Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I donated to honor my doctors

Options

I have been blessed by having Dr. Marissa Weiss, the founder of Breastcancer.org, as my radiation oncologist.  The care and support she has shown me has meant more than she knows.  Donating to Breastcancer.org is one thing I could do to honor her as well as all of the doctors who have truly CARED for me. I chose to give with the automatic quarterly donation.  It isn't a lot each quarter, but it is something.  I want Breastcancer.org to be able to count on my continuing support as much as I count on my doctors' continuing support.   I recommend this option to everyone.  Let's make sure Breastcancer.org is always here not only for us but for every woman who is frightened, panic stricken and searching for answers.  Dr. Weiss, thank you for all that you and your amazing team do for all of us.  

Comments

• Lisa1962
    Lisa1962 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2009
    Options

cmm3, You are incredibly blessed to have Dr. Marisa Weiss as your doctor!  When my mom was facing breast cancer 6 years ago, she too was so very blessed to have Dr. Weiss treat her!  I am going to be sending Breastcancer.org a nice donation this month in honor of my mom's wonderful 6 year breast cancer survivorship, and to thank Dr. Weiss for ALL that she does for women around the world. Just in the past few weeks I have been coming to breastcancer.org as I went through the excruciating wait after being called back for an abnormal yearly mammogram. The waiting for all of the tests (which finally ended last Thursday when I got benign results from my MRI guided breast biopsy) was all made so much better with having this website to come to each and every day. Sharing stories and diagnoses with women is a wonderful way to have a support group at your fingertips 24 hours a day/7 days a week! God Bless breastcancer.org, Dr. Weiss, and everyone involved!.............Lisa

• cmm3
    cmm3 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lisa1962,  I'm so glad you got the 'right' answer from your test results.  I had never read discussion boards much less posted on them until I was in your exact situation.  The fear was overwhelming.  The support I got here was amazing.  Being divorced, I didn't have that shoulder to cry on or that one person I could vent to and I didn't want to call anyone until I knew the test results.  Breastcancer.org filled that need for me and has continued to do so.  Thank you for supporting this great organization.