Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 09:21AM - edited Aug 1, 2017 10:46PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 09:21AM - edited Aug 1, 2017 10:46PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1030 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Jun 13, 2022 01:41PM bcincolorado wrote:

I have not even had my own hair cut at all since COVID and live with a transplant DH in the house so we are so careful. Chopped off 6" on the back deck of our house a year and half ago but it down to my waist now and driving me crazy and need a major cut but do not feel safe going at all anywhere. Hate feeling trapped because we are afraid to go anywhere.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 13, 2022 08:29PM serenitystat wrote:

Iโ€™ve started cutting my own hair with just a little help from my younger daughter. Itโ€™s a simple straight blunt cut. Before cancer I had very long hair, but with all the meds trying their best to thin my hair , it looks better short. At least my hair is still dark.

BCO leaked our private data. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) ๐ŸถDx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- โ˜•๏ธ12/2015.L.Mast ๐Ÿ›€2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted ๐Ÿ–ผ9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts ๐Ÿฅ10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) ๐ŸŒฒ4/2019.Exemestane ๐ŸŽญ12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva ๐Ÿ•Š

Jun 14, 2022 10:03AM bcincolorado wrote:

I went gray early (staring in my late 20's even heredity). Dyed it for many years since did not want gray hairs with my dark hair. Dyed at home myself but when cancer surgery could not do it anyway let it go and that was it and now all gray. Figure I'm in my 60's now so not as bad. Gray and young with kids was sad.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 14, 2022 12:51PM serenitystat wrote:

Thereโ€™s a local news anchor who let her hair go gray during the pandemic. Itโ€™s stunning. ๐Ÿ‘

BCO leaked our private data. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) ๐ŸถDx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- โ˜•๏ธ12/2015.L.Mast ๐Ÿ›€2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted ๐Ÿ–ผ9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts ๐Ÿฅ10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) ๐ŸŒฒ4/2019.Exemestane ๐ŸŽญ12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva ๐Ÿ•Š

Jun 14, 2022 01:54PM - edited Jun 14, 2022 04:18PM by exbrnxgrl

I letmy hair go grey during the pandemic and I really like it! I knew that I would eventually stop coloring it. I also let it grow to collar bone length. I now have mostly very dark brown spiral curls (natural) with silvery grey framing my face. I am very happy with it and saving money since my hairdresser used to color it and it was not cheap!

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 14, 2022 02:57PM betrayal wrote:

Pre-Covid, I used to frost my hair but then nature took its course and it is now silvery gray frosting rather than ash blonde. It has always been baby fine but was much thicker before all the AI's. My last haircut pre-Covid was in January 2020 since my next appointment in early March was canceled by the lockdown. I let it grow and wear it most days in a ponytail since it doesn't seem to want to curl anymore. I have ventured into the local walk-in salon picking times of low volume and they mandate masks. So I have had it trimmed twice in the last year. They just cut off the dead ends and blunt cut it. So I call it my Covid cut. It is probably not all that flattering but it is minimal upkeep and that suits me for right now since we seldom go anywhere other than grocery shopping and to medical appointments. I agree coloring it was not cheap so having that extra money to use elsewhere has been great, too.

Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 3/30/2016 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 14, 2022 07:07PM alicebastable wrote:

I had been cutting my own hair for years pre-Covid, so I've got my regular short messy hair I've had for years. And I hadn't colored it since a year or two before cancer, so that's been at least five years. If my shoulders get any more painful, I'm out of luck.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/28/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1030 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Scroll to top button