Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 11 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Jul 27, 2015 05:14PM ddfair wrote:

OK ladies get your pink puke buckets ready, we don't want to make a mess in the steam room.

To my attention whore coworker who had a NON CANCEROUS tumor removed: 

Do you really think the entire staff needs weekly email updates on your progress?

Have you ever heard of using private email for personal stuff instead our office email system? Especially since you are also posting multiple times everyday on Facebook.

Did you forget that we have a coworker who has been dealing with serious cancer for over a year now?

Did you forget that we have coworkers with family members with stage4 cancer?

Wasn't it enough that we had a bake sale for you?

Wasn't it enough that we took dinners to your family?

Did you notice that our coworker fighting cancer doesn't have to be the center of attention every day?

Has it ever occurred to you that you are NOT the center of the universe? 

Hope keeps you stuck. Give up, and move on. Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left)

Jul 27, 2015 05:49PM sas-schatzi wrote:

What does Human Resources say about this?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 27, 2015 06:40PM yj2012 wrote:

My rant today is I feel disconnected from everything . Yet I have always these deadlines to meet, clients to please to have pay check coming in Weeks are passing by and but I constantly feel I am stuck in a twlight zone. This diagnosis made me lose some close friends, as they were not up for supporting like a true friends should, so I am alone with no one to share my fears. I have to put brave face for family and friends and pretend that everything is OK. Sometimes I end up buying into everything is OK part as well , then it hits me nothing is OK , I am just a shell of person I use to be. However fake I realize my relations were , I want them back. I really don't know how to move forward with this new norm , I feel alone for most part..

Jul 27, 2015 07:11PM - edited Jul 28, 2015 08:18PM by farmerjo

YJ2012 -

Ditto here. I lost friends AND a sister when diagnosed. My sister...I cut her off because she handed me the scissors.

I feel like a recluse. I am NOT the same person. I think it's more of a medication (letrozole) side effect because that's when it started.

Everyone acts like it's ok but it's not. I tried to talk to my daughter about it and she automatically assumed I was depressed. I am not depressed; I'm just tired. I have periods of sadness, and that's normal under the circumstances.

This is our new normal and NO ONE will understand unless they've gone thru it. It won't change and I have accepted that.

I want to ask everyone how they would handle this situation: I have dealt with MANY "Did they get it all" comments, but how to handle a gesture? I was at lunch with a few co-workers and my manager asked how I was doing. I said that I needed a revision in the fall for fat-grafting and an exchange. As I said this I subconsciously placed my right hand at the TOP of my breast, by my collarbone. One of my co-workers looked at another and rolled her eyes. She doesn't know I saw. Now I won't acknowledge her when I see her. How would you handle this moving forward?

ATM gene mutation, Lynch Syndrome, On HRT for 17 years at dx. Oncotype 19, MammaPrint high-risk. Ki67 29.1% ER 90% PR 5% False-negative sentinel node biopsy Dx 1/26/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Dx 2/13/2015, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 2/13/2015 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 4/13/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 5/31/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 8/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 12/21/2016 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 1/18/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal

Jul 27, 2015 10:14PM JJOntario wrote:

A rant about Tamoxifen causing wicked pms that I'm afraid I'm driving my DH away but I'm so friggen angry that I went back to work and we are moving again on Saturday...with a house DH loves. He is so really inconsiderate and I'm so really tired of following his plans. Who the frig puts their house up for sale while your wife is in the middle of radiation. I'm tired of looking good and people saying that you don't look tired. I'm tired of being stressed and wondering in that tiny corner of my mind if the constant craziness of the past 2yrs somehow brought this on? However irrational that might be....I'm sick of what the past year has done to me and to some degree my marriage. How can anyone call this just a bump?

47yrs old. Oncotype Score 16. 43 at dx - existing implants. Basal cell carcinoma-2019 Dx 12/1/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/1/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 12/7/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2015 Radiation Therapy 3/29/2015

Jul 27, 2015 11:40PM kittysister wrote:

Turn up the heat and pass the pink puke bucket, please .. to my facebook friend who was freaked out that you might possibly have a lump that would require a big surgery and you didn't know what you would do, how you would handle it, etc. etc. etc. post after post .. guess what .. your mammogram was clear and you didn't have to even have scans, biopsies or anything else .. which, I am happy for you .. really .. but I wish you wouldn't keep posting the pink ribbon pictures and "liking" everything about BC that comes your way. You really are over-doing it, especially since you don't know squat about it. I can't (not) wait for October. I may have to stay off of facebook that month. Maybe the pink ribbon is pretty and cute to you, since you were free and clear, but not to me .. I find it offensive. Yeah.

I too feel isolated .. maybe it's partly because of people like you .. and I am tired .. so tired. What I wouldn't give for a good day when I don't hurt anywhere or always have the C word on my mind. I want to be normal again, so much. I want my energy back. I want to go, do, be me again. And even if I can't have all of my energy back, I would at least like to have SOME energy. This is for the birds!

To whichever medical professional told me ( can't remember which, I've seen so many ) told me I may have cracked ribs in the future because of rads, I think you may be on to something there. I haven't gotten a cracked dx yet, but they sure by God ache like crazy and it's getting impossible to stand wearing even a stretchy bra for over a couple of hours.

Speaking of bras .. who in the world decided that they all have to be so hot and full of spandex now .. that's what hurts my ribs. Yes, I've bought bigger sizes, but as my breast swells during the day, they end up too tight anyway, right along my scar line and ribs. And they roll up at the bottom .. what the heck is that all about. And .. who decides which is an XL and which is a 1X .. I've compared them by holding them together and there really isn't much difference in the size as far as the width at the bottom. Wearing a wire bra like I used to is out of the question and I have to have stretchy because of the swelling. The Genie ones won't do for me. They may have worked out when I was 20. What's a well endowed girl like me to do!

Dx 8/4/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 28, 2015 01:09AM - edited Feb 8, 2018 05:33AM by meow13

This Post was deleted by meow13.

Jul 28, 2015 11:16AM kittysister wrote:

No, I haven't tried the Coobie one. I've tried Bali and some of the cheaper ones at WalMart. The pink bucket is very fitting!

Dx 8/4/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 28, 2015 01:46PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Look in the topic box. it's perfect     Thank you Meow :) sassy

Jul 28, 2015 02:24PM tangandchris wrote:

Jilly-to your co-worker that rolled her eyes...I'm so angry about this for you!! I have gotten a vibe from some of my co-workers that they are rolling their eyes at me too and while I think at times I'm too sensitive, I wouldn't be surprised if they were. ugggg I hate mean girls at any age.

My reconstruction with TE's failed...had them removed because of infection. I am still unsure of if or when I will try again. Dx 10/24/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/23/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 2/13/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 10/2020, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 11 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Scroll to top button