We are 215,501 members in 81 forums discussing 153,260 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around breast cancer fears, diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1458 of 1,498 (44,923 results)

Posts 43711 - 43740 (44,923 total)

Feb 25, 2018 04:03PM Wren44 wrote:

DH played music all the time after our marriage. The genre changed from time to time, but I never had any input about what to play. In time, I learned to screen it out like I do the ads on my computer. I guess in some ways, that's my loss. On the other hand, I am totally into art and color. On our way back from Oregon, we stopped by Heirloom Roses to see their complex. They have an area about the size of 2 lots with roses planted all around. You're free to walk and sniff and take notes. We bought the Impressionist, which is a rose that changes colors throughout the bloom season. Smells good too.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Feb 25, 2018 05:42PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

Mags - Not like your gift, but I hear music, choirs and such so often. Over the sound of the shower or when there is a din from the television and I am nearby, the music kicks in. Seldom words. More of a full orchestra and choir. Or an angelic voice. But not all the time.

When friends and I went to Sedona long ago there was a fountain in the house we rented for 10 days. Sitting quietly in the living room one could hear voices of the native Grandmothers talking in their language. Sometimes them singing. It was eerie and captivating. I could hear, a few other women could too, not all. Water carries music, memories, miracles.

We had music in elementary school and onward. But at age 14 this was actually my introduction to music This one on my stepdad's album and he couldn't get over that I loved this music. Forget 1970s rock n roll, I loved the R&B from two decades before and forward to mid-sixties.

and this from Peer Gynt of all things, he had the entire recordings of the play.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me. Diane Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left

Feb 25, 2018 05:50PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

I almost got up last night. In that short time between going to bed and falling asleep where there is no thought of cancer I forgot the problem and had a tussle with one of my pillows and it hurt. Oh yeah, forgot about that, didn't you, the liver said to me. Eventually I drifted off. Then woke to the powerful winds blowing through the woods, strong and capable of taking down trees but none that I found today.Danny Boy had to go out at 3ish and I swear his fur was windblown straight back like he had been styled.

"Every mistake I have made has proven to be invaluable information for someone. Namely, me." Me. Diane Dx 7/15/2011, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Left

Feb 26, 2018 03:46PM - edited Feb 26, 2018 03:48PM by Loveroflife

Blue~ I am thankful that you are able to cry. The body does release hormones to help us when we cry.

Here is an excerpt: “ In fact, one study collected both reflex tears and emotional tears (after peeling an onion and watching a sad movie, respectively). When scientists analyzed the content of the tears, they found each type was very different. Reflex tears are generally found to be about 98 percent water, whereas several chemicals are commonly present in emotional tears [Source: The Daily Journal. First is a protein called prolactin, which is also known to control breast milk production. Adrenocorticotropic hormonesare also common and indicate high stress levels. The other chemical found in emotional tears is leucine-enkephalin, an endorphin that reduces pain and works to improve mood. Of course, many scientists point out that research in this area is very limited and should be further studied before any conclusion can be made.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/science.howstuffworks.com/amp/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/crying1.htm

Hugs

Love the music videos. Here is one of my favorites:

Mags, thank God the auditory hallucination is music rather than voicesShocked

Very happy to hear that you are buying a new house. Saw the photo of it. Beautiful! Curious what the inside looks like.

Shep, I love the photos of Ellie. Hopefully, the med works and she is no longer Smelly Ellie. Poor baby.

JunieB, yay! Wisdom to neurosurgeon.

Ms. Sas, hope the back roll helps.

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Feb 26, 2018 03:48PM - edited Feb 26, 2018 04:07PM by JunieB

Mags - I am listening to that song right now. Beautiful! I'd never heard that before.

Sheppy - Miss Ellie is a cutie. Looking very comfy on the couch.

Blue - The pink & white flower pic you posted, are those Hydrangeas? Very pretty.

Loverly - So what if a person just doesn't cry?

I had bought a bunch of bananas to bake some bannana/apricot bread, but never got to it because of my back. So this morning I took those very brown, yucky bananas to the compost heap.

On another note, recently I was reading on the Ibrance thread about the things we on the drug are not supposed to be consuming (i.e., Grapefruit, pomegranate, blood oranges & Tangelos). This info was also given to me by a nurse from the specialty pharmacy that is supplying my Ibrance script. As it turns out I was never given this info and I've been drinking Pomegranate/Cranberry juice w/ sparkling water for awhile now. Apparently these items increase the toxicity of the Ibrance and possibly was causing my ANC to be quite low. Now that I have stopped drinking the juice, my last CBC showed my ANC to be 1.3. That is the highest it has ever been 3/4 of the way through a round of the Ibrance. Hmmm!

Well it is 1:00 p.m. here and I need to get in the shower.

Later Ladies!

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 26, 2018 03:51PM Loveroflife wrote:

Had lunch with the Sacto ladies last Friday. As usual, not enough time

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Feb 26, 2018 04:09PM JunieB wrote:

Loverly - Oh what fun. So good to see all your faces!

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 26, 2018 05:09PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

LoverofLife now it is unusual to find music videos with farm life, cool. I really had fun watching that one. Imagine living on a peaceful farm like that one. All green.

Yes, Junie, those are in the front yard. A huge old bush.

Junie - at least you knew when to give up on the bananas. And on the Ibrance note, that is why we have to do this on our own somehow. I had surgery and was never ever told not to have a blood pressure cuff on that arm, no labs, and what to do to avoid lymphedema. About 5 months later I found BCO and info. How did I find bco? Because the bc nurse navigator at the hospital where the surgeon was made a special trip to my appt to give me the huge folder the surgeon's office had been hanging on to through all my December appts, never gave it to me. Bless her heart, I found you guys finally. That was back in Jan 2012.

Feb 27, 2018 03:58AM jaymeb wrote:

Hi Blue, and all you wonderful women.

It's 3:00 in the morning my time, and still wide awake. I had my exchange surgery, and the right breast lifted. Oughhhhh😂😂😂. Bye bye expander, thank god!!!!! The silicone implant feels better, but I'm sore. The right breast, where I had the lift hurts like hell. Especially the nipple. My PS had to cut on my breast, and some of the nipple. Well, I wanted the right breast to match as much as possible to the left. The PS told me I would have more pain on that breast. Boy, she sure wasn't lying!!!!!! It's worse. My anesthesia still hasn't worn off. It will take two days. I'm just now feeling a little coherent. I'm taking Vicadin, and it only takes the edge off, not the pain. I'm not a fan of pain medicine. Hope to be off in a few days. Can't take the ambien while on it. Need to get off it anyway, but addicted to it. Sighhhh.

I've been catching up reading your Ladies posts. Blue, my eyes got wide reading about nobody on your medical team telling you NOT to use your mascectomy arm for blood pressure readings👀👀👀👀👀👀. What the hell? Sorry about that. That was one of the first things I was told, even before my mascetomy. If my wrong arm is used to get my blood pressure, it's my fault because I'm always running my mouth to the nurses, and get distracted. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ By the way, how are you feeling? It is sooo true, crying is the best medicine. I cry a lot!!! I have a history of depression. Always feel better after a good cry, if that makes sense. Blue, I think I mentioned how much my daughter and I love animals. However, she is more obsessive. She's an only child, and her pets since she was a baby are also her security.

We have two cats, had fish, now hamsters in our small two bedroom apartment. I swear she is asking for another cat, a puppy, more rodents(which I call hamsters), and a rabbit. She's a great kid, but lord have mercy. I told her when she gets out of college, and on her own, she can get a farm, and have any animal she wants. If I tell her you have one, she would probaly try to leave here, and find you!!!!! Lol.

I'm curious ladies, have any of you had, or have lymphodema? I always thought if one gets it, it would be immediately after surgery. Well, today, I was told lymphodema could come at anytime, years later. Is this true? It's a stupid question, but how?

Loveroflife

Great picture. Thanks for sharing more indepth info about what tears do. It makes sense. I always learn so much on this thread.

Mags

I'm so sorry about your husband. How long were you married, if it's ok to ask? I've heard, and read BC can be rough for a husband, and of course family in general. I'm divorced(which I regret everyday). My ex is a great man. Also, a very devout Catholic.🙂 I know you have great memories. My father passed 8 years ago at 65. He and my mom were married 46 years. She still misses him everyday. So do I. I read that you love gardening. I love flowers. Friends that I have tell me gardening is also therapeutic for them. Do you grow spices, or vegetables?

Well, now it's 4:00 am. Maybe I can go to sleep. Still very tired from my surgery yesterday. Hope all of you have a good day.

Dx 2/15/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/15/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/29/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/21/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 7/16/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Feb 27, 2018 04:09AM jaymeb wrote:

Mags

I just now saw you were married a little over thirty years. Sorry about that. It's hard to remember everything I read, even if it's a day ago. I hate how tamoxifen affects my memory😒😒
Dx 2/15/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/15/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/29/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/21/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 7/16/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Feb 27, 2018 01:07PM Wren44 wrote:

The first person to tell me about not using the mx arm was a nurse after my surgery. It was so late in the day, they kept me in the observation ward overnight. It's true that you can get lymphadema any time, but I think it's more likely to be soon after.

Jaymeb, I hope your pain doesn't last long. I know what you mean about vicodin only taking the edge off.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Feb 28, 2018 01:24AM JunieB wrote:

Jaymeb - I had my mastectomy at age 31. I only had minor issues with lymphedema for the next 24 years, but once I started treatment for my MBC, the lymphedema increased. my right arm is a little more than double the size of my left arm. The BS took 25 lymph nodes when he did my mastectomy. Why I do not know, especially since they where all negative. I also get swelling in my chest and underarm. I go to a lymphedema therapist every once in a while and should wear my compression sleeve, but the thing is so uncomfortable I conveniently forget to put it on. I have also had 2 bouts with cellulitis in that arm as well. It's always something!

I have found that I need to continually remind the medical staff, nurses, etc over and over that they cannot use my MX arm for BP or needle sticks. Most are good about following my wishes, however I have had some nurses, usually the younger & newer ones that will say "oh it's ok" and then they get my stink eye and a tone that makes them re-think their approach. Apparently, these days BS's only remove a few lymph nodes in their patients and maybe they are less likely to experience a problem. I don't know for sure though.

I am glad your surgery is done and hope that the pain will subside soon!

Blue - At the corner of my apartment there is a blue hydrangea that is very pretty but because it is so large it interferes with the sidewalk access into my front yard, so I am hoping to find someone who is willing to dig it out and take it. I might have one lady who wants it. She said she'd get back to me when the weather gets better, so we'll see if she follows through.

Loverly - Was there any conversation at lunch about Chance & Gus Gus? If so, how are they doing?

Ok, off to bed for me. A friend and I are taking the bus to Portland in the morning. It's supposed to be really raining tomorrow. Yucky!

Goodnight to All!

Feb 28, 2018 09:08AM kathindc wrote:

Junie, if the lady doesn’t take the hydrangea and you can’t find anyone else to take it, have you thought of some creative pruning of the bush. I live at the top of a cul de sac that has no houses so it is filled with bushes and plants. Years ago some bushes were planted close to the curb. If I park in that area my passengers end up in the bushes. A few years ago I got fed up with them and now cut them back every year. We have several houses that plant flowers right up to the curb which makes it hard to get out of vehicles. I wish people would use common sense when they plant bushes, plants and trees. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a gardener but when I plant anything I think ahead to how big it could get and take that into where I’ll put it. We have one house whose hedge has taken over 3/4 of the public sidewalk and another house whose hedge is taking up about half the sidewalk. They haven’t done anything when approached so it’s time to get the city involved.

Feb 28, 2018 06:20PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

We planted a blue hydrangea over Lacey's grave. Last year there were several flowers. So beautiful. For SAge and Blossoms grave sites wee had a lace hydrangea and some huge flat rocks, very pretty.

Lacey

Today I tried to eat and couldn't more than a few bites. Then I got to craving really good chicken wings. I gave up meat 2+ weeks ago. But I said I really want them now. Hubby went in one place at lake and came out w unseasoned and cooked on the grill wings, dry and gross. I will give them a bad review for these, worst chicken ever. Who owns a place to serve food and does this and gets away w it? why?! So we drove 10 miles to next town w lake nd he came out of that place w wings that are really chicken tenders and baked, no seasoning but at least breading. I am going to cook them in sunflower oil and use salt and garlic powder to make them edible later. So I called the pizza place and their wings are oven baked too so no, just no. Chicken wings are guilty pleasures. Seasoned / marinated, breaded then slow cooker or deep fried and juicy in a sauce like buffalo or bbq. I am still searching. Meantime, Hubby bought me an old fashioned chicken pot pie like my mom used to bake on those nights we were home alone or sick. The little round single serving. Going to try to eat that now, seems bland enough. But messing w my cravings like this is just not acceptable.

We met our nephew and niece for brunch this morning. They are the highlight of our month right now, each month. Talk for 5 hrs and meet again next month.

I am telling my attorney that this pain dr I have to see for the firm's request on th e6th is the last dr call. Anyone else, including him. will have to journey to our home to see me. I am done. I have things to do and that is not on my bucket list. Yesterday my social worker w hospice / palliative was here, good talk. She's right. I am in charge now. It is all about me and what can I squeeze in that are priorities to me.

So people, get ready for some stories because I have a lot to get done.

Yesterday I called my neighbor who is a friend. We had not connected for 18 months since Xeloda stole my life last year to December. I plan to pick her up then let her drive around the area getting photos and surveying our countryside like we used to do. Last outing we went to MoonTree Studios for an art display. Times before we found wildlife and sunsets.

I am reconnecting w people I have missed in some way. Next my friend Virgina from MI.

Recovery time after outings is usually 3 days down and it is hard to accept. But once I realized it and that I have been pushing too hard to be back on the road the next day it made sense. Doesn't mean it will always be like this but when / if I get better as something is working then I will only do so if I am getting the rest I need so my body has the enrgy I need to heal.

Feb 28, 2018 06:22PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

Blossom on Papa's shoulders.

And Sage in fridge

Feb 28, 2018 06:55PM sas-schatzi wrote:

hi,on kindle,computer broke since Sat. Lovely postings. Hugs

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Feb 28, 2018 09:58PM - edited Mar 2, 2018 12:08AM by Loveroflife

Oh Ms. Sassy, you beat me to it. Have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off....eek, that sounds kind of violent.

Queenie, I was supposed to relay the message to you that Ms. Sas' computer is down and she is having a team of computer techs working to hopefully resolve the problem. She is lost without her computer.

Ms. Sas, time for a new one?

Jaymeb~ I thought about you the other day. Glad to hear surgery went well, but sorry to hear the lift side is causing you pain. I have read that the pain is worse with breast lift. How is the pain compared to mx?

Junie, Sensi lost Chance the day prior :(

Feb 28, 2018 11:08PM - edited Mar 1, 2018 02:56AM by JunieB

Loverly - I am SO sad to hear about Chance! How is Sensi dealing? So heartbreaking.

There is a man that I see on the bus every now and then, and on Monday I saw him again. I asked how he was doing and he just broke down into tears because he had had to put his 18 year old cat to sleep that day. I felt so bad for him. I know how attached we get to our furry family members.

Kathindc - That hydrangea was planted there by a previous tenant, who knows how long ago. It is up to my chest in height and as I said before, it blocks part of the sidewalk.

I am NOT a gardener. I have 3.5 houseplants that I have managed to keep alive for 7-8 years. My absolute favorite flower is a Lilac. My previous apt. has a white Lilac w/ a pink tinge. Absolutely gorgeous. The yard in front of my last apt. was totally weeded and neat & tidy. The new tenant has let it go to ruin since she moved in last August, plus she has stuff piled all over the yard, not to mention the poop from her dog. Her health isn't great, but she has a freeloader son who lives with her and he does absolutely nothing. Grrrr!

Now on a brighter note. I have a batch of brownies in the oven right now and the aroma is amazing.

Also, speaking of Lilacs, I found a new quilt pattern and the fabric used in it has gorgeous Lilacs all over it. I am nearly salivating over the quilt, however I already have enough fabric, so I am restraining myself for now.

Jaymeb - How are you doing today? I hope you have been able to get some sleep.

Blue - Your plan to get the things you want to done sounds like a good plan. A friend & were supposed to go to Portland today, but I was up numerous times last night and weakness/pain in my right leg has been really limiting me.

Mar 1, 2018 12:29AM Wren44 wrote:

I think you could hack a hydrangea back to the ground and it would come back. For sure, if the woman doesn't want it, whack it back to the edge of the sidewalk. I remember reading an article about forsythia. The writer is a pruning expert with an organization called Plant Amnesty, which tries to keep people from pruning stupidly. Her conclusion was that forsythias are so strong just do it when your pruners are sharp.

I'm sorry to hear about the man's cat. A woman studying counseling started a Pet Loss Support Group at the shelter after losing a beloved dog. It meets once a week on a drop in basis. I was the facilitator one day and got to watch 2 grown men console each other about losing their elderly cats. Very sweet.

Mar 1, 2018 02:10AM Loveroflife wrote:

Awww

Mar 1, 2018 02:34AM Loveroflife wrote:

Junie, Sensi is trying to keep busy with work to help distract her from her sorrow. Poor thing.

Peppy said she might drop in to say hi.

Ms. Smaarty is around. Hah!

Mar 1, 2018 09:57AM queenmomcat wrote:

Lover: (amused) Thank you for relaying the message.

Sassy: my sympathies. How old is the computer? (It was your sister who bought the new one, right?)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Mar 1, 2018 06:21PM magdalene51 wrote:

Sas, if you’re still lurking, I apologize for not calling. I overdid it and am paying the price. My lender needed our 2016 tax return, and DH had filed for an extension (actually 2) and had the poor taste to die right as it expired. Hmph. Once again leaving me to clean up his 💩. Cousin and I spent the weekend digging through paperwork and found everything except his w2. So I had to have his company get me a copy, and they were up to their eyeballs in payroll on Monday, which is when my appointment was to get them done. So I ended up having 4 appointments in 2 days, with a trip downtown to IRS to drop off the 2016 returns and have them stamp my copy as received for my lender. But the good thing is that i got 2016 and 2017 done and will be getting a substantial refund, which will come in handy as closing day approaches.

So that was Monday and Tuesday, then Wednesday we had inspections on the new house; my sister went with me and we took my chair so I wouldn’t need to walk (and with stained concrete throughout, so easy to get around!) and of course Rose went along. DS took her outside and around the perimeter so she could mark it as her own - she seemed to know! Well it was her third visit so she may be getting the idea.

After all that I’ve been feeling kind of puny, and my lungs are kinda rattly so i’ve taken some Mucinex just in case I’m trying to come down with a URI, which is my norm when I get worn out. It didn’t help that for 3 days I talked more than I have all year! Talking just makes my lungs hurt. I can’t seem to make my other DS understand this, she texts me at 11pm and wants to call and talk. And I just can’t. Plus she’s deaf as a post so I either yell or she’s saying What? And I have to repeat myself. I lose patience.

My first bottle of CBD oil arrived today so we’ll see what that does.

If y’all promise not to drool I might post a short video of the new house. But you gotta promise. Remember it’s my dream house.

Love to all.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 6/30/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/10/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/12/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/18/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Mar 1, 2018 06:29PM Bluebird-DE wrote:

ack on computers. If this one died I don't know what I would do though. I'm using an ASUS laptop w a huge monitor and wireless keyboard hooked in. So the laptop is away and behind me, less rays exposure I suppose.

I understand Pizza Hut has read wings and the best in the area. Or Wings n Things in Plymouth. hmmm, will check it out. But really makes me disappointed in the privately owned establishments. Though the firecracker shrimp salad at one place is calling me now. I want something badly then get 3 bites and cannot eat more.

Bills figured out for month are done, bills for the 1st two weeks of month are done, menu for 2 weeks done, protocol outlined.

Got up at 11:20. I did not look at self in mirror all day. Brushed my hair while sitting on the toilet. This afternoon I look like the raccoon that was bopped in the eyes. What's up? Got 11 1/2 hrs sleep.

and crossposted for shats and giggles.....

Hubby got the "You are in denial, sir." speech this afternoon. I commented on the way home that I am so awesomely sick, I cannot believe I can be so sick for so long and how is it possible. He said, "When was the last time you took some colloidal silver?" deflated, I said what I said. And how could he think that would get me better from this. About 20 minutes later I had a thought and told him he is right, it could help. Since my protocol is about killing off cancer cells I could be having a heavy burden of bacteria and colloidal silver is good for bacteria smothering. He said nothing, kept driving. I said, "Well, aren't you going to do a parade or something? cuz I said you're right." He said, "When we get home I'm making my mark on the wall, that'll do." He is such a toad.

Mar 1, 2018 06:29PM - edited Mar 1, 2018 06:33PM by shepkitty

Related image

Sensi ~ I am so sorry...... Chance was your soul mate, as Marti was mine. To share such a strong bond and true unconditional love is a blessing. A Blessing that didn't last long enough. We lose part of our heart and soul when our best friend passes.

Chance will always be a part of you. When you meet again, he will have those pieces of your heart and soul, waiting to return to you. Being a Lab, those pieces will be soggy...... only because he has been holding them close so tight. 💗

(((hugs)) ~ Shep

Related image

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013 Stage IV mets to bones/spine, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 brain mets. Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty, 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017. DX 11/7/17 DCIS,Left, Ibrance 6/18

Mar 2, 2018 03:47AM PattyPeppermint wrote:

hello fellow insomniacs. You ladies must be taking s break on posting. Yesterday and today when looking for insomniacs on active thread and it’s been on page 4. Wow. Always used to be in first page. Where is everyone ???? Sleeping ??

Hootie hoo

To God be the glory! Live, laugh, love... Life is way too short. Dx 6/2013, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/5/2013 Bone Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/1/2015 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 7/1/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Mar 2, 2018 04:01AM Beatmon wrote:

I guess it’s just you and me, Patty.

I took the tour of Mags new home. It is glorious.

Mags, my mother in law hums alllllllllll of the time. She must have another form of what you have.

Funny for me, I can hear songs in my mind...but when I sing I swear the dogs in the neighborhood howl

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/8/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/30/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/30/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/26/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/26/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/26/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 2, 2018 04:39AM Bluebird-DE wrote:

I'm here, I was scrolling back pages trying to find out what happened to Sensi's pet. Nada.

Sensi - I hear of your loss and send hugs and love.

Beatmom - Danny Boy does not like the sound of my new voice. I use to sing blues and he stayed in the room at least.

Mar 2, 2018 04:39AM Bluebird-DE wrote:

crossposting.....

I haven't been doing very well physically for a long time. This last month is worsening.

I feel like everyone in my inner circle has stepped back for their own reasons. I know they will come forward again as they get a grip on what they realize is happening.

DS - that I am not doing enough through western medicine to get well. That I should not be spending time on my funeral stuff and organizing accounts. Though believe it, attorney stuff and doctor stuff took my time this month, that and being so sick.

DD - even after she asks how I am and I tell her as clearly as I can she writes in chat that she still doesn't understand how I am and what my condition is. And I wrote, really rough and on a fine line between palliative / hospice at this point but doing the best I can to get well. She has not comented further for two days.

Friend - When I was railing at the wind a few days ago about how I keep hitting the wall on answers and getting help she said.... I really don't want you to get upset with me but I really believe if you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour this would all turn around. (I don't want to get into beliefs with anyone, please, or what I am as far as saved or not, it's personal.) But I was really stung that in her mind I was being blackmailed by her higher power. That is the only way I can understand and though I know she meant well, it just stung.

SIL - she is not really my support system but could be. She sits back and says God healed her (though she did all the chemo and mastectomy and radiation they would throw at her) and that is the way it is. So that means in her minds eye that God is choosing not to heal me, I guess. I haven't asked - I don't believe in special favours. But that is my belief.

Hubby - He keeps saying he believe I can still beat this. As he watches me clinging to the side of the cliff. That is a lot of pressure.

Tonight on Scandal the opening moral to the story was "What do people fail to do when they are in crisis?" "Realize they are in crisis."

Mar 3, 2018 12:04AM - edited Mar 3, 2018 12:34AM by JunieB

Mags - Beatmom posted that she had taken a tour of your new home. Did you post a link or am I missing something? I am glad you got your taxes and other paperwork organized and done. How soon before you move into your home?

Blue - I have a silly question for you. When you had your pet skunks, were they de-scented, and if so, did they still have a skunky odor? I ask only because I was talking yesterday with a woman whose dog got sprayed by a skunk in their backyard for the umpteenth time, and my question about a skunks odor after de-scenting is done. I did not know the answer.

I read your post about the people around you who just don't get it. I have to wonder if it is that they just can't face the prospect of losing you. I'm not sure what is more difficult, well meaning, but unhelpful individuals or not having anyone close who cares enough to make the effort. I am not being facetious at all. Just wondering.

SAS - I hope you get your computer up and running soon.

Seni - If you are lurking: I am so sorry for the lose of your sweet Chance!

The loss is immeasureable... Sympathy Card

Page 1458 of 1,498 (44,923 results)