We are 225,785 members in 82 forums discussing 158,451 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Emotional Crises: Anxiety, Depression & Other Emotional Effects —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around breast cancer fears, diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 12:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 03:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1501 of 1,501 (45,015 results)

Posts 45001 - 45015 (45,015 total)

Oct 6, 2019 01:19AM Jack-Bear wrote:

Is it the wee hours of the night & someone is awake?
HeartMusic

Oct 6, 2019 01:55AM - edited Oct 6, 2019 05:37AM by Jack-Bear

This Post was deleted by Jack-Bear.
HeartMusic

Oct 6, 2019 06:09AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

It’s early morning here on the East Coas

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Oct 6, 2019 06:47AM Jack-Bear wrote:

It is 1:45AM here in HI
HeartMusic

Oct 6, 2019 06:57AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

about 8 a.m. here in Conn

Oct 6, 2019 06:58AM Jack-Bear wrote:

I think it is time to stop trying to decide if I should waste my breathe trying to explain what I feel in my breast to any medical person. It is a waste to worry.
HeartMusic

Oct 7, 2019 04:30AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

No. I would let them know how you feel.

Oct 7, 2019 09:00AM kathindc wrote:

Jack-Bear, you need to find someone who will listen! Don’t let them brush you off. You know your body waaaayyyy more than they do and you listen to what it tells you.

Oct 7, 2019 12:36PM Jack-Bear wrote:

Thank you, M0mmy & Kath.

I will try with my new Female PA@ Gyn office. I will call the Mainland & ask for my older Mammogram results to be sent here. I've only been in Hawaii 4.5 years, so as you guessed, there are lots they don't have.

Thanks for the support, NancyB
HeartMusic

Oct 12, 2019 11:37AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

You are very welcome! You are not wrong in any way for wanting to make your doctor aware of how you feel. I have had to do this and it feels good to do so.

This weekend didn’t get off to a good start. Hubby is sick with a cold. He got it from people at work who are sick.

Nov 25, 2019 09:22AM - edited Nov 25, 2019 09:28AM by M0mmyof2

Turkey Day prep is underway. Got the turkey breast de-thawing in fridge.

Nov 27, 2019 04:10AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Nov 27, 2019 04:27PM JWoo wrote:

wishing y'all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

effitall

Nov 28, 2019 11:27AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Jan 13, 2020 06:04PM Mominator wrote:

Wow, this thread got quiet.

Does anyone know why sas-schatzi isn't posting anymore?

She was last seen and last posted Apr 6, 2019.

Is sassy OK?

Mominator

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer. My Mom dx DCIS age 62, ILC stage IIIA age 79; Mom just passed 2/28/18. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/10/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 6/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Page 1501 of 1,501 (45,015 results)