Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1 of 1,028 (10,278 results)

Jul 16, 2015 06:21PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Supposin' that no one wants to be the first. I wanted to do this thread in 2010. Really needed it that year. On and off since would have been nice. I'll bump it periodically, never know when someone might need it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 16, 2015 06:28PM queenmomcat wrote:

Dunno where this thread is going to go, but I'm on: I'm an extremely BAD PATIENT, under the best of circumstances, and struggle with not scorching the people who are not only trying to help, however awkwardly. Mostly. (fumes)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 16, 2015 07:30PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hi Queenie, I always thought for decades that houses and work places should have a sound proof room that had padded walls that you could kick without hurting your self. I've done the primal scream a few times. It was always related to bad care of family. A few times in grief. Here, I think it would be a good thing to let off steam, without worrying if the Mods are going to get upset. The point of being here is the posters upset. Let it fly.............. once it's out, is a good thing. Someone get's into a cat fight. Don't depend on the Mods to intervene. Rules were set. Thanks Queenie......................

Jul 16, 2015 07:53PM clarrn wrote:

This is perfect. Thanks sassy!

Screw you well meaning cousin who sent me a long text this morning about someone my age, with a young child like mine, who was diagnosed the same month as me, had been given the all clear without tests like me, who just got admitted into palliative care. Why would you send that TO ME? I don't know this woman. I know too well what COULD happen in my future and I am trying to live my life WITHOUT the constant fear. SO SCREW YOU, for bringing it back into my life today. I had barely contained it and now you have re-released the beast. Did you THINK before you hit send? THANKS FOR THE LITTLE RAY OF DOOM AND GLOOM.

30 years old at dx, Implant lost due to infection. Open wound packing for 108 days :( now onto a Free Tram Dx 12/4/2013, DCIS, 6cm+, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Dx 1/29/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/27/2014 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 4/8/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 10/15/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 2/27/2015 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/23/2015 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 8/24/2020 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap

Jul 16, 2015 08:10PM - edited Jul 16, 2015 08:28PM by sas-schatzi

WOW-Clarm............great rant....sucky cousin. Wait a few weeks and decide to cut and paste to her. Must revise topic box. Clarm, I added #5..AND " This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger" What do you think---okay? Your's was gut wrenching anger. ............Let the fleas of a thousand cats infest her crotch.

Jul 16, 2015 09:10PM Beatmon wrote:

What a stupid woman. How was that supposed to help you? We have some many losses here on ladies we have come to love.....

Brenda

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jul 16, 2015 09:18PM glennie19 wrote:

wow, clarrn,,, that is just awful.  That was just so unkind.   Rant it out,, we are here for you.

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/7/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Dx DCIS

Jul 16, 2015 09:42PM Beachbaby65 wrote:

I had my first mamo Monday ( 6 months since treatment) and nothing suspicious showed up. Everyone and I mean every single person I know and love thinks I should be happy, relieved, and reassured. They don't get it. I'm on this sucky drug called tomoxifen for 10 yrs which is causing joint pain that on some days is excruciating. I'm having vision problems. I'm terrified I won't be able to work much longer and I love my job ( caregiver). My only other option is an oohphrectomy and an al which has worst side effects! I had just found the love of my life 3 months before dx after a 25 yr bad marriage! Darn it I paid my dues and I just want my life back without constant pain, stress, and fear! Doctors don't get the quality of life thing ! Cancer is a life sentence and darn it I didn't commit the crime! And I just can't be honest about how I'm feeling with my family. I'm the strong one and I need to be strong for my daughter's. I'm all they've got. Just so damn tired ! Changing insurance too! Leaving my esteemed doctors due to new job and new state so that's not stressful! I HATE CANCER!

Dx 5/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 6/9/2014 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/14/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/4/2014 Breast

Jul 16, 2015 10:43PM - edited Jul 17, 2015 07:34AM by queenmomcat

How about a place to lash out, where it's understood that we're lashing out, not at a person necessarily or a facility, but at cancer. At the loss of autonomy during treatment. At the loss of choice....because the choice between a life/psyche consuming treatment and death is not a choice. At the fact that we'll always be looking over our shoulder in fear of a recurrence.

Me? I'll start trying to figure out how to explain, starting with to myself, how I can both understand the need for a treatment and also be terrified of the process. How to explain to the psychologist that I understand I have a very curable form of cancer and yet not be able to stop being angry at the need to accept the disruptive treatment. To explain to oncologists that attempting to alleviate my worry by explaining how my treatment compares favorably to chemotherapy, to AIs, that I'm angry about the need to lose, even in part, a hormonal function that I'd fought to keep, if only for a few years more, while getting stuck with the messier parts of that hormonal function. To explain to the surgeon that I'm flipping out about the loss of sensation in an intimate part of my body, that restoring the appearance of normalcy won't solve that problem..

Did i get the rocks hot enough for a good steam? Good. Thank you for listening. Now to go console my poor husband who has to stand by and watch me go through this, and bear the brunt of my steaming.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 17, 2015 12:28AM Italychick wrote:

my rant. 7 weeks post chemo, eyelashes are falling out, hair growing all over my face, had to pluck like 200 hairs and I am not kidding, also, eyebrow hair growing in under brow area.

Pretty soon I guess I will be a woman with 1/2" head hair, and gorilla hair everywhere but where I want it to be. My face hairs were twice as long as the hair on my head.

This fricking sucks.

Lumpectomy 1/27/15, TCH chemo, Finished chemo 5/27/15, rest of treatments 2/17/16 Dx IDC

Page 1 of 1,028 (10,278 results)

Scroll to top button