Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 9, 2011 03:45AM - edited Apr 3, 2018 06:30AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 4 of 1,501 (45,026 results)

Posts 91 - 120 (45,026 total)

Apr 9, 2011 03:36PM - edited Apr 9, 2011 03:42PM by Valjean

Yeah, I saw the thread title & started reading. great idea.

I always look for the like button, too. In fact, I've started to just put "like" on some posts instead of writing something. Chincy (sp?), I know.

♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ 💛RIP CINDY🌼 ~ DX 11/5/2008~Lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09

Apr 9, 2011 03:36PM Valgal wrote:

SAS doesn't your screen name mean my love or something in German? Does the sas part stand for anything? How about Yahtzee Schatzi...does that rhyme..oh jeez I better go to bed lol

Dx 7/2/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 03:38PM Valgal wrote:

Hi Valjean, now I know of a Valgirl and you too!

Apr 9, 2011 03:39PM Valjean wrote:

Hey, Valgal, did you know our name, Valerie, means "strong"?

♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ 💛RIP CINDY🌼 ~ DX 11/5/2008~Lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09

Apr 9, 2011 03:39PM tinkertude wrote:

Chesire Cat lifting hair and ears  I wonder if you could copy and paste this.. or copy and save it as a pic in your documents then when you edit your profile you should be able to get to it where its says browse.. if you save it as a document. 

Tink has been my fav too for years... I have many Tink things... when I had my 1st surgery my MIL sent me a big Tink blanket and I had that blanket  with me in the hospital the whole time... the nurses would come in and say oh thats so cute did your daughter let you borrow that...lol... Um no its mine and we would laugh!!!

Dx 6/2/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 03:40PM Valjean wrote:

Yeah, we have a great name, don't we??!!

Apr 9, 2011 03:40PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:48AM by sas-schatzi

Tink I got to see the original Peter Pan with Mary Martin in the theater in the round in detroit in about 1956. Captain Hook took a swipe at our noses as he was coming down the isle. It was magical MY twin and I were six. I've been in love with the show my whole life. It was magical how they made Tinkerbell be real in that venue , to us kids. AND when they asked everyone to clap to help TINk live--it seemed so real.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 9, 2011 03:42PM Valgal wrote:

Yes my cousin in England sent me something about that. I hope we live up to our nomenclature.

Apr 9, 2011 03:42PM tinkertude wrote:

VALJEAN..I would hit the like button if we had one for that idea lol!

SAS.. This girl tried on a dress that cost $34,000 and ok Im laughing out loud this girl now is trying on a gown and they just said she was the granddaughter of a chicken plucker and she is in a dress with all feathers... too funny!

Dx 6/2/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 03:44PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:48AM by sas-schatzi

Valgal  if you are still here---schatzi is my dog originally when I came ihad used my name, then found out there could be identity issues so looked at the dog and that was it.

Apr 9, 2011 03:45PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Tink I love the chesire cat , but before we do something with it can you find something on the madhatter

Apr 9, 2011 03:46PM Valjean wrote:

Chickens ~ maybe that should be the running background theme of your thread here. A bride with a chicken dress! lol Laughing

Apr 9, 2011 03:47PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:49AM by sas-schatzi

TInk well by tomorrow i now where she's going to be, OMG with the rest of the chickens.

Apr 9, 2011 03:48PM tinkertude wrote:

Oh how neat to see that on stage like that!!!  That would be wonderful.... we went to disney 2 years ago and I made the family wait in line 2 hours so I could meet her and take a pic with her... geez you would of thought I was the child... hahaha... they were like can we go now mom!!!!!... noooooo im not leaving until i meet her... it was such fun though... that was when life seemed kinda normal... hmmm wait grown women waits 2 hours to meet Tinkerbell... maybe it wasnt as normal as I thought lol

Apr 9, 2011 03:48PM hdangelbaby wrote:

Hello ladies and fellow chickens!!! I will probably be up here with you all till around 2-3 am. I just can't even think about falling asleep till then. I get more energy at night too. The only thing that seems to even remotely work, and we're talking only a few nights a week it actually works, is taking 2 "sleepytime" teabags and making that, along with (2) 25 mg sleep aid (diphenhydramine, basically benadryl) and wait to feel the sleep come on... and like i said, it only works sometimes!! I wish sometimes i could just fall asleep like my husband! shit, 2 vicodin and a beer doesn't even work!

so... a $34,000 dress? that's a third of how much my house cost!! unbelievable!!

i was watching dc cupcakes earlier too. it was the one where katherine got engaged and they were trying to make a huge engagement ring out of cupcakes! it was pretty cool

well, gonna go check out the other threads, but i will be back, mark my word!

staying cancer free is my new full time job!! Dx 10/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 03:49PM Valgal wrote:

Who was her Dad / Colonel Sanders?

Apr 9, 2011 03:50PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:50AM by sas-schatzi

Need to get more juice

Apr 9, 2011 03:53PM Valgal wrote:

snack time.. I'm going downstairs for an apple and some peanut butter. If I were drinking we'd really be in trouble with my wacky ideas.

Apr 9, 2011 03:53PM tinkertude wrote:

Here are a few hope they go through had a time copy and paste... is this what you like or is it the JOhnny Depp one?

Apr 9, 2011 03:55PM Valgal wrote:

Dear Nanc,

I kind of didn't get it either, but I guess Sas has imaginery conversations with chikens when there's no one else around to talk to? Is that it SAS?

Apr 9, 2011 03:55PM Valjean wrote:

Well, I've gotta go. Need to be up in 5 hrs & knowing it will take time to fall asleep, best be heading that way.

Talk at ya tomorrow, same time, same station!

Apr 9, 2011 03:57PM tinkertude wrote:

oh a snack sounds good gonna get one too

I agree NANCY she is the best!..

I thought the ring they made out of cupcakes was really cool too... they do some really neat things on there... I saw I think last week maybe they made a huge pink bra for one of the bc walks it was really cool too..

Apr 9, 2011 03:57PM Valgal wrote:

Good night everyone! sweet dreams!

Apr 9, 2011 03:59PM tinkertude wrote:

goodnight VALS!!!!

Apr 9, 2011 04:00PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:51AM by sas-schatzi

HDangel sweetie glad you came , but your already gone, hope i'm asleep when you come back.(((H)))

Tink I can remember almost every scene. It was on tv years ago and I had a tape of it , but again greg didn't like it so...... I will try to find it if it's in good enough shape I will try and get it transferred to cd.. To me , it beats any of the stuff in the last two decades.

Valjean still here where in MI. TINK and I know each other from several threads. You should check out OMG they found a cure for stupid. But start with page 1 it's great laughs

Apr 9, 2011 04:04PM tinkertude wrote:

YES i dont think  it was to far it was on the "mall'.. I have done several walks in D.C. and thats typically where it all seems to start   , they do go at it at times you talking about theone with the dark hair? I like the blonde one... I cnt think of their names  i think one is Sophie... I also really like the girls scout badge one they did... oh man I could go for a cupcake

Apr 9, 2011 04:05PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:52AM by sas-schatzi

no I'm here

Apr 9, 2011 04:07PM tinkertude wrote:

oh Bonnie I know what you  mean i have those with myself alot... at least no one argues when I do lol

Apr 9, 2011 04:08PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:52AM by sas-schatzi

Nancy wlecome----It's moving a little fast for me to keep up with thtyping two fingers , a cig, and a glass of wine. The chickens are a take off from the OMG thread because i was up all night trying to find someone to talk to. It was a joke

Apr 9, 2011 04:09PM tinkertude wrote:

sas did you like the madhatters pics or did you want the johnny depp ones?

Page 4 of 1,501 (45,026 results)