Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 302 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Apr 7, 2018 10:27PM meow13 wrote:

How horrible. You think I should know better at age 60, people are so unkind. What kind of a response does he think he'd receive. I need a permanent vacation, so mad I just got an email from the very person that told me the organization hasn't even looked at my application saying here is another thing you can do for us. Unreal what a slap in the face.

Apr 7, 2018 10:35PM Egads007 wrote:

Meow - email back and tell him to print and then where he can file his request! Sideways

"I base all my fashion choices on what doesn't itch" (Gilda Radner) Chemotherapy 3/19/2013 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 8/23/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right Radiation Therapy 10/31/2013 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 7, 2018 11:43PM kmajor wrote:

People are just rude these days that's for sure. I honestly didn't know what to say to him cause it just floored me that such ignorance came out of his mouth. People would stare when I was still wearing my caps and I would just smile and speak. The whole time I was thinking...OMG you would think these people never saw anybody with cancer before.

Dx 7/13/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/8/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 1/21/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/25/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 9/3/2018

Apr 8, 2018 12:22AM meow13 wrote:

kmajor, I am glad you told him, he should feel bad. I can't imagine what he expected your response to be.

Apr 8, 2018 12:27AM meow13 wrote:

I still am mad. Can't believe I am allowing it to get to me. I should do the treadmill tomorrow morning.

Apr 8, 2018 09:44AM Lula73 wrote:

Lita- maybe the $30 in the account was due to an error further up the line on fees that they took out that they have now refunded. Or maybe it was interest on the IRA that wasn’t deposited before you closed it out for whatever reason. I’d just call and see if they can mail you a check.

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 8, 2018 10:49AM notbrokenjustbent wrote:

I had a lot of pages to catch up with here. It was a good read and it sure is good to know I am not alone with my fears and my thoughts. While I am working hard to move on from BC and not dwell in the past or the future, every day I think about BC. Only you all can understand the fear that will never fully leave us. Thanks for reassuring me that I am not an over reactive self absorbed wacko.

Apr 8, 2018 04:37PM SheliaMarie wrote:

I am so tired of not feeling good. I haven’t had any meds in nine days, due to progression and awaiting chemo start. But I’ve felt increasingly bad all week! My underarm hurts worse than ever... unrelenting. And up the side of my neck hurts too. Of course this is all in the cancer side so I’m thinking the shit is growing rapidly in one single week. I just want to feel normal again

Dx 7/7/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/9/2008 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 8/7/2008 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/31/2008 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 2/1/2009 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 2/15/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 5/24/2017, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Targeted Therapy 5/24/2017 Kisqali Hormonal Therapy 5/24/2017 Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy 4/10/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/9/2018 Halaven (eribulin) Radiation Therapy 6/18/2018 External: Chest wall Chemotherapy 8/26/2018 Ixempra (ixabepilone) Dx 10/30/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs Dx 11/7/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 11/11/2018 External: Bone Chemotherapy 11/12/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Apr 9, 2018 09:52AM - edited Apr 9, 2018 09:54AM by vl22

I did a really good job of “hiding" from people during treatment when I was out and about - i just didn't feel like having to have the “cancer conversation “ every time I went to buy milk! Now, like kmajor, my hair is full enough where I feel good going out without a hat. My hair was very long prior to chemo. I think I look pretty good actually! Brows and lashes back, skin looks good etc. However, people who before would have recognized me look right through me! They have no idea who I am. It doesn't make me angry, but kind of sad, which I know sounds pathetic.

But then I went to a school function at the high school and a few people who normally would have caught my eye and exchanged a few words avoided me. I guess I was hiding for nothing. It just felt rather lonely

Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/14/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/10/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 1/10/2018 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/11/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 9, 2018 10:25AM mistyeyes wrote:

Swess- Sorry you are feeling so bad. Just wanting to feel normal again is a powerful statement. A lot of people don't appreciate that feeling 'normal' is like paradise.

VL 22- I was just telling my mom the other day that I don't recognize myself in the mirror. I feel like I look fine and some of my grand daughters like the short hair , but I don't look like me. I have had where they don't really recognize me and I had to go up and speak to them, they all said they just didn't recognize me with short hair and how different it made me look. Don't feel alone/lonely.....put on the red lipstick and get noticed!

IDC right- Stage IIA, Grade 3,ER-,PR+,HER2+ Dx 11/15/2016, Right, PR+, HER2-

Page 302 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Scroll to top button