Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 09:21AM - edited Aug 1, 2017 10:46PM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 09:21AM - edited Aug 1, 2017 10:46PM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 309 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Apr 21, 2018 08:35AM micmel wrote:

Jaycee~ no one always knows exactly what to say. But you reached out and cared. Now is your chance to tell her how you feel about her. I am also humbled by your sharing this with us. I am reaching out to all of you. We are really a sisterhood. I can feel your pain. Honestly. Strange. But true. Hugs to you and your amazing friend. Much love ~M~

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 21, 2018 08:45AM jaycee49 wrote:

Things are starting to come back to me now. I actually met her on another forum and she told me about BCO. I wouldn't even be here without her. Wouldn't have gotten all the info and support from BCO. We only PM'd a few times but she is just SO important in my journey. I hate that word. Sounds like a vacation. Some vacation.

I wrote her again. I hope I did better. What do you say? Oh, what I said in the first paragraph of this post.

Janet (dx with MS at 41, slows me down some) Dx 4/25/2014, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/4/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 8/4/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/4/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/1/2014 Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 2/14/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 3/25/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Targeted Therapy 3/31/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy 10/20/2020 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Apr 21, 2018 08:53AM micmel wrote:

Jaycee~anything you say is ok. You're showing kindness and friendship..... it's all we can do to support each other in the place I call shit stew. I'm glad she brought you here. She will be added to my daily strength thoughts. I'm not overally religious, but I care very much for people especially in the same battle or journey as I am in. Just being you, should be enough, IMO..... much love ~M~

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 21, 2018 11:26AM lorica wrote:

Jaycee I'm so sorry to hear that. I think it will mean a lot to her that you cared and reached out. Just knowing that someone was thinking about me was enough to help me get through some rough days. Big hugs to you.

IBC Stage IV de novo - mets throughout skeleton (bones & now bone marrow), liver, dozens of distant nodes, chest wall/pec muscle, skin, tumor in brachial nerves, thyroid, polycythemia from bone marrow involvement Dx 9/8/2017, IBC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/25/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/5/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/5/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/29/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Targeted Therapy Kadcyla (T-DM1, ado-trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Enhertu (fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan-nxki)

Apr 23, 2018 06:38PM bcincolorado wrote:

Agree. Some ladies have zero support other than here and to know someone is thinking about them can help brighten their day that might be really stinky.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing Surgery 1/6/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 27, 2018 12:58PM notbrokenjustbent wrote:

I have a rant. In the whole sceme of things it is small stuff but here it is. So I like happy uplifting animal stories so when on FB I click onto those. Guess I am thereafter in the system and it is known I love animals. I see a petition about an abused dog that was tortured, his ears cut off and thereafter disemboweled. They caught the freak and were looking for prosecution via a petition. I signed. Since then my email is filled with 20 animal horror stories a day and the email titles completely freak me out! I can't keep up with unsubscribing to all the influx of emails and now I have the "save our water", "save our air", "climate change", "mom in Uganda with no food for children" "civil rights violations", OMG.... everyone with a cause is up my butt! I had to delete my email. I kid you not, 50 emails a day and growing. THIS IS WHY NO ONE WANTS TO GET INVOLVED IN ANYTHING! What an idiot I was for signing a damn petition!!!

Apr 27, 2018 04:15PM Lita57 wrote:

I hardly ever go on Facebook anymore. I just got SICK and TIRED of getting blasted with all that crap. Don't do those silly quiz/poll things either (what Disney Princess are you?....etc.).

Apparently I don't have the correct version of Adobe on my computer. I was trying to complete one of those "fill in the fields" forms, and when I tried to send it back, it said I couldn't do it unless I signed up for the newer Adobe program, which one must PAY FOR first of course. I couldn't even save the completed form by another file name either. It kept prompting me that it will only save the "template" unless I go buy the upgrade where it will save your data in the file. I don't want to pay for the newer Adobe because I hardly ever use it, and I won't be around long enough to reap the advantages of the $$ spent.

I am supremely PO'd because I spent close to 3 hours typing the info into those fields because not everything could simply be copied and pasted from MS Word, but at least I have Word to fall back on. If I can't get this resolved. I'll just have to send the end user Word doc files, whether they like it or not.

Terminal St IV people shouldn't have to deal with this BS.

L

Stage IV De Novo, Occult, Amorphic. New Brain Mets Aug 2017. Now on Gemzar and Zometa. Dragged into an arranged marriage with Mr. Cancer that I didn't agree to, and divorce is forbidden. Grateful for however many GOOD days I have left. Dx 4/14/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/26/2016 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 5/14/2016 Chemotherapy 5/21/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 4/19/2017 External: Bone Dx 8/23/2017, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/5/2017 External: Brain Chemotherapy 10/10/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Apr 27, 2018 04:34PM marijen wrote:

Spam and phishing emails: Your email service provider should have an address to forward spam and phishing emails to so that they can lock future emails out. Also, if you move the emails to your junk or spam file, you can delete all at once, plus future junk or spam emails from the same source will fall into this file. Try to check all the options at your email to locate the spam/phishing forwarding addresses or the spam/junk folders. It depends on which email service you are using, so I can't tell you specifically. (if you just delete, you'll just keep getting them). And don't try to unsubscribe then when they get your unsubscribe they will know your email address is active. Same thing for telephone marketers, if you answer the call they will keep calling. You have to go to your phone account and block the number to make it stop.

Apr 27, 2018 08:16PM Lula73 wrote:

Lita-if you still have the document pulled up, try printing it to a pdf. You click file then print and select pdf file from the printer drop down box, then click print.. It will save it in pdf format. Then you can attach it, upload it, etc and it should do it without having to upgrade. Hope this helps!

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 27, 2018 10:50PM Lita57 wrote:

I already tried that.

DD says the file probably has an embedded command that the end user put in when it was created that DENIES that function...it just automatically boots you over to this other prompt that says if you want to save it in a PDF, send it, sign it, or any other function, you have to UPGRADE to the newer version that has all these other functions and apps.

DD is going to try and help me in the morning. She has the newer version of Adobe on her computer.

Thanks for your suggestions :>).

L

Stage IV De Novo, Occult, Amorphic. New Brain Mets Aug 2017. Now on Gemzar and Zometa. Dragged into an arranged marriage with Mr. Cancer that I didn't agree to, and divorce is forbidden. Grateful for however many GOOD days I have left. Dx 4/14/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/26/2016 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 5/14/2016 Chemotherapy 5/21/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 4/19/2017 External: Bone Dx 8/23/2017, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/5/2017 External: Brain Chemotherapy 10/10/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Page 309 of 1,035 (10,346 results)

Scroll to top button