Join Us

We are 217,478 members in 84 forums discussing 160,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts —

Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2011 11:45AM - edited Apr 2, 2018 02:30PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

Welcome. This is called the insomnia thread, but we post 24/7/365. We call ourselves Owlettes :)

No nastiness, bullying, stalking or such allowed. I would like to keep the kind fabric of this thread intact.

Discussion will flow where it will as all threads do. This will be a happy place. I hope with lots of laughing. Talk of things, needs, rants as your mood or thoughts take you. Each person here has a history of helping others. Threads develop pseudo family groups. Fancy way to say we become like family. This family will have all the best a family has to offer, but none of the negatives.

May help with sleeplessness: circadian rhythm, melatonin--pub med evidence based research. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21476953 Agometaline is approved for use in Europe/Australia for insomnia. It is NOT approved in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

How to naturally reset circadian rhythm with food : http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-naturally-reset-your-sleep-cycle-overnight

Article connecting insomnia and depression. It's a chicken egg thing-..............-insomnia <-----> depression.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/12/02/is-curing-insomnia-key-to-curing-depression/?intcmp=AE-ENDART1-BL-REL

Second Sleep---The NORMAL for humans before the light bulb http://slumberwise.com/science/your-ancestors-didnt-sleep-like-you/

Autonomic dysfunction: http://www.holistichelp.net/dysautonomia-autonomic-nervous-system-dysfunction.html

BCO Member Notself's three day plan: 1. Get doc script for sleep aid, at lowest dose. 2. Set sleep time. 3. Take pill 1/2 hr to 1 hr before set time. 4. Do this for three days; 5. Should sleep on fourth night.. 6. Repeat steps 1-5 if sleeplessness has lasted more than one night.

Don'ts that are known to cause sleeplessness: Alcohol, coffee, chocolate, looking at computer screens before bedtime, sex and exersize(variable by person); Do's that promote sleep: Sex and exersize(variable by person) , book reading, foot massage, aromatherapy, sleepy teas. After dinner walk(variable).

Link to Warm & Fuzzy's (W&F) thread: Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

For all our dear Sisters .........

Image result for prayer for protection friend

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 6 of 1,502 (45,043 results)

Posts 151 - 180 (45,043 total)

Apr 9, 2011 12:42AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hd the last of it is in the glass sorry angel. but at least you're not getting the calories. I bought for our Queen sandy coronation of the Master Mother Cluckers, but ran out of anything else --it's to sweet to drink on a regular basis

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 9, 2011 12:44AM sagina wrote:

Hi Bonnie I found the thread! Way tooooo funny.  I'll post my Dear Hair letter.

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Apr 9, 2011 12:46AM hdangelbaby wrote:

i can't wait to read it!

i have my long braid in a ziploc bag in my medicine cabinet. i take it out and look at it from time to time.... ah... it's gonna take a really long time to get my hair down the middle of my back again!

staying cancer free is my new full time job!! Dx 10/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 12:48AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Well multiple lessons good I can come back and find them easy.

The chocolate wine should not drink the whole bottle. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it.

Apr 9, 2011 12:51AM sagina wrote:

I'm  a little cut and  paste slow, sorry!  I created it in the forum humor, it's called Dear hair, and oh so true!!!! lol.

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Apr 9, 2011 12:51AM sas-schatzi wrote:

I still remember the day my dh shaved my head. My twin that had BC in 96 said when it starts falling out or it hurts shave it. we did. then I got to shave him a few months latter ---if you get my drift

Apr 9, 2011 12:53AM sagina wrote:

LOL sas - and yes mine hurt aweful 12 days after chemo started, I figured that was my cue to shave it off.  It hurt so bad I didn't mind the relief when it was gone.

Apr 9, 2011 12:54AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Tink must have gone? Pooh She's so sweet just like her avatar

Apr 9, 2011 12:56AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bonnie thats the exact bottle, I would recommend with desert, not for a whole sitting like I've just done.

Apr 9, 2011 12:58AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Tastes like boost with a different sweetness , one glass or two. Now it's work finishing the last glass

Apr 9, 2011 12:58AM sagina wrote:

Chocolate and Wine together? yummmm best of both worlds?

Apr 9, 2011 12:59AM hdangelbaby wrote:

ok sas, now that is a YKYACPW moment!!! when wine reminds you of Boost..... lol!! love it!!!

staying cancer free is my new full time job!! Dx 10/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 9, 2011 01:00AM sagina wrote:

Thank you Bonnie - HD here's the thread to the Dear Hair: http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/31/topic/767280?page=1#idx_1

Apr 9, 2011 01:00AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Yes, but again not the whole bottle, something tells me I may give it up before the night is over

Apr 9, 2011 01:01AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Yaka what spell it out angel

Apr 9, 2011 01:02AM hdangelbaby wrote:

that does seem like it would be a bit much.... a whole bottle of chocolate wine... i hope you don't puke!Yell

Apr 9, 2011 01:03AM hdangelbaby wrote:

oh there is a thread called "You Know Your A Cancer Patient When...." and it's kinda like jeff foxworthy's "You Know Your A Redneck When.....:

Apr 9, 2011 01:03AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hence my comment that I may give it up before the night is over.

Apr 9, 2011 01:05AM - edited Apr 9, 2011 01:05AM by sas-schatzi

Angel it is a funny funny thread. Between OMG and You Know. They are masterpieces of comedy

Apr 9, 2011 01:05AM sagina wrote:

You're welcome Bonnie.  I have a pen holder on my desk at work: Sarcasm, just one of my many talents!  And cancer brought out the best of the sarcasm and humor!  What we can't control, sometimes we just have to laugh at!!!

Apr 9, 2011 01:06AM Sandeeonherown wrote:

morning folks...4am halifax time ans i just woke up...with a hot flash...eating some frozen yogurt(and will NOT be buying any more) and tryin gto go back to bed but wowowo. 7 pages in one evening. Impressive! good o know this thread is here in a hot flash moment in the midleof the night:)

Sandee... still here,still grateful and still the happiest person I know!

Apr 9, 2011 01:06AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bonnie so thoughtful. It's a bummer when it's just me and the chickens

Apr 9, 2011 01:07AM sagina wrote:

it's after two for me, here in Texas, so talk to you all later!  thank you sooo much for the company.

Apr 9, 2011 01:10AM voraciousreader wrote:

Well, here I am!Kiss  It's 3 AM and that bum shoulder of mine....well...it has me up!!!

Hope nobody answers me and that you're all having pleasant dreams.....

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Apr 9, 2011 01:10AM sas-schatzi wrote:

We welcome sandee ---I think we hit a note here. We need someplace to go in the night. and tv sucks. I've basically almost near getting drunk . which is a problem because a second wind hits  and it could be hours. But i would like to see more of the southlanders here because it'll keep things moving.

Apr 9, 2011 01:12AM sas-schatzi wrote:

VR--why no answer?

Apr 9, 2011 01:12AM windlass wrote:

Help! I just had my first A/C chemo on Wednesday and tonight I woke up with a terrible sore throat. Is this normal, or should I wake up my oncologist at 3 AM? I am not running a fever - in fact I am 98 degrees exactly.

I am worried, and any help would be much appreciated.

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." -Psalm 91 . . . . . . Completed: UniMX, DIEP reconstr; A/C x 4; TDM1 x 4; Taxotere+Herceptin x 4, 33 Rads; TDM1 Phase II Trial x 9; Tamoxifen, prayer. Brain Mets 2015. Dx 1/18/2011, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 12/28 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Apr 9, 2011 01:13AM hdangelbaby wrote:

god is good, really? that's awesome, so you probably know where hansen is then? little town outside of twin falls?

sas, i'm right there with you on the decadence factor. i started with just eating half the fritter, then i went back for the other half..... c'mon sugar buzz! and stomach ache!! lol

Apr 9, 2011 01:15AM sas-schatzi wrote:

windlass soorry i'm a nurse and I don't have a clue , but stay and talk a miute maybe we can come up with an idea

Apr 9, 2011 01:16AM hdangelbaby wrote:

windlass, if your not running a fever, you ought to be ok till 8, when most offices open up. if it came on suddenly, it may be strep, in which case you need to be seen as soon as your doc office opens up , for a strep test. i had strep while on taxol, and i got it again this week. defintely call, and keep an eye on your temp, if it goes above 100.3 you need to call him or go to the ER!

Page 6 of 1,502 (45,043 results)