Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 2 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Jul 17, 2015 07:43AM queenmomcat wrote:

Italychick: rant read and sympathized with! i'm perilously close to the gorilla stage of hirsutism and the idea that chemo might not affect ALL of that would send me off into a tirade that scorched the entire cancer treatment center.

Oh, and I forgot: being forced to teal with the symptoms/effects of stress without being able to do bleep about the obvious solution: remove the source of the stress.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 17, 2015 10:44AM AussieElaine wrote:

breast cancer awareness, right, what about permanent damage the so-called treatment leaves, in my case surgery- lymphoedema, chemo- peripheral neuropathy, radiation-numbness and collateral damage to yet more lymph nodes. What about the financial impact, had to quit my job, cost of lymphoedema treatment and garments. No awareness of any of that. The life I had is gone and the life I thought I would have is gone and if one more person tells me that I should be grateful to be alive I will scream. Oh how could I have forgotten Arimidex- eating my bones

Oncotype 15.She needed a hero so she became one...seen on a t-shirt Dx 6/4/2014, ILC, <1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 6/4/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/20/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 6/20/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/15/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/10/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 12/26/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 17, 2015 12:07PM - edited Jul 17, 2015 11:48PM by Jazzi

Prior to bc I was very attractive, I had long hair... after bc... no hair, thinner hair; hiding what scarce hair I have under wigs... did I mention that "I HATE WIGS!!!!".. eyebrows barely came back, and when penciled in, rub off if I'm not careful!!!! ... had pubic hair (sorry)... not anymore... had beautiful long eyelashes... nada!!!!... Radiation treatments/surgery causing painful truncal lymphedema... numbness in toes/fingers from chemo... I have no confidence... These treatments/stress.... have aged me... I am only in my mid-50's but when people look at me they think I am over 70 years old (,,, and that is not really old to me, it's just not my age now!!!!)... If I had the money I would get a face lift, and not for vanity, but just to not look so old when I"m not there yet!!!!!! I would like a friend, but I am no longer attractive... but yet, I am still me "INSIDE... I am trapped and can't be me because people think I am trying to be younger than what they perceive me to be and I just want to scream at these rude creatures that "I AM FREAKING YOUNG... I AM NOT YOUR DAMN GRANDMOTHER!!!

YES, I am thankful to be alive, but quality of life matters too!... I want to live "OUTSIDE" again... Bawling

Dx 7/26/2006, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/26 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/26/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 17, 2015 02:14PM RaiderGirl wrote:

Neverland

God idea. This thread is like padded room in a loony bin. Scream all you want as neither you or anyone else will get hurt.

MY RANT:

I am not going to follow every sentence with "'I'm grateful ". The feelings of fear, anger, resentment, pain, financial worries, altered body image, fatigue, whatever has nothing to do with gratitude. Gratitude is like the house that is holding all the rest.

Next time I hear the gratitude comment I am going to blast them a new assh*le. The person with the cancer determines what they are grateful for and what degree of gratefulness they feel.

rant over

BC is an ugly , painful, scary disease and it can't be made better by wearing a cute little pink T-shirt. When I see a sea of pink in a BC walk I get even madder. Look how many have been hurt by BC and still no closer to a cure than a decade ago. Dx 6/26/2014, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 8/26/2014 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2014 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jul 17, 2015 04:37PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Hi folks, Raider nailed it. " This thread is like padded room in a loony bin".

YELLING and SCREAMING. Cursing(^$#)3%... or chit, forklift, mtfkr, drama encouraged, if it helps

Don't play nice, bust them in the chomps. Consider it therapy.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 17, 2015 05:07PM chevyboy wrote:

I'm sorry.... I don't mean to laugh, but you gals really have a great way of telling all concerned that WE GET IT! No-one else does..... What's UP with that? I can't rant to my Husband, or to my girls, I can just lay it all out for you guys.... We are supposed to be "cured" after 5 years! And maybe we are, but it still hurts to hear about you gals, and all you are going through.

I know it can come back.... no matter HOW much yogurt I eat, or how much Asparagus, or how much I cut down on sweetNlow! You girls go ahead and just let it all out.... We'll hold your hand.... and we'll all give a "THAT'S RIGHT! YOU TELL EM'" But even if it ain't cancer.... getting older, and maybe falling all over the place, or getting some other illness is pretty bad also.... We all NEED each other....

Thanks Sass!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 17, 2015 10:01PM MlynnNj26 wrote:

I'm angry! Mad! Pissed off! I don't want this disease! It's a wicked pisser. I try to stay positive but all I really want to do is cry! Everything with my elderly father and my daughter rests on me. Being strong sucks. I haven't had a relationship in years.., I'm lonely and afraid. There, I said it! My support system is strong, it's just not there in the middle of the night when I wake up and remember I have cancer..,when I just want someone to hold me, to wipe away the tears.

#Trust&believe

Jul 17, 2015 10:17PM - edited Jul 17, 2015 10:19PM by Beatmon

I never feel really good...and it pisses me off! Much less everything else all the ladies have mentioned. To top that off, I've not had much pubic hair since hysterectomy 25 years ago...now it is growing instead of the top of my head or eyelashes! WTH?

And don't tell me I'm brave and keep up my wonderful attitude, Really

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jul 18, 2015 01:22AM Rowan47 wrote:

Just found this great thread...just when I needed it!!! I have been flat (BMX no recon) for almost 4 years. Very happy with my body, although still have sad moments, at times. One of my besties came over today to moan about how she hates her boobs since she has lost weight. She said she hates having small boobs and doesn't feel "womanly" anymore so is considering going to Thailand for breast implants!!!! OMG why did she come to me to complain? Sympathy? Support? I told her that she is beautiful blah blah blah just as she is....actually felt like saying, "WTF? You're telling ME you are upset about your small boobs??" I don't know...what is wrong with some people??

Dx 2/16/2011, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 4/5/2011 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/26/2011 AT Surgery 8/18/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jul 18, 2015 02:16AM JJOntario wrote:

I will rant...for spending 10k after saving forever on a beautiful boob job and then getting diagnosed 10 months later. I will rant for losing 2nd base and not being able to feel my DH's hands when he touches me. I will rant about a MIL who asks me why I'm milking it by not being back to work full time yet, who worried about her son missing work while he drove his wife of 20 plus years to treatment and who told me to cut my boob off and be done with it. I will rant about the co worker who said her sisters cancer was worse than mine because I didn't have chemo and I will finish my rant by being truthfully honest and rant about trying to quit smoking and scream at the person who implied that it was the reason I got cancer. I'm just so tired of the drama and my health being the main topic of conversation!!! I'm sure I could think of more!

47yrs old. Oncotype Score 16. 43 at dx - existing implants. Basal cell carcinoma-2019 Dx 12/1/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/1/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 12/7/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2015 Radiation Therapy 3/29/2015

Page 2 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Scroll to top button