Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In Memory of MBJ - our darling Mary

In memory of Mary - MBJ - I am starting this donor drive.  Give what you are able in Mary's memory....

Deborah

Comments

• citykitty
    citykitty Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2012

Done....  In memory of Mary, and in honor of Deborah, Lilah, and the many, many other women of BCO who have helped me get through the breast cancer experience.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited March 2012

Carla: Bless you!

• Rennasus
    Rennasus Member Posts: 642
    edited March 2012

Done. Thanks for the call to action, Deborah.

Mary was truly a gem.

Renn 

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited March 2012

Great idea, whippetmom!  For those that don't know Mary was a singer songwriter and had been in a band at one time.  Her wonderful husband, Ryan, has a site where you can hear and purchase some of her recordings.  The downloads are free but there's a link to BCO to make a donation.  I donated to BCO in her memory and now I have some wonderful recordings of her voice.  It's funny- so many of us know each other so well yet have never heard each other's voices.  I'll post a link to the site.  If you click on "listen" you can hear the songs.  Click on "about" and there's a message from Ryan that has links to download and to donate.  There's even a guestbook you can "sign".  

http://www.maryjahn.com/ 

• whippetmom
    edited March 2012

Let's go girls! 

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited March 2012

whippetmom- When I get home I'll post a link to this thread on some of Mary's other threads.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2012

Mary's posts here and photos on the picture forum were such an inspiration to me during my reconstruction (still ongoing).  Thanks for organizing this way to thank her by helping other women deal with the struggles of breast cancer.

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    edited March 2012

Done.

I barely knew her and she was one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever e met.  Her delicious personality and sense of humor and kindness just exploded out of her posts.

Thank you for organizing this...

Annie

• whippetmom
    edited March 2012

Sure wish there was a Paypal link on that "DONATE" page though....

Mods?

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Done.    I did not know Mary, but have given in memory to Mary and all those that have been lost to this terrible disease.  

BCO has given me so much in my journey, and I hope that others will find comfort in this place too.  

• Shrek4
    Shrek4 Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780
    edited March 2012

Thank you, whippetmom. xoxo

I just had the chance to go to www.maryjahn.com and listen to Mary's song.  On that site, her husband Ryan says you can download Mary's songs and give a donation to BCO in exchange for downloading the songs.  She told me once that she was a jazz singer.  Had no idea what a voice and what a talent.  

I'm giving to BCO in honor of Mary.

I so wish I could have met her in person.   My heart is so sad.  Cry 

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    edited March 2012

Deborah,

Thank you for starting this. I, too, have now given in memory of Mary.  Like you, she did so much for so many of us, and so many she never even knew she touched.  She was always an angel.

• whippetmom
    edited March 2012

Thank you everyone~

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,815
    edited March 2012

Thank you all for contributing in MBJ's memory.  What a wonderful way to honor her - she was an inspiration to so many members of our community. 

Whippetmom, we will investigate having a PayPal link on th Donate page.

Thanks again

Your Mods  
  • LinSea
    LinSea Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2012

Whippetmom, so good to see your smiling face again!  I've been so sad about Mary.  She was the first woman I connected and corresponded with to become an angel.  Looking back, we had just talked about meeting for lunch, then the fall on her shoulder prevented us from meeting.  And now . . . :-(

Yes, most definitely I will donate in her honor.  And Yes, Paypal would be great, but that doesn't matter right now.  Thanks Deborah for doing this and rallying the troops!  You saved me in the midst of my TE mess, and am so thankful for you!

Mary, I still weep for you. You left so many who loved and miss you.

Lindsey