Join Us

We are 224,258 members in 83 forums discussing 163,468 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I donated in honor of my mother...

Forum: I've Donated to Breastcancer.org in honor of.... — Thank you for your donation! Here is a forum to share with others who you're honoring with your donation.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2011 03:19PM

texaslonghorn31 wrote:

I donate to the breastcancer.org folks in honor of my mother. My mother didn't have breast cancer. I did. But I could not have made it through as well as I did without her unending love and support. I know there are many women out there who battle this disease that don't have the support I did (emotionally and financially). So wanted to give something back!

Dx 7/10/2010, DCIS, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Apr 30, 2011 09:21AM Wabbit wrote:

bumping to put this lovely post on the front page index ... instead of that idiot Ken guy

Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 30, 2011 11:47AM CandDsMom wrote:

Bump

intermediate to high grade multifocal multicentric ER/PR negative DCIS. HER-2+ of unclear significance. s/p BMX

Apr 30, 2011 01:53PM CandDsMom wrote:

Bump

intermediate to high grade multifocal multicentric ER/PR negative DCIS. HER-2+ of unclear significance. s/p BMX

Apr 30, 2011 03:29PM Wabbit wrote:

bump

Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 30, 2011 03:42PM - edited Apr 30, 2011 03:45PM by Faith316

I got something in the mail from BCO today.  It was a letter suggesting making a donation in honor of mother's day.  I think that is a great idea and I plan to do so.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my mother doesn't need another candle, sweater, or bottle of perfume.  Making a donation to an organization that helps people is a wonderful gift.  For her birthday in January, I made a donation to globalgiving.org.  to be used to help supply clean water for places that do not have it.  For my father's birthday in March, I made a donation to globalgiving.org to be used for the Tsunami relief for Japan.  They were both very appreciative and thought the gifts were a wonderful idea.  This breast cancer forum helps so many women, me included and a donation to help keep this forum in operation to help other women would be a beautiful tribute to my mother who has always been there for me.  Just a thought as many people are pondering how to honor their mothers next week. 

DX 4/08 IDC, ER-, PR-, HER2+, IIB, Grade 3,lumpectomy,2/8 nodes,4 AC,12 wks.Taxol,Herceptin,30 rads. DX IBC 6/09 while still in treatment. Now Stage III. 6 mo. of Xeloda done, still on Tykerb. Uni-mx & another node dissection 2/4/10.

Jun 12, 2011 09:37AM - edited Jun 12, 2011 10:38AM by deborye

I donated to Breast Cancer.org in honor of my Mother who lost the battle at age 64. May 31st was her 15th anniversary of her death.  

~~~Deb~~~NEVER GIVE UP/NEVER SURRENDER**IDC 6mm & DCIS 7mm

Aug 23, 2011 07:12PM deborye wrote:

BUMP
~~~Deb~~~NEVER GIVE UP/NEVER SURRENDER**IDC 6mm & DCIS 7mm

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)