Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 10:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 01:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1501 of 1,501 (45,026 results)

Posts 45001 - 45026 (45,026 total)

Oct 5, 2019 11:19PM Jack-Bear wrote:

Is it the wee hours of the night & someone is awake?
HeartMusic

Oct 5, 2019 11:55PM - edited Oct 6, 2019 03:37AM by Jack-Bear

This Post was deleted by Jack-Bear.
HeartMusic

Oct 6, 2019 04:09AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

It’s early morning here on the East Coas

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Oct 6, 2019 04:47AM Jack-Bear wrote:

It is 1:45AM here in HI
HeartMusic

Oct 6, 2019 04:57AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

about 8 a.m. here in Conn

Oct 6, 2019 04:58AM Jack-Bear wrote:

I think it is time to stop trying to decide if I should waste my breathe trying to explain what I feel in my breast to any medical person. It is a waste to worry.
HeartMusic

Oct 7, 2019 02:30AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

No. I would let them know how you feel.

Oct 7, 2019 07:00AM kathindc wrote:

Jack-Bear, you need to find someone who will listen! Don’t let them brush you off. You know your body waaaayyyy more than they do and you listen to what it tells you.

Oct 7, 2019 10:36AM Jack-Bear wrote:

Thank you, M0mmy & Kath.

I will try with my new Female PA@ Gyn office. I will call the Mainland & ask for my older Mammogram results to be sent here. I've only been in Hawaii 4.5 years, so as you guessed, there are lots they don't have.

Thanks for the support, NancyB
HeartMusic

Oct 12, 2019 09:37AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

You are very welcome! You are not wrong in any way for wanting to make your doctor aware of how you feel. I have had to do this and it feels good to do so.

This weekend didn’t get off to a good start. Hubby is sick with a cold. He got it from people at work who are sick.

Nov 25, 2019 07:22AM - edited Nov 25, 2019 07:28AM by M0mmyof2

Turkey Day prep is underway. Got the turkey breast de-thawing in fridge.

Nov 27, 2019 02:10AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Nov 27, 2019 02:27PM JWoo wrote:

wishing y'all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

effitall

Nov 28, 2019 09:27AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Jan 13, 2020 04:04PM Mominator wrote:

Wow, this thread got quiet.

Does anyone know why sas-schatzi isn't posting anymore?

She was last seen and last posted Apr 6, 2019.

Is sassy OK?

Mominator

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS. My Mom dx DCIS age 62, ILC stage IIIA age 79; Mom passed 2/28/18. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer age 48. Friend to Lori M, passed 5/25/16. Surgery 11/10/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 6/29/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Jan 22, 2020 11:13AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Been quiet myself lately.

Here’s a bit of fun for us

Mar 16, 2020 04:29PM farmerlucy wrote:

Well this is my first post on this thread. Just looking to commune with my BC peeps. The anxiety over CV is really getting to me. Anyone else?

Dx at 51 after a preventive mx that wasn't. Oncotype dx 3. 3D tattoos from Vinnie! PTSD?? You are not alone! Surgery 2/20/2012 Prophylactic mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 2/24/2012, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/10/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 7/21/2012 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 4/9/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 4/13/2015 Prophylactic ovary removal

Mar 16, 2020 05:14PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Not panicking. Just going about my life. Hubby has to work from home because the college he works at is closed for who knows how long. Hoping by May he will be back at his normal routine.

Mar 16, 2020 05:39PM farmerlucy wrote:

I feel like it has already been through Oklahoma. Many of us have been unusually sick lately w covid 19 symptoms but testing is just now becoming available. My daughter, who turns 30 tomorrow, is an ER nurse. They had their first patient w CV a couple days ago. I’m mostly concerned about the economic fallout, especially for those service industry workers who may already be living paycheck to paycheck.

Dx at 51 after a preventive mx that wasn't. Oncotype dx 3. 3D tattoos from Vinnie! PTSD?? You are not alone! Surgery 2/20/2012 Prophylactic mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 2/24/2012, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/10/2012 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 7/21/2012 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 4/9/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 4/13/2015 Prophylactic ovary removal

Mar 16, 2020 07:43PM CeliaC wrote:

Hubby and I are both retired, so no problems with work. Bummer on both a mental & physical level is not being able to go to classes I have become to depend upon (Zumba, weekly sessions with personal trainer & treadmill at gym, Line Dancing, Silver Sneakers Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Meditation). All cancelled due to various closures. Economic fallout is a big concern - wish they could just suspend stock market trading. Daughter lives in NYC & had to quit her job as a server/food preparer on 3/8 due to paychecks bouncing. As a theatre grad & with the COVID situation, she stands little chance of finding work in the near future. Brother is an EMT & Sister-in-law is a PA, so concerns about them & all other healthcare workers, like farnerlucy's daughter. We are in N.KY & so far cases are pretty far away from us in KY, but Ohio (only 10 miles North) cases seem to be growing faster. Scary times. Everyone stay safe.

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/20/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/4/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 17, 2020 06:18AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

So far it looks like my hubby’s normal routine might get back on track well before May. Praying this is true, as I am going bats already. I’m so used to him being gone during the day and doing what needs to be done while he’s gone.

Mar 17, 2020 07:17AM farmerlucy wrote:

Well our town closed all dining rooms, gyms, theaters until April 6. This doesn’t disrupt my day much since I generally putter at our hobby farm by myself with my critters.

I’ve got a couple extra beagles this week. They were our fosters last summer and they’re back for Spring Break. They are darling little puppy mill mamas, dumped, who had terrible hernias and were heartworm positive. What was supposed to be a few day foster turned into several months because they had to clear the heartworms. They are great now. One has heart issues from the worms. They found a wonderful home together.

Mar 17, 2020 10:53AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

That one sticking its tongue out is cute!

Mar 18, 2020 08:00AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

This crisis going on has been making stir crazy with not being able to go out much since hubby has to work from home. My friends over at FB know how this is taking a toll on m so they have been posting stuff there to keep me sane and laughing!

Mar 18, 2020 08:11AM karen1956 wrote:

I'm on extended spring break (2 weeks early). As of now, we are supposed to go back on April 6th, but I'm guessing that will change.

Its great for me to have the extra time as my DH had quintuple bypass surgery on the 11th. He came home on Monday after a week in the hospital. He was admitted 2 days before surgery due to an unstable blood clot on the "widow maker" and 95% blockage on all the arteries. Cardiac immediately admitted Craig was admitted to the hospital and started on IV Heparin trip. The surgeon they cariologist was at a different hospital, so on the day before surgery they transferred him by ambulance to the other hospital on Tuesday afternoon. The unexpected school closure is giving me 3 weeks to be with DH. I was off all last week and had planned to take this week off. My oldest daughter was going to come in next week but with all the Covid-19 that has been cancelled. For now, we are happy to be hunkered down at home. He is allowed to go for walks outside with me. I'll also go to the grocery store as needed, but not making any extra trip. Lots of stuff I can do in the house. Doctors are really pleased with DH's progress, but he'll be off work for at least 4 - 6 weeks.

Everyone stay safe. Karen

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Mar 18, 2020 10:58AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Hubby’s college is closed for the rest of the semester! Please May hurry up and get here!

Page 1501 of 1,501 (45,026 results)