We are 214,157 members in 82 forums discussing 152,651 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around breast cancer fears, diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1479 of 1,497 (44,890 results)

Posts 44341 - 44370 (44,890 total)

Jun 27, 2018 08:51PM kathindc wrote:

Oh I get that feeling when I walk Williamsburg. It just draws me in, like I can envision it back in the day. Being an east coast gal, I found the landscape in Colorado and Wyoming overpowering when you think how long it took the mountains to get to the height they are and gorges/canyons to be cut. And knowing you are on a caldera in Yellowstone and the destruction that took place the last time it went off leaves me speechless. That trip had such a calming effect on me.

Junie and Shep think of the two of you often. Hope all is coming along for you.

Jaymeb, you asked about Patty. She was in the hospital but is now home. Hospice is managing her pain meds. Here is a link to her thread so you can check in on her. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/834945?page=109#idx_3251

Been busy since family went back to Japan. Taking hubby to the doctors and tests and a couple of appointments for me thrown in there. Had to have our roof recoated and the bathroom skylight fixed as a pane of glass slipped out. Luckily, it didn't break. Painting the outside done, inside have a couple of rooms to do as I know the color I want. The rest will have to wait until I can make that decision since I will have to live with it for a while. Next project will be to get the rest of my photos in order so my kids won't go "who the heck are those people" when it comes to the past ancestors and work some more on family genealogy.

Egads, I love your sense of humor. You are a natural!

Sas, glad you are thrifting again. It's been awhile hasn't it? You get such good finds.

Lover has been quiet. Is she ok?

David Baldacci's new book is calling so I'll say night, night ladies and good morning feline.

Jun 27, 2018 10:17PM - edited Jun 27, 2018 10:42PM by sas-schatzi

Hi Kathy, not so much non thritfing as not finding something---rare-----I think I have found something with this candle holder that is rare. Spent hours today. The base goes back may be several hundred years. But the handled doesn't. A puzzle. I just love this little piece. Worked on it many hours. It has perfect hand balance for someone walking through the night. All five fingers are engaged. It's a holding of the handle. What's unique is that it supports the whole hand.. five fingers and hand

I looked at hundreds of candle thingy's today........ nothing supported this candle. I'm sure,,I have something very old.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jun 27, 2018 10:25PM - edited Jun 27, 2018 10:32PM by sas-schatzi

Mrs. Peacock in the Library with the Candlestick

Jun 28, 2018 02:59AM Beatmon wrote:

I’m so very sorry to read of Diane’s death. Never forgotten

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jun 28, 2018 03:23AM feelingfeline wrote:

Amen.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 28, 2018 03:36AM - edited Jun 28, 2018 03:37AM by M0mmyof2

Got another blasted heat wave coming! Going to be 90 or worse right into the 4th. Yuck!!!!!!!!! Woke up to thunderstorms this morning which upset poor Jackson!

On a happier note, I only have two treatments left before I get a break

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Jun 28, 2018 03:14PM - edited Jun 28, 2018 03:15PM by Egads007

Kath - Williamsburg is near and dear to my heart too! Glad I made you chuckle. :)

Sas - I hope you weren't planing on 'offing' someone with that candlestick holder!! I don't care what kind of grip it has....stay away from Ms. Peacock AND the library! We can't afford your bail! Btw..how did shopping and eating go today? Did you tow the line or am I gonna have to track down a holder of my own? ;)))))

Mommy - yay to 2 treatments left! Send the heat up here...I'm damp and cold! Can't tell you how jealous I am of some temps I'm reading thru the threads!

"I base all my fashion choices on what doesn't itch" (Gilda Radner) Chemotherapy 3/20/2013 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/23/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2013 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 28, 2018 03:41PM Wren44 wrote:

Egads, Know what you mean. Bring on the 70's F. It's summer, already. 62 here right now.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Jun 28, 2018 03:53PM - edited Jun 28, 2018 03:54PM by Egads007

Wrenn, 57 here, feeling like 53......I just looked up the temp in Fort Yukon...60!! How does that make sense on June 28th??? Arrrg....please Santa, I've been good, send summer, or at least some coal in the stocking. Could burn it to keep warm

"I base all my fashion choices on what doesn't itch" (Gilda Radner) Chemotherapy 3/20/2013 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/23/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2013 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 28, 2018 04:56PM kathindc wrote:

85 at 7:45 pm here in DC. I'll trade you! Humidity isn't too bad right now but that will come, ugh.

Jun 28, 2018 09:25PM JunieB wrote:

Kathindc - What is the title of David Baldacci's newest book? I love his writing.

Ok, after waiting for 21 days to get the appt. for a PET scan, today I got up at 7:00 a.m. to get ready to take the train to the hospital in Portland (55 miles). I get to the hospital at 12:00 p.m. (2 hours early) and go to check in. The receptionist then asks have I fasted for at least 6 hours. I say NO, was I supposed to? No one from your hospital/dept. communicated this to me. Receptionist says, "sorry but we are going to have to cancel your appt." I'll just say I was/am seriously ticked off. Then after I left the Radiation Dept. my phone rings and they let me know that unless I have someone with me next time to watch Kirby in the lobby while I have my scan I can't bring him either. Again something else they failed to inform me of. I then spent the next 4 hours waiting for my friend to get off of work so I could ride home with her.

This whole fiasco has now caused me to have to cancel my appt. next Monday with my MO because there won't be any scan results, plus it will delay any treatment I will get by at least 2 - 3 weeks. In the mean time I sit and worry what my BC is doing in my body. I did stop by the Patient Relations Office, but doubt anything will come of it. Such a waste of time, money, etc. for nothing.

The PET scan is now rescheduled for July 10th.

Egads & Wren - It was 75 degrees here today and overcast with some sun today.

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/21/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 29, 2018 03:52AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

And so the heat wave begins today! Made sure there is an ample supply of ice for the pets for today, so far. Going to keep 2 trays going at all times. As for me, I am not doing much, going to stay as cool as possible!

Jun 29, 2018 04:43AM feelingfeline wrote:

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 29, 2018 06:14AM Egads007 wrote:

Junie - That utterly sucks!! Bad enough you’re wading thru the slings and arrows of stress, you didn’t need this added to it! Glad you advocated with patients relations...keep calling, squeeky wheel and all. Crossing my fingers they move this along faster. Try for a calm and peaceful weekend...rest up, you must be exhausted!! Big huggers!

Feline - love the pic! Still not warm here but soon changing, woot

Jun 29, 2018 06:55AM kathindc wrote:

Junie, the newest book is The Fallen. It’s the latest in the Amos Decker series. I’m with you, love his writing. In November, he has a new series starting. The title for that one is The Road to Mercy. i miss the Camel Club series. Once I start one of his books, I find it hard to put down. That is absolutely inexcusable what radiology did to you. I’m fuming for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. How is Kirby doing

Jun 29, 2018 08:02AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

So far it hasn't gotten unbearably hot yet to the point where I need the a.c. but by this afternoon it will be on!

Jun 29, 2018 10:00AM - edited Jun 29, 2018 10:01AM by JunieB

Kathindc - I was so sad when "The Camel Club" series ended. I also really liked the ones with Will Robie. I have not read but one of the Amos Decker books yet. I'll keep a look out for his new series in November. Our local library will have them.

Kirby is doing great. He'll be 2 already in October. Hard to believe.

Egads - I did ask to be put on their cancellation list, but with the commute from here, etc. it would be difficult to pull off on short notice. The local hospital has a PET scanner, but their radiologists are useless and I refuse to go there. The hospital in Portland is a teaching hospital and has all of the hi-tech machines that smaller communities can't afford. Plus, their radiologists seem much more on top of things and more detailed when diagnosing.

Ok, I am off to get ready to go volunteer today. Have a good day to all and hopfully no one melts away.

Surgery 7/28/1991 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 7/30/1991, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, 0/25 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 8/28/2014, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/21/2014 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 1, 2018 03:14AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Jul 1, 2018 08:50PM magdalene51 wrote:

I keep promising Sas I will post and by the time I’m caught up I’m too tired. Just got off the phone - we just start telling life stories and we both have a lot of them!

Jay, no worries about invading my privacy. This group can probably tell you I’m more likely to over share than under share. Ask anything. I’m an open book.

But it would probably take a whole page to update y’all on what’s been going on in my life. Ok, let’s start with a picture. You know I love my new house. I just wanted a peaceful place to die. And I have it. Here is what I wake up to in the morning. It’s my sanctuary. An inner sanctum.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/1/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/11/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/13/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Jul 1, 2018 08:53PM magdalene51 wrote:

And here’s what Olivia is up to lately:

I promise, I will post again soon! But right now it’s bedtime. Nini Owlettes.

Mags 1 Th 5:18 NIV “…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/1/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/15/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy 4/11/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 7/14/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 11/14/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 4/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/16/2016 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 3/13/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 4/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Jul 1, 2018 08:59PM Wren44 wrote:

Your room looks very peaceful. I love Olivia.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Jul 1, 2018 11:15PM TaRenee wrote:

Nothing like an asthma attack in the middle of the night to wake you up! I’m HOT so I turned on my fan. I know better than to sleep with it on but it felt so good. And voila, asthma attack at 2:09 am. Now I’m on an inhaler high, full on case of the shakes (at least that it what it feels like. I’m not actually shaking)

I love the inner sanctum Mags. It looks very comfy! How do cats balance on things like that. My Merlin does the same thing.

Dx 7/29/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/26/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 3/29/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 1, 2018 11:50PM - edited Jul 2, 2018 12:31AM by Loveroflife

Who was complaining about the heat? Hah!

DD2 had swim competition this past and previous weekend. It was wicked hot! 106 F on SaturdaySickTired Feel bad for those who have to make a living outdoors.

JNC, DD is doing ok. Echocardiogram was normal and the Holter monitor picked up two increased heart rate. One was when she was working out and the other while she was coaching the kids. Not significant I guess. Still no answer as to why she had the event that scared the living day lights out of her mom.

Kath, I was just taking a break :) Life can be exhausting with all the worries. I wasn't feeling myself. No energy. Dizziness. Pin and needles in my muscles and bones. Sinus pain. Just yucky feeling all around. Doc thought I had Mononucleosis. Blood test showed no active Mono, just past exposure. Feeling almost myself now. How is DH? How are you? Mine is upset at me at the moment. He is sleeping in the guest room. Oh well.

Mags!! Lol at Olivia.

Ms. Sas, love the wedding dress. Classic.

Egads, I fell off the wagon in Las Vagas :( Just like Eeyore, I can't do without rice or noodles. I am cutting back on them by half though. Hard to change culture. I did try the breakfast muffin recipe. Delicious. Even better the next day. Wait...you are eating crickets now? Now that is primitive. A true cav woman.

Queenie, no jury duty for me either.

Junie, I feel for you.

Shep, wake up!!

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/15/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/11/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Jul 1, 2018 11:53PM Loveroflife wrote:

Oh Tarenee, just saw your post. Hate that rapid heart beat feeling from inhaler. You don’t have a spacer?

My grace is sufficient for you, My strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9. Dx 8/25/2014, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 9/15/2014 Mastectomy: Left Dx 10/13/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/11/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant

Jul 1, 2018 11:55PM princessfluffybritches wrote:

Hi.  I'm a fellow insomniac or Owlette.  I blame it on working nights for a total of 12 years before I retired from nursing.

I used to try to hide me sleeping til about 11 am.  But then I thought it's not like I'm sleeping 12 hours!  It's like I can only get to sleep around 3.  I tell my mother, "Mom, don't call in the morning and ask why I didn't answer".  But she still does.  

Sorry the world does not revolve around Your schedule , it revolves around mine.  I could clean house at 10pm.  I baked cookies last night at 1 am.  They were awful. Tomorrow I'm carb free for my PET scan . (my first).

I am depressed, I cry, I say I'm not ready to die yet.  Who's going to take care of my chickens?  I have a new truck.  I started planting veggies and flowers.  I need my house painted.  I just paid someone last week to clean up my yard!  I'm just not ready to say good bye.  My truck only has 4,000 miles on it!

To top it all off, I have to go buy sweat pants tomorrow because I have NO pants without zippers, and I have NO long sleeve shirts either.  I don't even own a wireless bra.  I guess I'll be at Walmart tomorrow because I have my first PET scan on Tuesday.  

I'm glad someone's awake at this hour!

Surgery 7/13/2018 Targeted Therapy 7/14/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/14/2018 Femara (letrozole) Dx 7/21/2018, ILC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 2, 2018 12:15AM JunieB wrote:

princessfluffy - I am having my first PET scan on July 10th. I hope yours goes well.

Jul 2, 2018 12:16AM sas-schatzi wrote:

princess welcome ....on kindle ....computer broken

..many here will welcome you..... sorry about diagnosis sorry about all the trouble.... sorry I cannot be more coherent the machine is not cooperative

Jul 2, 2018 12:17AM sas-schatzi wrote:

LOVERLY?????

Jul 2, 2018 12:32AM - edited Jul 2, 2018 12:32AM by Loveroflife

Huh???

Jul 2, 2018 12:34AM Loveroflife wrote:

Pricessfluffy, welcome. But sorry you are here. Best wishes on Tuesday.

Page 1479 of 1,497 (44,890 results)