Topic: Why am I feeling like this?

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Apr 20, 2022 02:21AM

Posted on: Apr 20, 2022 02:21AM

annake wrote:

Yesterday I had my follow up onco visit after my first CT after surgery and treatment. I am in remission.

I am very grateful especially because I am a single mom to an 8 year old boy.

It feels like I should be super excited and jumping over the moon, but I just feel nothing.

Is this normal after this ordeal?

Dx 4/12/2021, IDC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 11/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Apr 20, 2022 05:11AM rah2464 wrote:

Annake it is normal to feel a whole range of emotions even exhaustion. You have been through an extremely stressful, terrifying ordeal so you are understandably tired of having to entertain any emotion. Your body and your psyche need rest. If you find you continue to feel flat or uninterested in other facets of your life, please talk to your MO. Certainly a lot of the treatment meds can cause some level of depression, in particular Tamoxifen.

I will be excited for you - very very thankful you had a clean CT.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/27/2018 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 20, 2022 06:50AM kbl wrote:

I’m sorry for what you’re going through. I wanted to say my brother is onTamoxifen and was having some depression. His doctor told him to take the B vitamins. He said he’s feeling much better. As was said, you’ve been through so much. Give yourself time to be able to enjoy things again.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button