Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 9 of 1,030 (10,300 results)

Jul 24, 2015 04:04PM queenmomcat wrote:

Shoot, you stole my rant! This is why I haven't told many people yet....

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 8/31/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/9/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 24, 2015 04:23PM - edited Jul 24, 2015 04:33PM by justmaximom15

Came in here to rant but saw some stuff about COBRA and being that I'm a Benefits Administrator for my employer thought I would give some advice to those who might need it and not understand it.

COBRA is basically the law that allows you to purchase your exact same insurance coverage from your employer but the reason it costs so much more is that you don't have your employer kicking in the share they did when you or your spouse was an employee. Also, remember that each dependent has individual rights. Just because you were covered as your husband's spouse when he was employed doesn't mean that you BOTH have to elect coverage under COBRA. If you're the only one needing it elect in for yourself only for a cheaper rate.

Another tip, many hospitals/doctors are more than willing to pay for your COBRA premiums because they know that money is a sure thing for them. It happens all the time, so don't hesitate to ask.

Make sure you read the dates that you have to elect and pay. You have 60 days from the date of notification to elect coverage. You can then take an additional 45 days to pay for that coverage but if you do that then you have to bring all payments up to date. Also, there's a 30 day grace period each month to make your payment. Pay on time or you lose all rights.

Any specific questions. Let me know and I'll try my best to answer!!

Now, for the rant!! I have two FB friends who know what I'm going through and are constantly posting about the poisons of chemotherapy. One of them even went so far as to remark that if she ever got cancer, she would move to a MM state so she could skip chemo. Well, you know what - I have nothing against MM but until you are faced with this diagnosis you have NO idea what you will do. I think I could have found an oncologist that would have said chemo wasn't necessary but the one I have, I trust and I'm 47 yrs old and have lots of love in my life, kids that I want to see grow old and future grandkids to love on. I'm going to do everything I can to kick this crap out of my body!!

Dx 3/9/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 5/4/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/11/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 12/27/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 24, 2015 07:17PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Just What's MM, Do you mind if I cut & paste the cobra stuff to the gal(s) that talked about it? And give'em your name LOL, I know I could do it different, need to make it complicated....................Thanks though, insurance just sucks-SUCKS*(^E%&*(o. Travesty. and 44.4 million for vaca's and people are going broke. Not right. vGonna be 65 on the 30th(Oh yeah, YAY)....official non family vaca's b/c I was always thinking, spend only within your means----save save save. 5 official vaca's DBBF demanding attention BBL

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 26, 2015 06:56AM Jjj2013 wrote:

I feel like I am under bricks can breath pissed off! Hate life people suck. I cannot think of one person that I like today! Does anyone else feel like this-- does this pass-- I am done with treatments -- I should be happy-- I am miserable.. I cant stop crying.. I am tired I am sad I am not in a good place.., does anyone have any tips for me...

Jul 26, 2015 06:58AM Jjj2013 wrote:

I just want to punch them!

Jul 26, 2015 08:00AM - edited Jul 26, 2015 08:01AM by DinaLane

This Post was deleted by DinaLane.
Dx 7/2014, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 26, 2015 08:04AM DinaLane wrote:

I am new to this and tried to post to a specific remark from SelenaWolf about the shut the f up about the positive crap !! I actually laughed out loud! Which does not happen as much as it used to.

Dx 7/2014, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 26, 2015 08:29AM Simplicity wrote:

Great thread Sassy!

I know how you feel Zoritsa. My father isn't involved either and occasionally texts to see how I am. When I told him of my last treatment the 28th, his response was 'cool'. We haven't been close in ages. His wife and her kids became more important.

I tried to read through as much as I could. Hate some of you are going through so much in life on top of being a cancer fighter. Hope things calm for all of you!

I've been generally grumpy the past couple days. Single mom of 3; 21 b, 17 g, and 14 b, for the past 12 yrs. Kids have been great for the most part. Lots of arguing between the 2 youngest.

My dad has made little effort to be supportive, encouraging nor has he helped financially but he travels all over the US in his rig with Harley & classic convertible in tow :/ And slipped during a conversation, admitting to making a financial donation to some organization in his home state. Bleh.

I'm exhausted. Was hurting yesterday for some flippin reason. I hate watching these beautiful summer days go by and there's so little I can do, physically or financially. Medical bills are piling up. My electric bill skyrocketed because the only relief I can get chemo week is taking really hot bath and to do so, since my water heater is acting up, I boil water on the stove lol

No love life *sigh* I inadvertently posted about that in another thread (this GUI is a bit difficult to navigate). In short, I have feelings for a long distance friend. We've spoken almost everyday for the past 2yrs. I've gone to visit him and he's coming to visit me in Aug. He knows how I feel. His feeling aren't as advanced as mine. I feel a bit selfish for telling him but thought it better he knew prior to coming to visit.

Just seem to not do as good at reading or interpreting situations as I use to. A lot of things indicate/indicated he is/was interested as well. I think he's scared given the distance (6hrs) and he says he'd want to 'buy all in' and feels he couldn't.

My mom, she has her own share of health issues right now. Lives about 20 minutes away but rarely comes up to visit. Never has. Even before the health issues. Our relationship was always rocky. She had 3 strokes in March 2014 and since then, she has been sort of euphoric? A lot more supportive of me and my decisions. It's strange to know something to be a certain way for 41 yrs and then bam. And now that that's happened, she's having health issues :(

That's my rant lol The Prozac has me a lot calmer than normal. I've never taken med's like that before and my patience level has improved. My new motto is #whatthef**kever

Hope all enjoy their day!

Dx 3/31/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/20/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/4/2015 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 10/12/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 12/28/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 5/19/2016 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Jul 26, 2015 12:31PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Thanks Simplicity, I Pm'd you an the other newbies with a list of threads, I think are useful. Delete them if you have no need. Sorry we meet this way. I needed this thread so many times in the past. Someone really made me angry a couple of weeks ago---hence, this thread. In the list are some classic threads re: stupidity. Raidergirl's thread is linked in the topic box. YKYACPW AnecortesGirl's is a particular favorite. It's not as active as it once was. Maybe I'll bring back a few. Got the bottle o'wine going.

Jul 26, 2015 12:49PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Topic: The dumbest things people have said to you/about you

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/744439?page=306#idx_9171

Page 9 of 1,030 (10,300 results)

Scroll to top button