Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 01:45PM - edited Apr 2, 2018 04:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1502 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Jul 6, 2014 01:45AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Maddy not for what I receive it for. With thyroid cancer there is only remnant pieces and the thyroid bed. The majority was excreted in the first 4 days. But there's enough in those tissues to activate an alarm for 3 months.

Hyperthyroidism/Graves disease it as you are thinking.. Takes along time for it to be excreted. Think of the two problems as Apple's and oranges.

This sucks!. 

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 6, 2014 02:30AM susan3 wrote:

sas...so sorry you r going through this...and for to many days :;  hope you can get some comfortable sleep tonight :)

Blessings, take care of yourself and be careful.  Falling stinks, and it, as you know, can cause worse problems..hope your balance is better tomorrow..it is scary when you can't see the floor right. We take walking for granted, but it isn't easy when the floor is moving !!!!!!!   

Chevy, you are a good neighbor :).      When my mother in law had her brain cancer, the only way we got her out of the house was to tell her she had to come by us for the weekend so we could take care of her after she had a fall.  We kept her her and never let her go back. Italian too...100%...she never showed she was happy with us, very independent lady, but I knew she was.....I am sure she was mad she couldn't live alone, but not mad at us...just the circumstances .. Hope Steve does what's best for her.

Beautiful pic Nettie :)

Him everyone else. Hope you all had a good weekend

I am nervous about going to Grand Rapids Michigan on Monday. About a 4 hour drive. But i just haven't felt that great lately...can't get over this fatigue....so I am not sure I will take the drive. Really want to spend time with my daughter, but it have to be smart about it. I also hate it when she sees me not doing well.  I think that is just guilt from her seeing me with cancer since she was in 5 th grade.  The upside is..I have gotten a ton of knitting done since I do nothing but sit around on my screen porch when I am not working..lol

And my dog is just getting over being sick...bad intestines since Tuesday. She is 14, and 

we are lucky she wakes us up when she has the diarrhea...poor thing. Got meds for her today...so,maybe we will all sleep tonight.

I know...you are all thinking....stop typing already ...ok I will .....having trouble falling asleep

Night night

Live and love fully Dx 3/2001, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 6, 2014 08:19AM chevyboy wrote:

Thanks Susan, for that story about your MIL....  I know they should help her in some way, other than keeping her in that house! 

I guess they think since she has a house-keeper once a week, someone to take her to beauty shop, and church, and they take her shopping and give her showers, that she doesn't need to leave .... yet! 

But if it were my Mom, I would talk to her about WHERE she will go, if something happens...  We did that a little, and I asked her if she could go live with them, and she said "they didn't ask me."... 

It's just too bad that she is either subconsciously  trying to get MORE attention or help, or just  really having issues with her health.

Okay, I think I have it figured out how to transfer data & programs I really want to keep, like iTunes, Picassa, the Screen-saver that I paid for, etc.....

I transferred that stuff over to a little flash-drive!  I could have bought a transfer cable, to move programs, but I don't WANT to keep all the programs I have now, so the ones I want, I can plug that flash-drive in, and use them when I WANT them, and not fill up my new computer with all those files! 

It will be nice to start out with everything new... like it was when I got THIS computer.... 

I also have a disk that will wipe all data clean, when I want to take this computer up to this recycle place.

Where is that Cammi?  I think we scared her away!  She sure hasn't pitched in with any help with this computer talk, Ha! 

And Blessings, do you wear hearing aids?  Are you okay now?

Susan, about your trip.... can you stop about every hour to take a break?  Or how long are you planning to stay with her?

Can your dog make it okay?  

I've been reading all you other guys...

Littlepaws, I know this will be different with Windows 8.... But when I bought THIS one, with Vista, I just LOVED it, and all the different features!  So I'll just get used to it, I guess....  I hope...

22222222T!  Geez, glad you are getting your mud-flaps removed...  I can just picture that....  I keep rubbing my hip/leg, and that scar-tissue has really smoothed out...  still hurts, but not like it used to!

Love your Pics Nettie!

Did I post this before?  It is that beautiful fireworks display from China.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_LpMB1OZ53g?feature=player_detailpage%22%20frameborder=%220%22%20allowfullscreen%3e%3c/iframe%3e&autoplay=1

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 6, 2014 08:23AM chevyboy wrote:

Oh Wait!  Blessings, I'm so sorry you fell!  Man, even if you didn't break anything, it just shakes the begeezus out of you!  Sometimes it takes a few days to feel "normal" again!   And a hard HIT like that anywhere, will take a few days to recover from...  Can you use heat on your hip, or places that hurt?  And how about Tylenol or something for bruising? 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 6, 2014 08:43AM susan3 wrote:

yeah Chevy, I can stop. I was staying till Friday and then she is coming back with me, then taking the train back on Monday. So she can drive  me home. She is coming back with me cause I bought tickets to "the tomato throw" here in chicago. It's at soldier field and everyone throws rotten tomatoes at each other...ha ha.....I love doing stupid things that make me laugh.    I can also stop at 2 hours and stay over night. If I had too. Or take the train..I have options....just don't want to go up there Nd the. I can't do anything but sit around...she wouldn't care...my issues...

Wish I could help u with computer...I would be the last person on the planet to know anything. Hubby just got a new dell a month ago. Nice lap top...huge screen...and switched to exfinity ( I think),  and everything is real fast. My cousin bought me an I pad 2 yrs ago, that is what I use.   But my friends who are awesome with techy stuff, said they had to relearn a lot of stuff with windows 8,  hubby got 4 yrs of tech support with the computer. He has been on the phone a lot...lol

Sas...hope  you feel better today

Blessings, hop you feel better too...stay on those feet :)

Happy Sunday to all

Live and love fully Dx 3/2001, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 6, 2014 08:45AM susan3 wrote:

oh, and do dog is staying home with hubby...she got though the night last night without going to the bathroom.   Think we are on the upswing......she was going to come with, but the kids don't have air conditioning . At 14, I didn't want her uncomfortable with the heat.

Jul 6, 2014 09:03AM camillegal wrote:

Food Morning computer nerds.

Blessing I'm so sorry about u'r fall, it's a PITA I fall all the time but thankfully in slow motion so I can adjust the fall--I do everything slow, but when u go down quckly u can really get hurt as we know like Chevy. U have to be extra careful.

Susan I hope u can go to Mich. tomorrow it would be such a great time there, but if u'r not up to it, u know best.

And this comp talk is crazy for me--I know my computer can do all kinds of things but damn if I know how. And if it goes in the clouds no one know how to reverse it. Now I've heard so many peeps say they hate windows 8""" But as my DD1 said once u get used to it it's grest, except when someone comes in new if they don't know it she teaches it to the, Well she can't teach me not everyone is teachable she thinks everyone is, She Is so not like me, she's actually a lot of fun, but at work nothing is acceptable but the best--oh so not me, she must be horrible to work with, everything was always good enough for me.

Nettie was that u'r pic--I forgot now who, but whoever it is the pics were lovely and so was the furbaby. I'm sorry I'm not around as much but it's been a little goofy here everything is basically fine but just screwed up.

BTW Chevy I would be panicky if I had responsibility for a neighbor so I give u credit for valor or for being recockulous. Poor woman needs full time help.

OKey Dokey I'll close for now anyway try to be back later.

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Jul 6, 2014 09:38AM badger wrote:

mornin' owls, see why I'm holding onto my old PC?  The trouble a new one can create.  But I do like the tip about putting the programs/files you want on a flash drive to re-install later.

Sassy, hope you slept OK.  Lions & tigers & shards oh my.

Blessings, sorry about vertigo, how vexing and affects yr QOL.

Susan, hope you have fun throwing tomatoes at yr DD LOL.

2TA, my mx scars are 9 inches each, from midline to under my arms, but are fading over the years.  Glad yr mudflaps are gone.

♥ to all

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 6, 2014 09:45AM PattyPeppermint wrote:

good morning ladies. I see y'all are still talking in a foreign language (computer talk ). I'll just smile and nod like I usually do when I don't understand.  :-) 

I have also been wondering what a pita is ?  Too embarrassed to ask before but hey can't learn if don't ask, right? I finally looked it up today. Ah ha now I understand. Learn something new everyday.  Guess I am already done for the day now.  

Susan -where is lake Zurich ?  I used to live in champaign- Urbana.  I tell my children all the time we grew up without air conditioning and they simply can't comprehend that.  Oh the good old days. We lived in the country on the top of a hill. We just left the windows open and the front door open ( so wind came through screen door ) all the time.  I seriously don't remember sweating and we certainly didn't worry about someone coming in and killing us at night.  No way I would do that now.  

Hope everyone has a great day 

To God be the glory! Live, laugh, love... Life is way too short. Dx 6/2013, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/5/2013 Bone Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/1/2015 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 7/1/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Jul 6, 2014 10:28AM susan3 wrote:

Just lost my post :(

Patty, Lake zurich is 35 miles northwest of chicago and 45 minutes away from wisconsin on the lake geneva side.

Badger, yes I will have fun...hubby will be there also. But he used to pitch semi pro ball, so I will stay out of his way....it will be interesting how we clean up before getting into the car..hope we get cool pictures.

this is the sweater I just finished :)

Page 1502 of 4,507 (45,064 results)

Scroll to top button