Join Us

We are 217,519 members in 84 forums discussing 160,606 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 9, 2011 03:45AM - edited Apr 3, 2018 06:30AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 5 of 1,502 (45,043 results)

Posts 121 - 150 (45,043 total)

Apr 9, 2011 04:12PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:52AM by sas-schatzi

BOnnie so glad you came--it won't be like this everynight. THIS OPENING NIGHT dadeda. I usually try for regular hours then wake up at whatever. so, hope to find someone here when that happens

Tink I like the Chesire cat, we'll figuire it out tomorrow--ok

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 9, 2011 04:16PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:53AM by sas-schatzi

I guess this is snack time.  I have Chocolate wine. first try --good like boost with a different sweetness. I hope I don't have to start talking to chickens again !

Apr 9, 2011 04:17PM tinkertude wrote:

SAS...sounds good to me :)

had to get a snack... no cupcake though.. :(.. just some nuts!

Dx 6/2/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 04:18PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Tink the Jonny Depp ones didn't come through, but I still like the chesire cat

Apr 9, 2011 04:18PM tinkertude wrote:

oh my MIL gave me a bottle of that... so it is good? I havent tried it yet...

Dx 6/2/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 04:18PM jezza wrote:

Time for the Aussies to join in....4.15 in the afternoon here...lol

jezza

bi-lat mastectomies (one prophylactic) saline implants no chemo, no rads 21 years NED Dx 1/1992, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3

Apr 9, 2011 04:19PM tinkertude wrote:

oh wow!!!! welcome JEZZA!!.. its 2:20 in the a.m. where I am....

Apr 9, 2011 04:20PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:53AM by sas-schatzi

Yes the Aussies found us---we were hoping welcome Jezza. Be patient slow typer

Apr 9, 2011 04:21PM jezza wrote:

Just taken my pup for a walk...didn't wear him out...just me!!

Having a rest before I prepare dinner.

jezza

bi-lat mastectomies (one prophylactic) saline implants no chemo, no rads 21 years NED Dx 1/1992, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3

Apr 9, 2011 04:21PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:53AM by sas-schatzi

Jezza how did you find us?

Apr 9, 2011 04:21PM hdangelbaby wrote:

i just ate dinner a couple hours ago,

i bought doughnuts today and they are sitting on my counter,  i want one really bad even though i am still full from dinnerYell

staying cancer free is my new full time job!! Dx 10/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 04:22PM tinkertude wrote:

donuts, cupcakes dinner..... sigh may be time for another snack! :)

Apr 9, 2011 04:23PM - edited Jun 21, 2011 03:54AM by sas-schatzi

HD your backkkkk

Jezza I put word out to sandyAust to spread the word to the Aussie's

Apr 9, 2011 04:23PM jezza wrote:

I always go to Active Topics sas and this one kept jumping to the top so I saw it was VERY active...lol

Apr 9, 2011 04:24PM tinkertude wrote:

Bonnie is that your cat in your pic? I love kitties

Apr 9, 2011 04:24PM hdangelbaby wrote:

oh yeah!

i'm back baby!!!!

staying cancer free is my new full time job!! Dx 10/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 04:24PM sagina wrote:

My latest facebook post:

"I have to be careful not to wipe the sweat from my brow - cause off come the brows!"

or right after surgery: "home again home again, jiggety-jig - ouch- wait- hold the jiggety!"

or when my hair all fell out: "When I dream, I dream in color....hair color...."

or when I first worked without a hat or wig : "I am commando at work!"

Hope the night time finds you all sleeping.....

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Apr 9, 2011 04:26PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Ah Hah ---well time will tell I just wanted a place to talk in the middle of the night or when most here went to bed. Hope it takes on a life of it's own , if you know what I mean. Some do some fade away. I just don't want to have conversations with imaginary chickens.

Apr 9, 2011 04:27PM tinkertude wrote:

welcome  SAGINA!!!!

What kind of choc NANCY?

Apr 9, 2011 04:28PM hdangelbaby wrote:

sagina,

i do the same with the brows!! i officially have 1 hair left clinging for dear life on  my right brow. and about 6 hairs left on the left!!!! but i have shadows of where the new ones are starting to peek in Wink, ha! i kind of look like the smiley! no brows or lashes! haha!

hey sas, i will trade you a doughnut for a glass of wine????????????

Apr 9, 2011 04:28PM jezza wrote:

I used to use the chat room here a lot but haven't for ages.

Apr 9, 2011 04:30PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Sagina welcome --very funnyLOL. Except for the last sleep is an illusion anymore

Apr 9, 2011 04:31PM - edited Apr 9, 2011 04:32PM by sas-schatzi

G-iG I will try and follow the steps tomorrow and upload the chesire cat. too much tonight,Thanks

Apr 9, 2011 04:34PM sas-schatzi wrote:

G-i_g a few more choices I will have to thinks about ---Ihave thsi greatmadhatter lapel pin I used to wear to meetings. It was my silent declaration of what I thought of meetings

Apr 9, 2011 04:36PM tinkertude wrote:

got it thanks Nancy!!

well ladies I am going to give sleep a try... I may be back!

sas thanks for starting this thread this is awesome... so nice to meet all you ladies tonight and I know I will be seeing you all again soon :)

may sleep come soon for all of you!

Apr 9, 2011 04:36PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bonnie I like them all how did you find them so fast?

Apr 9, 2011 04:39PM sas-schatzi wrote:

bonn ie under what forum is it ?

Apr 9, 2011 04:39PM sagina wrote:

Woo Hoo something to do in the middle of night! Yes thank you all.  I'm out of chemo, surgery, and waiting on radiation - the insomnia started about two weeks ago....I guess when they stopped shooting my up with the pre-meds to chemo?! lol.

HD: I wrote my hair a letter, I'll copy and post for you!

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Apr 9, 2011 04:39PM hdangelbaby wrote:

*still thinking about that damn douhnut*

it's an apple fritter too....... hmmmmm...... sugar certainly will not help me sleep, but then again, will i actually sleep tonight anyways? lol

Apr 9, 2011 04:40PM sagina wrote:

Bonnie where do I find the thread?

Page 5 of 1,502 (45,043 results)