We are 196,350 members in 81 forums discussing 144,710 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects → Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around breast cancer fears, diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 12:45PM - edited Jun 12, 2017 02:27PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approve in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing--insomnia <----->depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

I wish everyone no pain or fear always---Camilegal, 2014

Our spirit will transcend to a different place. Why? Because nothing has value without this belief. Why be human and humane? Why the contact? Why anything, without belief? sas, 2014

"Yes, we ALL have had crap going on in our lives, but see, you have to look at it like YOU are still HERE! And so are we! So go walk outdoors, and watch a sunset.... or the sunrise, like I am going to do in a minute! Just thank God that you get another day.... See? That's your "present" ! Chevyboy, 2014

"People are in your life, for a reason, a season or a lifetime. The why we will never know, but the knowing isn't the important part. The importance is accepting that we were blessed to have had them" sas

Pray not to survive, pray to be.......... day to day, that you deal with today, with hope that tomorrow is good to excellent. We change our old ideas about days. We change our ideas about minutes when the need is there. At first, numb. Then a fog. Then a flurry of activity. Then a slow down of activity. There's more, but I'll leave that out for now. Feel the wind, feel the warmth, and breathe........................sas

"Be still and know that I am God" and "He Wept"- Susan3 and Loverfolife, 2015

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1441 of 1,442 (43,252 results)

Posts 43201 - 43230 (43,252 total)

Nov 13, 2017 10:54AM - edited Nov 13, 2017 10:55AM by sas-schatzi

Queenie, so we could say Happy Birthday most of the time and not get it wrong? sounds good a :)

The a letter stopped working the other night. my IT service worked on it a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning. He had to have me help by pushing the letters. Which meant staying up with him. The fella had me take the a key off and clean it. In putting back together one of the little white plastic pieces flipped over my shoulder. He wanted me to get on my hands and knees to find it. My knee caps are fine except when i directly kneel on them. Particularly on ceramic. Plus, the piece was essentially the same color as the floor. It'd be like finding a lost needle in the OR. No, I wasn't doing it. That meant going back to the on screen keyboard which of course started floating and getting over the top of where I was writing. Inexplicably, it started to work last night.

But I am getting a new computer, but I am going to follow your's and Marj's advice. I will go back and cut and paste your question's then you possibly can cut and paste your answers. then back and forth. Maybe.

I'm intrigued by the anuos (sic). bbut Mari had worked up some suggestions when I had trouble a while ago, bbut I have to go back and find them.

My timetable is flexible, I'd rather get something that won't frustrate me like this one has.

Security is a big issue. I understand MAC has better security. MY IT service won't service MAC's. But my fear then is I get into a problem and then what do I do. Bench fees for fixing a computer here start at 90$

posting to save

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Nov 13, 2017 11:33AM marijen wrote:

Here they are Sas, I don't have a laptop so cannot help you more really.

See other used & new offers from $620.00

$599.99

$829.00

Nov 13, 2017 11:36AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Smarrty, congrats on the new baby grand nephew , so cute. Nice weight and size. Steve was in that range, as soon as I heard the weight, ai gave a prayer of thanks it, was a C-section.

Loverly, cute pictures of Ami. Love her hair and dress too!......... Would you mind finding that discussion on melatonin a number of pages back. ai want to do a thread on melatonin.

One........I need your help on the laser thread. :) if you are up for it.

Nov 13, 2017 11:57AM - edited Nov 13, 2017 12:01PM by sas-schatzi

Sassy's computer search.

1. Laptop only---tough as nails.

2. Use: Only internet searching, BCO, f, email----no gaming, no word perfect

3. Security: Would unit need an outside security coverage. I have AVG at present. They are getting expensive b/c it's not a comprehensive package. Would new unit need an extra VPN coverage package. It seems companies want from 50 -100 $ for the upper level security. AVG's is 99$/yr over the 50$/yr I pay already. I'm really concerned about hacking. VPN then becomes a very important piece of the puzzle.

4. IT service: Would the new computer be able to be serviced by an outside company? Hit multiple times by viruses over the years which the IT company was always able to fix. Their cost is 300$ for two years. Is there a better way to do it?

5. Audio: oh vey, audio. I've had Gateway, Dell, Hp. None have loud enough audio. Is there an audio enhancer for the deaf?

6. What operating system? Is windows 11 ready now? Should I wait until 11.2 comes out?

7. Skyping and such not done now , but may want it if the kids get prego?

8. wifi

9. 360 rotation: Nice an convenient, but then I can't hear the audio :(

Nov 13, 2017 02:43PM - edited Nov 13, 2017 06:53PM by queenmomcat

Sassy: a) yes, you can wish me happy birthday whenever you like

b) The second computer mentioned above (business Dell) might do for you. Laptops don't have as much flexibility as desktops in this regards upgrading sound; is your issue volume rather than sound quality? Can you stand wearing headphones? (I've always preferred that, and my hearing's good enough to be getting on with.) On a side note, several of my friends/family members have ended up getting hearing aids, and wrestle with their computers.

As for Windows 11, I'm not sure what Microsoft's plans are in regards the whole 'nother/next version. 10 looks to be around for long enough to just go ahead and get a new computer now, since this one's making you crazy right now. Let me ask around about VPNs; I still need to do that.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 13, 2017 05:07PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

Someone asked last week which drug I am taking for the sleep, anxiety, sadness, cough reflex. It's called amitriptyline hcl 25 mg. Sas found it in The Voice Doctor info for cough reflex.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left

Nov 13, 2017 07:42PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bluebird, Honey been like dying to know what you were taking, cuz you didn't say it was the amitriptyline. This is very important if it works for you. We should do a whole thread on the science thread. Especially, b/c of the Connective Tissue disorder, either or and, b/c of lupus /scleroderma. You knew what to take and study and your doc proceeded to give you a treatment that made the situation very bad. You can cut and paste your story and how you know what drugs to take.

Then when I found a possible solution you knew how to evaluate the drug against your connective tissue disorder. Not asking you to write anything tonight. But I'm in a go mode. I will write the box and bring back the link Or maybe not.

Perhaps it's best in the side effect thread. Hmmm that takes some thinking. They only allow for so many letters in a topic header.

Okay, voice doc recommended starting at 10mg and work up. What did you start on? Tell the story with the doc? Did you take in the Voice doc's protocol? I'm excited. It's like Thorazine for hiccups.

Nov 13, 2017 07:50PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Blue, when you said later on you had pneumonitis, obviously, that was a concern and I didn't catch you had that dx., but cough can be a manifestation of that too. Anyways deliriously happy, that you are finding something that helped. AND I was sad it wasn't the amitriptyline. I was so curious with the Voice Dr.'s recipe approach, I really wanted to see if it worked. It is working YAY whopper. Can I write the voice doc? Or do you want too?

Nov 13, 2017 07:55PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Queenie,thanks. Does a business dell come in a laptop and have 360 rotation? I guess I will have to consider headphones. I was trying to do avoidance. Bo they have headphones designed to pick up TV as well as computer? Can I do it as a universal thing?

I've never met anyone that had n easy time with hearing aides.

Nov 13, 2017 07:59PM - edited Nov 13, 2017 08:01PM by sas-schatzi

Mari, Thanks. if I go through Best Buy I can use my Best Buy credit card and do 6 mos same as cash. How do those units. fit into best buy? Sorry, that's a dumb question. Can Dell be bought from Best Buy?

Nov 13, 2017 08:56PM queenmomcat wrote:

Sas: the 'Business Dell' Marijen listed is a laptop (all three were) but I don't think it's one of the '360' ones, just a bog-standard 90-degree or thereabouts laptop (I didn't follow the link.) Do you mean a laptop that can be folded over like a table tent, or one for which the screen can be rotated on an axis level with the keyboard? Or something else?

(Sorry, haven't gotten to the technical terms for those two rotations.)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 13, 2017 11:12PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Queenie. the HP 360 tHAT I HAVE NOW, THAT IS DOING ONE OF IT'S crazy things like a stuck cap lock. That went off when I hit the a button.

which can rotate into a tent or 180 or 360. Mari has tried so hard to find me a unit. but I read the stuff and it skips over the top of my head. Basically, because it's off my learning care. I spent all day studying surgeries and writing b/c I care that folks understand surgery. With the computer, I want something that works, doesn't need a lot of attention, will work when I drop it, and can't be invaded. Does self maintenance and totally at my beck and call without any regard for it's needs or respect.

I want something I can sit at the table with, then go and sit on the couch with my feet up.

Nov 14, 2017 12:45AM Loveroflife wrote:

Ms. Sas, melatonin..., Page 1429? Are u talking about this one?

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Nov 14, 2017 12:47AM Loveroflife wrote:

Ms. SMAARTY, Harrison is a cutie!!! His picture makes me smile.

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Nov 14, 2017 05:23AM Castigame wrote:

I had to take a 3 hr long nap yesterday afternoon. Guess my body really liked the idea of no more beating for the first time in 11 mo. Hyst post op was really good. I can drive now. No sex no exertion no swimming practically till new year.

3 hr long nap w TV on and missing important phone call made me little nervous about going back to work. Damned health insurance.

Still glad to be alive.

Mimi Dx 1/11/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes Dx 1/11/2017, IDC: Papillary/IDC: Cribriform, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/15/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy Chemotherapy 3/21/2017 Radiation Therapy 7/31/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Nov 14, 2017 06:00AM feelingfeline wrote:

Amen to that Castigame.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Nov 14, 2017 07:03AM queenmomcat wrote:

Castigame: my sympathies/support. I've come to rather appreciate an afternoon nap, though in fairness my work schedule is my own to determine, being a) self-employed and b) a student. But my sleep-wake cycle, never much to write home about, was worsened by cancer, treatment and concomitant anxiety. Yours?

Sas: let me keep researching this computer thing, and the VPNs. I may not be much help with tech support specifics, as I'm not sure what's available in your area, but is my guess correct that you need BOTH a computer AND separate tech/security support? (caffeine hasn't kicked in after a long adrenaline-rush of a week)

Nov 14, 2017 12:28PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hi Queenie, I have tech support from NY that's outsourced to India. I've had them for years b/c they do problem correction and maintenance.

I was just wondering if there was a better way of doing it..........

It seems Apple doesn't have the problems that Microsoft has, but really no more clue than that. Thanks :)

Nov 14, 2017 08:19PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Loverly, thank you so much :)

Hi Casti, That page that Loverly found for me has several posts about Melatonin. It's a naturally occurring hormone in the body that is sleep related. Hope the reading material helps.

Feline, your button art is beautiful, must have been fun puzzling the colors together. Was it for your daughter the ballerina?

Nov 14, 2017 09:54PM magdalene51 wrote:

Ft. Sill National Cemetery is an hour and a half away, but for several reasons, it was the best choice. The honors ceremony, the flag folding and presentation, the bugler playing taps, the Patriot Guard Riders - it was unforgettable.

My son sat in the front row next to me and took this and a few others. I took no pictures at all; just alternating numb and crying.

Everyone's gone home now except the youngest sister who seems to have moved in. At least she helps out. Started chemo again today, oncologist & chest X-ray tomorrow.

Mags Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 6/30/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/10/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin)

Nov 14, 2017 11:12PM Wren44 wrote:

Mags, Gentle hugs. Hope onc & xrays go well tomorrow.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Nov 15, 2017 02:52AM Bluebird-DE wrote:

Sas - I am on the amitriptyline. But DNP ordered 25 mg which I did take instead of the 10. Reason, I have been a mess for weeks / months, crying too much depressed, angry. And it helped me within 4 days. The cough, I think it is better but still there from the lungs and pressure. But the best part is the ultrasound revealed a nodule in my thyroid. If it is in the back and it probably is - that will cause excess phlegm, choking, lump in throat, coughing, hard to eat. This has been sent to the breast cancer oncologist at new cancer center. I am hoping they will have a specialist and just remove full thyroid, it is all lace anyway from Hashimoto's which runs in my family.

The pneumonitis was said to have cleared up, shown first in high def CT as pneumonitis called ground glass. But in PET CT said no pneumonitis. Or do you think, Sas, that it just did not show on the PET CT?

Need to go back to bed, meeting nephew and his wife in AM for brunch. I got 2 hrs so far. But yesterday I got 11 hrs or more, in bed until 3pm.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left

Nov 15, 2017 03:52AM feelingfeline wrote:

Mags, such a beautiful and dignified funeral for your DH. Happy to hear you have had such support from your son and sister.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Nov 15, 2017 05:56AM shepkitty wrote:

quick waves to all!

soft hugs for Mags......

Happiest Birthdays to The Queen

Big smiles lookin' at the (not so) wee babes

And NO NO NO DELL for Sassy! Dell has piss poor customer service and their products have short lifespans. Plus, once they discontinue a model, which they do very often, they no longer offer support or updates.

Asus or Lenovo are best. Our Security Officers use Lenovo in their patrol cars and the office staff uses them also. The County Officers and office staff tend to use mostly Asus.

Both offer the touchscreen and can be rotated and flipped to be a "tent" or a flat tablet. Sound is good too. You can always get a little speaker to use via bluetooth or the aux out. I have a Jambox - Love it! SoundBrick is good, as is the Best Buy house brand Insignia. Easy to find on sale for under 30 bucks.

I have a little 8 inch screen Asus Netbook from 2009. Still going strong and running Windows 10. No fancy HD screen (easier on my eyes) and not as fast as the new critters are. But 8 years is pretty impressive! Easy to toss in my big purse too.

My Desktop is a Lenovo - very nice. Not portable though :)

My laptop is a Lenovo Twist - has the nice 13 inch HD touchscreen and does the "yoga" positions. I use a bluetooth keyboard - hate laptop keyboards as I don't like being right on top of the thing to type. The laptop is my primary - such a nice lil' machine. Easy to move room to room with and cozy to snuggy in bed with Miss Pris to watch our movies.

Right now I am "slumming" on FFH's Asus laptop in the dining room. It's a great machine, but has a big screen and is too large to easily move room to room with.

We do have a Dell graveyard in the attic. isssss soooo scary up there!

Intel makes the best processors. The Asus laptop is a core I3 and is pretty spry. My Lenovo Twist is a core I7 and flies! I would recommend an SSD for the internal drive. Much more efficient, can take being jostled about and don't have the overheating issues the other drives do. Just be sure it is not an EMC SSD - it's a less efficient, slower drive that is used in cell phones. You'll have less "real" memory and slower speeds.

If worried about security - Windows 10 has the best protection money can buy - built in for free! Or instead of Windows, get a Chromebook. Chromebooks also have excellent built in security and do all necessary updates automatically. Basically just set it and forget it.

Both Windows and Chromebooks offer Tech assistance for free. No way would I trust a 3rd party to handle security issues.

Reckon I should try to sleep. There is a horrible fat bald man in my bed.....ick. My baby moved back in yesterday and is sleeping in the guest room tonight (instead of FF) until his room is finished being set up. They are both being complete drama queens and acting quite unpleasant. Not to each other....to me.

I've been having a rough recovery from Gamma Knife 3 weeks ago and biopsy last week. Headaches, nausea, stumbling over my own feet, stumbling over my own thoughts and speech..... synapses totally mucked up. Had family visiting again over the weekend and had "put on" as best I could so as not to worry them. They were not fooled. They also glimpsed FF's true self. Thought my gentle Uncle was going to deck FF a few times. His arms were too busy catching me while FF stampeded off ahead of us to get seated at the restaurant or to sit in the car. I only had my cane - FF doesn't like to push my wheelchair because the arms are too low for him and it's uncomfortable for him. Auntie is a good catcher too. Soooo embarrassing for them to see who I was so stupid to stay with for so long. Many things going to chit right now. Feeling very defeated. It will pass. But right now sucks. A lot.

Positive thing........took me so long to write this the fat man should be getting up for work! Then Pris and I can have our room back! After we put the ceiling fan on high to get the stench out first.........

Good Night most of you dear ladies! Good Morning Dear Feline and any of our "upside down" Sisters out there!

💜

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, mets to bone/other, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 mets to brain. Lots of Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty (one with RA), 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017.

Nov 15, 2017 06:42AM feelingfeline wrote:

Morning Sheppy. I hope you continue to recover more and more from the surgery. Heart

Nov 15, 2017 10:20AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Whew Shep, Shall we send or bring the hemlock? So, it's 3 weeks since Gamma that means 4 weeks since we talked for more than 1 minute. I'm going through withdrawal. FFH what a toad, a farting toad.

Thank you for the info on the computer. Of course you have me spinning. I'll save this page with Mari's, Queenie's and your recommendations. Dells are off the list.

bbl.

Nov 15, 2017 08:32PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Had great fun today talking with Dr Ansnelli re: C02 assisted laser mastectomies.

Nov 16, 2017 01:58AM - edited Nov 16, 2017 02:09AM by JunieB

Hello everyone!

It has been a bit since I was last here, but I am caught up on everyone's posts now.

I can't believe it's only a week until Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your families. It would be fun for you ladies to share some of your favorite family Thanksgiving traditions, foods or funny cooking or family stories.

I have been busy with doctors appts., Kirby and other stuff. Using the bus for transportation, while I'm grateful to have it, it makes getting things done so much more drawn out and time/energy consuming. So once I get home I am tuckered out and my brain isn't able to really form any good conversation to post here. But I'm sure you all know how it goes. I have 4 loads of laundry sitting here all separated and sprayed, waiting for me to take them to the laundry room, but I haven't made it there yet. I now have no more towels in the kitchen or bathroom and won't be able to get to the laundry until Saturday. Dentist tomorrow, then volunteering on Friday.

Yesterday I had my appt. with Palliative Care, then went to the store to pick up a few items, and when I got home at 7 p.m. I started baking some Pumpkin/Cranberry/Pecan & Chocolate Zucchini Breads. I made them for a friend whose B-day was back on Oct. 31st. Because she is so busy we weren't able to get together until today for lunch, and she likes those breads. I can only do so much in any one day. After I got home from our lunch and my massage at 4 p.m. this afternoon I laid down and took a 2 hour nap. And so it goes!

Also, I've been having quite the time with phlebitis in my lower left leg. Had an Ultrasound, and no blood clot, but boy oh boy does it hurt. It's hot, red and burns. It hurts to even have the bed sheet rub across it. I am wearing my compression sock now, but I don't like them tho. So hard to get on.

Mags - Thinking of you and praying for your comfort. Thank you for sharing the pic of the flag folding. I was also very happy to read how everything worked out regarding the funeral planning, insurance, etc.

JeeNee - Welcome! I hope you can get more rest tonight. Ever since my mets dx in 2014 I've had insomnia from the treatments I'm on too. I have to take xanax, and a low dose muscle relaxer in order to get any sleep.

M0mmy - You have the worst luck with neighbors. So sorry. I hope things with the newest ones don't continue to go downhill from here. Your rolls sound yummy!

Sheppie - Ewww!, since I am very sensitive to smells, I think I'd have plopped on the couch or made FFH do so. So sorry he has been treating you so horrible. Can we pummel him when we get there?

Also, thanks for the info on the computers. I didn't realize your had such a wealth of knowledge on them.

Wren - Sorry I missed your B-day, but hopefully this will make you smile still.

Image result for funny happy belated birthday wishes

Queenie - I wish you the happiest Birthday month! Vroom Vroom! Keep flying and keep'em guessing.

Related image

Loverly - Mia is such a cutie! Those pics are beautiful.

Sassy - I am really looking forward to December. It seems like you really have your hands full with trying to find a new computer.

Hello Bluebird! - Hope you are doing well.

Well I guess I'll say goodnight for now.

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Nov 16, 2017 02:05AM JunieB wrote:

Oh yeah here is a neat video that is inspiring and wanted to share with you all.

Related image

https://www.littlethings.com/chi-chi-therapy-dog/

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Nov 16, 2017 03:37AM feelingfeline wrote:

Wow, one incredibly lucky plucky dog.

Page 1441 of 1,442 (43,252 results)