Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 7 of 1,028 (10,276 results)

Jul 23, 2015 10:25AM - edited Jul 23, 2015 11:32AM by exbrnxgrl

This Post was deleted by exbrnxgrl.

Jul 23, 2015 11:16AM 208sandy wrote:

There's a thread for conservative conversation called "Mirror...... or something - suggest that's where political convos should go...and yes, the taxpayers in England pay for the Royal Family and not just their vacations!

Jul 23, 2015 12:02PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Sandy, I see most anything coming here. I intentionally wrote the topic box that way. Tried to cover all bases. I could be wrong. Time will tell. I do get that politics and religion are hair raisers.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 23, 2015 12:15PM Zoritsa wrote:

A quick family rant. Just because I had surgery 2 weeks ago, doesn't mean I can't do anything. Thanks to my sister for not asking me, or at the very least, my son (his cousin is the same age as him) to go to the beach to get out of the house. Yes, I can't swim, but I can put my toes into the sand too (thanks for posting pics on fb of that btw). And no, I don't want you coming over now that you feel bad for not asking. I will not be answering my phone today...and if that makes me juvenile, I don't care today.

Also, thanks to my dad's side of the family for not even reaching out. Now I know why I don't care for going to the family reunions. I'm thankful I have my mom's side and her friends.

Dx 6/23/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 8/11/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 23, 2015 01:13PM sas-schatzi wrote:

The one number in the first Obama term that I remember was Michele taking a European Vaca to the tune of 15 million. There weren't any meetings with anyone.

Jul 23, 2015 01:46PM - edited Jul 23, 2015 02:04PM by MargM

To the "friend" I ran into at the hospital, who the hell are you to say "if you're really as tired as you say you are ..." Maybe tomorrow I will feel better, but right now, I think pushing up daisies sounds good, so maybe next time we meet you can stick with the "you look great" bs, or better, pretend you didn't see me.

And to the the other "friend" who a few weeks ago, when I said I am too tired to be on call to work minimum wage in her shop, responded with "I think you just need to stop thinking about yourself" you can go to hell too. Now, I'm just thinking what kind of friends do I have and wishing I could move to the other side of the country.

ahhh, that felt good.

Chemotherapy 10/1/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/7/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 23, 2015 02:45PM - edited Jul 23, 2015 03:31PM by sas-schatzi

The numbers are all over. The one article gives a total of > 40 million for_______x trips.  Can't look up how many trips till after I post.  Found it. it was from the second article.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-vacation-taxpayer-cost/2012/07/19/id/445913/

http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/032515-745018-michelle-obama-travel-expenses.htm

"By one accounting, as of last July the Obamas had spent more than $44.4 million in taxpayer money on travel for 31 international trips lasting 119 days. For comparison, at the same point in his presidency Ronald Reagan had made 14 trips lasting 73 days."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-obama-criticized-as-modern-day-marie-antoinette-over-spain-vacation//

Kayb hey, don't mind a vaca, but if the numbers are right. Don't agree. Plus, so many have been outside the country, They're is a formula that can take that money and show how that money grows once it enters into the chain "Multiplier Affect". Basically, that 44 mill spent  is several times that amount b/c of all the spending around it. Not a good description but vague enough to not get me in trouble.. We made lots of money for others over the pond. Just b/c the president's press secretary says they paid their own way, tickets etc., doesn't say what the real tab is.

I googled "what is the average day in the life of the President" This was the best presented. The president has 100 staffers to make his work day work.

http://99u.com/articles/7223/how-barack-obama-gets-things-done

Jul 23, 2015 02:56PM movingsoccermom wrote:

So wonderful to have somewhere to share my anger. Family wants me to be positive. Well. Sorry, no where near that yet. Was FINALLY feeling more myself after about 10 years of dealing with peri/menopausal issues. Happy to have stable weight, even if it was high. Happy to be living with hubby (military assignment issues). Then the universe b....h slap---cancer. Mind you this is after my youngest brother had Hodgkins lymphoma, my Dad died of colon cancer, another brother had 12" of colon removed for pre cancerous polyps, and my sister had triple negative BC. W T H!!! And all tested genes normal. Are You Kidding Me?!?!?!?!

My heart goes out to all of you.

Dx 3/3/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/1/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/27/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 5/7/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs/other, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 23, 2015 05:53PM - edited Jul 24, 2015 08:48AM by sas-schatzi

Stop the Presses News Release. Change in Plan-----Per mods request Politics and Religion should go to alternate threads as appropriate. The Mod's felt that i is important to not dilute this thread. Sassy in response to the Mods request said " Okey Dokey". Topic box to be revised

Jul 23, 2015 06:39PM SuzyBlue wrote:

Hi Everyone, first of all I'm so sorry that so many of you have to face financial crisis while going through one of the worst experiences in life. It is so wrong! I'm incredibly grateful that our public health system in New Zealand covers everything without any costto us. Not saying it's a perfect system, often there are time delays and differences in the quality of service depending on where you live, but overall I'm very happy with the care I've received.

Now for the grumpy stuff lol - I've just had my seventh surgery in three years and feel battered and bruised, my emotions are high and I feel like I'm constantly pulled back into my 'cancer bubble' every time I have surgery, deal with the aftermath and have to go to more appointments. But for nearly everyone around me, it should be well and truly over and they don't want to hear or know that it isn't like that for me! I'm sorry that my trauma is boring old news to them! I don't wallow (maybe a bit when I'm recovering from more pain lol) and in fact I've stopped talking about it at all to most. Glad I have you folk who understand

Dx 12/21/2011, DCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes

Page 7 of 1,028 (10,276 results)

Scroll to top button