Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Increasing BC Awareness to Truck Drivers

Options

My daughter drives a dump truck.  She wants to paint the boards on her dump box pink and put pink ribbons on her cab doors.  Can't miss those big trucks on the road and will help increase BC awareness to the public.  Let me know if you like this idea.

Comments

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    edited May 2010
    Options

love it!

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2010
    Options

Wonderful idea!

• FLtricia
    FLtricia Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    Options

I think she'll get noticed!  Billboards are always there.  Not many dump trucks decked out in pink.  Great idea!

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited May 2010
    Options

Bumping this post to the top of the list to replace the spam post with the URL in the subject line.  Spammers should be hung up by the you-know-whats!

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2010
    Options

My dh is a truck driver.  I wonder if his company would let him put a pink ribbon on the truck ... maybe do an awareness thing at his company.  It would be so awesome if every truck had the ribbon on it!

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited May 2010
    Options

I agree!  I'm not big on all the pink stuff and having pink ribbons plastered all everything, but I like it when I see a pink ribbon somewhere where it's unexpected.  To me that shows that breast cancer can affect everyone, either directly or indirectly.   That's an important message.

• Fergie1957
    Fergie1957 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    Options

Thanks for your posts.  She is receiving alot of looks and is very proud! 

• chainsawz
    chainsawz Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2010
    Options

Last week, I was driving to my onc office for my usual herceptin infusion - 2 years now and facing many,many more.  A huge pink cement truck passed me in the other lane, and it had breast cancer awareness painted on the side.....they had no clue there was a woman with stage IV cancer in the car next to them and that their huge pink truck made me smile :>

• BedrockFred
    BedrockFred Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Options

I saw website where a lady (a nurse in Titusville, FL) who had her new Camaro painted in BC Awareness theme. Pix here: Breast Cancer Awareness Camaro. The effect on the hood and trunk are called 'ghost flames'. Think of how this will attract folks to ask "Why the pink on your car?". FYI, all images on this site are G rated, no "models" here.

Hope it was ok to post a link to the page, I know some forums do not allow this from a new poster.

• awb
    awb Member Posts: 213
    edited May 2010
    Options

I think it's a great idea---tell her  thank-you.

anne