Topic: Anxiety and Depression

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Feb 27, 2009 03:24PM - edited Mar 20, 2009 12:09PM by taraleec

Posted on: Feb 27, 2009 03:24PM - edited Mar 20, 2009 12:09PM by taraleec

taraleec wrote:

This Post was deleted by taraleec.
Dx 4/2/2008, LCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Feb 27, 2009 07:57PM leaf wrote:

Oh Taraleec, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this terror!

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 27, 2009 08:13PM mzmiller99 wrote:

Oh, my, I hope things straighten out for you!  What a lot to deal with all at once. 

Thinking of you.

Susan

Susan IMRT 09/08, Oncotype DX 15, Aromasin 03/09 Dx 6/16/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 27, 2009 08:27PM Makratz wrote:

taraleec,

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this.  Your health issues alone are enough to drive you crazy.  Please don't do anything crazy, it won't solve a thing!  Think of your adorable little boy, perhaps that will help you stay focused?    I truly hope that your latest doc is correct, that you just have lumpy breasts!  Can they do another aspiration to see if the results come out conclusive?   Hang in there and let us know what happens. 

Linda...♥♥♥ Never, never, never give up ~ Winston Churchill

Feb 27, 2009 08:48PM BFidelis wrote:

taraleec,

I am so sorry.  Sounds like you need some real assistance.  Does your treatment center/hospital offer any social services?  They might be able to provide practical help, like assisting you in finding a lawyer, maybe even reduced cost or free (pro bono).  Sometimes it's not all about money, but connections.  And social workers have connections.  It might also help to have someone like that to help you 'think through' priorities.  You might feel less tossed-around by the chaos around you.  I once heard Jim Lovell (captain of Apollo 13) speak, and he said they would decide what was the most urgent problem and then focus on nothing else until they had solved that one.  Then they'd decide what was most urgent, etc.  Failure was not an option.  Just total focus on what we need to do now.  Please hold on.  I will hold you in my heart.

Dona Nobis Pacem,

Beth

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Scroll to top button