Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Top Hospitals

I came across this information on another website.  If it has already been posted, I apologize for the redundancy, but felt this was good info to share.

Hopefully, this info may help those of you trying to decide on where to have treatment or seek a second opinion.

"Best Cancer Hospitals" -
At the "U.S. News & World Report" web site:http://health.usnews.com/health/best-hospitals/cancer-hospital-rankings/is a list-

"More than 900 hospitals are listed below in Cancer. The top 50 are ranked and the rest are listed alphabetically. Use the expanded search to locate services related to this specialty at more than 5,000 U.S. hospitals."

And also on the same web page, at this link: 

http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/best-hospitals/2009/07/15/americas-best-hospitals-the-2009-2010-honor-roll.html

"America's Best Hospitals: the 2009 - 10 Honor Roll -They're the best of the best- the 0.4 percent of all hospitals with high scores in 6 or more specialties"

Comments

• Maryiz
    Maryiz Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2010

Kim, thanks for sharing this.  It helps to have this listing in case we need second opinions or an alternative.  We appreciate your research.  Maryiz

• Kim_888
    Kim_888 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010

You are welcome.  Like I said, I found this on another breast cancer forum (Inspire) and thought I'd repost it here. Maybe it will prove helpful to others.    

I've treated at 5 of these facilites (4 in the top 20):

#2- Sloan Kettering (Dissatisifed)

#3. Johns Hopkins (Impressive, unfortunately not able to help me at this time).

#14- Hospital of University of Penn - (Impressive, I chose not to treat there)

#20 - Fox Chase Cancer Clinic/Center - (Remarkable. Personal choice to not treat there).

#30 - Thomas Jefferson - (my current oncologist is affliated with Jefferson Health system)

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    edited February 2010

Thanks-

I was treated at Dana Farber (#5) and it was fabulous