We are 216,377 members in 81 forums discussing 153,650 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around breast cancer fears, diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1470 of 1,498 (44,927 results)

Posts 44071 - 44100 (44,927 total)

Apr 28, 2018 04:26AM kathindc wrote:

Hi jaymeb, no updates on Patty. She's gone quiet, which always concerns me when it is for any length of time. Someone was going to text her but no word back yet.

We had two male cats when DD1, who was still living at home, got a male kitten. She kept him in her room for fear of hissy fits between the three as the two older ones initially did that "who has dared entered our territory" around Gizmo. We had just had plumbing work done so he could get in the wall and peek down at us. I was worried that he would venture further into the wall and we would need to knock out more of it. So I had her bring me Gizmo and was petting him. When our other two, Milo and Chloe (ok, not even the vet could figure out his sex when he was small hence the name) came up I would rub Gizmo's scent on them and then I rub him with their scent. Did this for a few minutes cross scenting them. When I put Gizmo down, they sniffed each other and got along very well. It worked well for us introducing them that way.

Apr 28, 2018 11:45AM magdalene51 wrote:

Hi Owlies, I am here! Still recuperating, still trying to put the house together, this weekend is the estate sale and I’m nowhere near it thankfully. Things got so messed up with me being in the hospital and stuff getting moved that shouldn’t have. I know I should have stopped the process but I was a bit distracted at the time. But DC and I went over to the old house after Thursday’s chemo, and we’re pretty sure we had everything we really wanted or needed. Haven’t heard how the sale is going, but the weather is really nice and that’s usually good for these events. The next project is getting that house ready to sell. DH neglected maintenance the last couple of years, and I have a realtor whose hubby is a contractor which has been nice in some ways as he’s been really helpful around here, installing my shower bars as instructed by OT home health, and some other fixes we needed. There’s always something. The catch is that the realtor and her hubby want to basically remodel and update the other house, and the initial estimate was $30-40k, which would probably consume my entire equity in the house and probably not get any additional profit to boot. I’m going to put my foot down about it and stop it at necessary repairs and maybe replacing bathroom fixtures that have deteriorated. We put in a brand new HVAC unit last year, the roof is good, etc. I’ve gotten a bid on one of the outside projects that has to happen - the backyard is partly mud, because someone sodded a shady area with bermuda instead of fescue and it died.

The details are not helping my health at all, and I have to pay 2 mortgages in a couple of days. Ouch.

And DC had an MRI on her achy knee yesterday and they found a meniscus tear. She is adamant about not being able to take the time off to have surgery and recover, she can’t be out of commission, she just can’t! (Her words) I’m not exactly sure why, or what disaster she imagines will befall her - or us.

Son is on the phone.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 6/30/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/11/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/13/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Apr 28, 2018 01:30PM Wren44 wrote:

Jaymeb, Here's a couple of photos. The record holder for length was 48" long and they can weigh up to 38 lbs. That's the extreme. Most are around 18 lbs.

That's not the recommended way to hold a cat BTW. They're loving and playful.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Apr 28, 2018 01:40PM Loveroflife wrote:

Mag! No more cardiac event, I hope. Just in case Ms. Sassy forgot to tell you.....make sure you mark the expiration date (6 months after opening) on the NTG bottle and keep those TNT in the original amber glass bottle....no they won’t explode, but just lose their potency.

Kath, I am sorry DH has the stubborn male gene. Very frustrating for you. How is his kidneys’ function? Thank goodness you have back up drivers to pick up your weary travelers who are probably jet-lagging now. I am sure you will enjoy your time with them. Thank you for praying for DD1. Two days after the ER visit, she fainted in the bathroom and hit her head on the tile floor ( and possibly the wall or the towel hanger on the way down. She woke up that morning with stomach pain and went to use the restroom. Couldn’t go so stood up, went to wash her hands, and that was all she could remember. I heard a thump and thought Mitzy was up to no good. Went out of my bedroom to check and found her on the flat on the floor. Scared the living daylights out of me because I thought she was gone. Lips were pale and no response from her for a few seconds while her eyes were wide open. She was confused and disoriented when I finally got her to move. She then complained that her stomach hurts and needed to use the restroom( I am thinking possibly over active vagus nerve just like her dad). I helped her to the toilet and the whole time she was so weak and couldn’t hold herself up. I think she fainted again on the toilet. She now has a concussion and has not been able to process new informations. Per doctor’s order she has to rest both physically and mentally. No phone, TV, or reading. She was so bored that she followed me around even while I was cleaning the house just to chat. Hah! Very frustrating for her because she has to keep up with her anatomy and physiology class. Reasoning somehow is not affected. She can wing the other three classes. She is feeling better today and will try to catch up with A and P notes. Will see what happens. Weirdest thing is that the only thing that came back off from her ER blood work was her CO2 and ANC/WBC. No infections. Her PCP ordered a echocardiogram and Holter monitor.

JNC- you didn’t get the cat! You softie you!

Junieb, fingers crossed for surgery.

Got to go. DD2 swim event is coming up.

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Apr 28, 2018 03:35PM feelingfeline wrote:

Kath best wishes for DH's health.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Apr 28, 2018 05:15PM swg wrote:

Hi! I'm new here. SAS recommended I come hang out with y'all, so hello!

Just had my implant exchange surgery yesterday. It went well. I've been very impressed with Einstein here in Philly. They did my mastectomy, too. Dr. Zavitsanos (I call him Dr. Z) is my plastic surgeon. He's great!!!

I'm in a little pain, but it's honestly not too bad. I feel good enough that I have to remind myself to take it easy.

Nice to meet you all!

Dx 9/11/17. IDC grade 2, stage 1. 1.2cm. in right breast. ER+/PR+, HER2- 2nd tumor in right breast found 10/22/17. Dx 9/11/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 10/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/28/2017 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Apr 28, 2018 09:23PM Wren44 wrote:

Welcome swg. The more the merrier. I'm glad you're feeling well but DO NOT OVERDUE We all did it and were sorry.

Loverly, What happened to your DD sounds like what happened with my DH. He had a heart monitor for a month and nothing was found. I have the overactive vagus nerve and have learned not to get up when nauseated. I keep a discrete bucket by my bed but haven't needed to use it. Is her concussion from the fall? When DH fell, it was into the shower curtain which helped break it but he hit his head enough that it bled a lot. We've never really discovered what was going on.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Apr 29, 2018 02:13AM JunieB wrote:

Loverly - That is so scary! I hope DD1 will be feeling better soon. I hope DD2's swim meet went well too.

swg - Welcome. Good to hear that your pain is manageable.

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Apr 29, 2018 03:24AM feelingfeline wrote:

swg welcom and best wishes with your healing. Wren is right. Time to do TLC not superwoman. Look after yourself.

Loverly how is DD?

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Apr 29, 2018 10:58AM - edited Apr 29, 2018 11:34AM by sas-schatzi

LOVERLY, OMD, poor DD! Wow, definitely in the vagal. realm. Some insurances require the holter monitor before the 30 day monitor. But as Wren pointed out even then an event may not be caught. just b/c an event doesn't happened during the 24 hr or 30 day test doesn't mean that it's not the vagus innervation.

Since it sounds like a number of folks have had experience with vagal events currently or by history. I would suggest in a fall like Loverly's DD!, if you are comfortable that there are no fractures, put the legs at 45-60 angle above the heart. That increases the blood return to the heart. The mechanism is Frank-Starling. It should be understood by the person, family, and roommates of the person that has over active vagus. Frank Starling--increased blood return stretches the cardiac muscle fibers, they contract more forcefully, It's a kick start for the heart. It's a whole system response to overcome the vagal signal. You could read chapters on the subject, but that is a very simple easy description. The long descriptions would be in the A& P of autonomic nervous system and and Cardiac vascular.A&P.

Avoidance of constipation is important as that may stimulate the vagus at the anus and cause syncope.Conversely, diarrhea that is explosive can also stimulate the vagus.

This is going to sound dumb, If something is known to cause a vagal response for that indiviual, avoid it.

Once ABC's are checked, decisions need to be made rapidly,

1.Activating EMS. In first time occurrences, I 'm of the mind that it should be done. The tough decision is when it's an established history of when EMS is activated.

2. Stabilizing the neck with towel rolls on either side and keeping the patient/ victim still until ems arrives, Legs up at 45-60 degrees.

3 if things are under control, vital signs can be very helpful The most important is to feel for the pulse. In a vagal event, the pulse maybe very weak and very slow. That would be very important info to help the doc key in on cause. What can happen in syncopal episode due to over stimulation of the vagus is: the mere act of falling so the patient is horizonal i.e flat can cause enough of a blood return to the heart that the heart is kick started. When that happens the heart rate/pulse increases. So, don't be surprised that by the time you get to the pulse it's normal.

Now what I'm going to write now may seem logical, and it is once you understand how Frank Starling and kick starting the heart works. When you or someone feels faint get them flat---now. Don't take time to get them to a bed. If it's you, practice sliding down a wall. Us oldsters need to practice b/c of knees and hip stuff.

This does two things:

1. Avoids the fall in an uncontrolled way. In the case of being on the commode. Learn to get to the floor without standing up.

2. Allows the Frank Starling mechanism to do it's magic in getting the heart and system kick started.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 29, 2018 11:31AM sas-schatzi wrote:

He swg, glad you are here, Glad the surgery went well. Not easy.

Wren, interesting on the fatty liver with too fast of weight loss. Is it known why that happens? Anything comparable in humans?

Apr 30, 2018 12:44AM - edited Apr 30, 2018 12:45AM by JunieB

Poor Kirby was bored to pieces and looking so sad as he snoozed on the couch today, so I took him for a walk. I am paying for it now, but glad my boy got some mental stimulation and exercise. The Lilacs are in bloom and my favorite flower. I took the following pic to save the image since the blossoms only last a couple weeks. I wish I could share the aroma. Hmmm! Ahhh!

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/22/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Apr 30, 2018 07:39AM feelingfeline wrote:

Beautiful.

Apr 30, 2018 12:48PM Loveroflife wrote:

Welcome Swg! Yes, the more the merrier ;0) Best wishes on your healing.

Ms. Sas, thank you!

Hug

I completely forgot about the Frank-Starling.

Junie, lovely flowers. I am jealous. DD2 did do well at the meet. She qualifies for 3 individual events (200 free, 100 breast stroke, and 500 free) for Section, but can only swims two max. She is hoping her coach will not put her in 500 free.

Feline, DD is better. She went to work yesterday. Came back looking a bit exhausted. Her cognitive function seems to improve with each day. Loud noises still bothers her though. Thank you for asking

Hug

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/16/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/12/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Apr 30, 2018 05:09PM feelingfeline wrote:

Gosh Lover she has had one rough dose but I am glad to hear she is improving and hope she will be back to full health soon. Heart

Apr 30, 2018 09:30PM kathindc wrote:

Lover, sounds like DD1 is rebounding. I chuckled at your comment about the 500 and DD2. As crazy as it may soundDS was always willing to do it!

May 1, 2018 11:52AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Swg where did you go? How are you doing?

Loverly How's DD1 doing? DD2 is doing very well with swimming YAY

I sent off a chair and a couch to the thrift and curb. Feeling less crowded. I put somethings on the couch to go to the thrift. As soon as I did it, Donnie packed them up and off it went. No chance to go through it again and pull stuff out. A bit of a mistake, but not a big one

May 1, 2018 12:02PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bluebird hasn't posted since March 31st and last login was April27th with no posting............Prayers please

May 1, 2018 02:20PM Capecodgirl wrote:

Sas- although I do not post a lot, I do read this forum a lot. I value everyone's input, and look forward to hearing from everyone. I have been concerned as well when Bluebird had not posted in a while. I did pm her the other day to let her know how much I enjoyed reading her short stories (I was checking her page the other day and see that her website is now down). I am keeping all BCO members and Bluebird in my prayers.

Brca2+ Dx 5/24/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/17/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 1, 2018 03:59PM - edited May 2, 2018 04:14PM by shepkitty

Feeling Blue :(

"Praying Bluebird" for our ever so missed Miss Blue ~ May she know we are all keeping her close in thought and prayer 💗

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013 Stage IV mets to bones/spine, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 brain mets. Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty, 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017. DX 11/7/17 DCIS,Left, Ibrance 6/18

May 1, 2018 10:24PM JunieB wrote:

Shep - Sorry your feeling down. :0(

May 1, 2018 10:28PM JunieB wrote:

Just wishing you all a wonderful May Day!

Image result for Happy May Day images

May 2, 2018 02:52AM feelingfeline wrote:

Waving hello Shep. XXX

May 2, 2018 05:34PM shepkitty wrote:

Awwwww.....Biggest (((HUGS))) to Dear Feline and Dear Junie 🤗

The pic I posted was in response to our new-seen Sister, Capecodgirl who came out of lurking to inquire about or beloved Miss Blue. I should have included the title of the print; "Praying Bluebird" ......I'll add it now.

Done!

Capecodgirl ~ Hello! Now that you've peeked in, don't be a stranger. You obviously are awesomely cool as you have a Jeep, a REAL woman's vehicle. (sorry ladies, it's a Jeep thing) I'm guessing it's a Wrangler, not a CJ. Lovely tires. Year? Is it stock or have you done any add ons? I had originally had a totally stock '87 YJ Wrangler. My FFH who is also a DA (dumb arse) started off being helpful with doing a few mods. He went nutso and swapped the manual tranny to an auto (duh!) and then kept going. He kept lifting it higher and higher - I'm five feet tall! - until the thing was scary to drive.....tippy and wonky steering over 15 mph. I can't off hand remember the tire height but the side steps came up to my shoulder! Grrrrr.....

We sold the Wrangler (for a nice profit) and bought MY - no FFH allowed! - lovely '88 Grand Wagoneer. It's mostly stockish. Best off road mudder ever! I did have rear lockers until the rear axle snapped and had to be replaced. (sigh) How I miss the sound of 'em ticking as I slowly cruised into the 'hood. I haven't been joy riding since one of the hurricanes a few years ago - with my dear MIL shrieking with delight! She is a baaaad influence and I do so cherish her. 😋

I have stupid mets in my important bones so no driving for a while......

Here's my two lovies - the Wag and my DS when he was 11, My boy is 23 now, eek!

Ooooops.....three lovelies I wish were mine - so Supernatural 😇💋

My Wag last summer being degraded by towing not so dear son 1's boat..........

Sorry for Jeep stuffs Ladies.

BBL with pics of my BFF's Maine Coon Cat oddly named Tiny Mighty Little.

💕💕💕

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013 Stage IV mets to bones/spine, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 brain mets. Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty, 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017. DX 11/7/17 DCIS,Left, Ibrance 6/18

May 3, 2018 03:41PM feelingfeline wrote:

Nerdy Lovely DS

May 4, 2018 01:15AM TaRenee wrote:

Love, Love, LOVE the Jeep. I want one so much! Someday. Sigh.

So the daggum night sweats are keeping me up now. I got to sleep and was sleeping really good. Then.... WHAMO. Sweaty. Gross. HotMess. So I’m up cooling down.

Dx 7/29/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/26/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 3/29/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 4, 2018 09:37AM - edited May 4, 2018 09:44AM by sas-schatzi

TaRe, Sorry on the night sweats. Many will have suggestions. Some of mine are. 1. fan for air cooling 2. cool pillow and/ or mattress topper--it's a commercial thing. Local pharmacy may have them. 3. cool shower with air dry 3. use top sheets on bed versus fitted. Keep replacement sheets close.You can whip off sheet if it's wet and replace rapidly. same with pillow case. I used to keep them in a basket by the bed.

Docs may suggest Effexor. a SSRI. (serotonin), very mixed research results. Problem is it's got it's own problems. Consider very carefully whether or not you want to add another drug to the mix of what you are taking. All drugs have consequences.

There's an old forum on Hot Flashes. I was active on the first 30 pages or so. We did some intensive work in those days. I didn't much keep up with it after that. I think it went on for another 30-40 pages. Many talked of what they did to manage the sweats. You will also see that the use of Effexor was much discussed. Because of the difficulties so many had with the drug and discontinuation withdrawal effects/affects, I became very wary of the drug.

I will try to locate the link and bring it back. Check back here for the link.

Found it. It has been inactive for quite sometime. It's worth a read from the beginning. So many have offered their experiences. Lots of pearls.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topics...

May 5, 2018 08:42AM Capecodgirl wrote:

Hi Shepkitty and thanks for the welcome! Love the pics- ds is so handsome, and love the jeeps. The jeep in my profile pic is not mine....yet. It is a 1990 Wrangler YJ- slight lift- 5speed and 4.2 litre. It belongs to a friend, but we are thinking about buying it. I drove it around yesterday after not having driven a standard in about 20 years. It took a little bit of time for it to come back to me (there was a little stalling going on), but I am getting the hang of it again. It really is a fun car! I am sorry that you are not able to enjoy driving the wagoneer. Hoping for better days and that you will be in the drivers seat soon.

I know what you mean by where does the time go. My son is 27 and getting married today! How did I get so old?

Brca2+ Dx 5/24/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/17/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 5, 2018 11:47AM Wren44 wrote:

I have never seen a garage that clean. The jeep looks like a lot of fun.

May 5, 2018 12:38PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Page 1470 of 1,498 (44,927 results)