Topic: Comfort dogs

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jun 25, 2013 09:15AM

Posted on: Jun 25, 2013 09:15AM

sciencegal wrote:

Okay, I am just throwing this out there: does anyone else feel closer to their dog than to humans through this roller coaster journey?

I have a wonderful life and great support, but my little blind shelter dog Lewie (a white poodle mix) has been constantly by my side- whether I am sleeping on the couch after chemo or in the armchair after surgery, or posting like now- he is on the couch next to me with his head in my lap.

This little guy never leaves my side except when I go to work, then he pretty much just sleeps with his buddy (daddy's boy) on their memory foam bed until I get back. Yes, a bit spoiled, I admit it.

I am wondering if anyone else has a similar relationship with their "comfort dog"? He has helped me so much.

My friends saved my hair through chemo with Penguin Cold Caps. Thank you capping crew!! Now NED 5 years out. Hang in there! Dx 10/19/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 11/2/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/7/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/7/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 3/19/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 3/19/2013 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/23/2013 Reconstruction (left) Radiation Therapy 6/27/2013 Breast Surgery 9/26/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Page 265 of 265 (2,643 results)

Jan 3, 2022 03:30PM gmafoley wrote:

"Dog dementia, also known as Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD), is a cognitive disorder in dogs associated with effects similar to those of Alzheimer's in humans. It's a condition related to the aging of a dog's brain, which leads to changes in behavior and primarily affects memory, learning, and comprehension."

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 3, 2022 05:59PM spookiesmom wrote:

Two of my past dogs had it. Both were going deaf and blind, old age. They went in circles. Constantly. Until they needed a nap, then would start again. Both became incontentent, didn’t seem to be in pain. Don’t rearrange thefurniture and they will be ok. Until they aren’t, and you will know.

Jan 3, 2022 07:53PM gmafoley wrote:

Yeah, I have been through it before, but Tipper was 17 when she passed. Dozer is big compared to her, so he is 11/12 years old, I know its coming.

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 265 of 265 (2,643 results)

Scroll to top button