We are 212,261 members in 82 forums discussing 151,836 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1101 of 1,102 (33,049 results)

Posts 33001 - 33030 (33,049 total)

Oct 5, 2018 05:47PM pingpong1953 wrote:

Are you kidding? I practically live at my dentist's office! I had a lot of problems at my last cleaning, lots of sensitivity, bleeding, etc. Now I'm using an antimicrobial mouthwash my dentist prescribed to try to get them healthy again. 

Dx 4/12/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/4/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/26/2018 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right

Oct 5, 2018 07:13PM - edited Oct 5, 2018 07:13PM by Amica

Oh pingpong1953 I'm sorry you've had these problems. I think most BC drugs can adversely affect our teeth and gums. My gums are sore, and one tooth has become super-sensitive and aches, and probably has a cavity, but I've afraid to schedule a dental visit because of neutropenia from the treatment I am on. It IS tough, you have my sympathy. I hope the rinse helps!

1998 at 39 Stage 2 IDC, 1/16 nodes, ER/PR +, HER2-,Gr 3, surgery, AC + Taxol, rads, oopher/hysterectomy, Tamoxifen, Aromasin completed 2010 - Aug 2018 metastatic recurrence Stage IV, ER+ PR- HER2-, Gr 3, Sept 2018 Letrozole/Ibrance

Oct 6, 2018 10:47AM IllinoisLady wrote:

We in the West don't think much in terms of balance, and obviously we should. Even the very thought of an exquisite union and balance of all our forces, both physical and mental, has a gentle, hopeful ring to it. . . . All of us must find a bridge between our physical and spiritual parts. When that balance is achieved, what a happy comfort for ourselves!

Edward J. Lavi

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 7, 2018 10:22AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There's nothing like a walk in the forest to clear my mind and get my spirit to calm down and slow down. Any time I get away from the mass of people and find a quiet, solitary spot in nature, be it in the middle of the desert, in the forest, on a beach, or even along a lonely country road, I feel myself being refreshed, revived, renewed. It's a wonderful feeling that I don't search out nearly enough.

tom walsh

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 7, 2018 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ah, Sunday, and it may rain. Lovely day yesterday celebrating with my Aunt who turned 100. Another Aunt ( this one by marriage ) came from Iowa. She is 93. Her longevity though is through her own family tree, though she was welcomed into ours no problem. She and my uncle only had one son and he was adopted. So my Aunt still lives alone in her duplex and has no wish to do otherwise -- like moving in with one of her remaining children. She has lost her husband and three children out of 6. So, good for her and for as long as things can remain as she prefers.

I start today taking care of my friend's cats till she returns from New Mexico later in the week. All good for me though I will go over twice a day. Used to be once in times past but her kits have changed some of their habits and need to have just a little more attention.

Having dinner with my cousin ( she and husband came from Calif. for the party ) and her husband at another cousin's house on Tuesday night. Sure will love that as we have all been wishing ( which she has talked about ) that she might decide to move home here. Anyway, not a super busy week necessarily but some things that I will really enjoy.

Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday.

Oct 7, 2018 11:07AM pingpong1953 wrote:

My teeth have had a whole lot of work done on them in my lifetime - my first memory is going to the dentist! I've spent a fortune on my teeth (and my parents before me) but I want to keep them for as long as I can. That's why I'm worried about taking an AI. If my bones start to go then I'll need the Prolia-type stuff, and although the chance of jaw necrosis with these drugs is very small, with my luck I'll get it. And how to I schedule my dental emergencies to only occur halfway between infusions? My DEXA scan last year was OK, but my mother basically died of osteoporosis and I've taken quite a lot of prednisone in the past 30 years so I'm at pretty high risk. Decisions, decisions.

By the way, happy Thanksgiving!

Dx 4/12/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/4/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/26/2018 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right

Oct 7, 2018 01:17PM Wren44 wrote:

I took anastrazole (Arimidex) for 5 years without any significant bone loss. You could try taking one and do a DEXA in a year to see if it's doing any damage. I would be reluctant to take the Prolia type stuff too. The jaw necrosis sounds really awful to me.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Oct 7, 2018 06:42PM carolehalston wrote:

Jackie, Happy Birthday to your aunt! How nice for you to get together with family members you don't get to see often. My DH loves Thanksgiving because we always go north to IL or IN for the holiday with a large gathering of his family.

I got a lot done today. First a trip to the supermarket. Then a stop at Belk's department store to exchange some blouses I bought for my mother. I needed a different size. There was such a good sale going on that I bought four blouses for myself.

Back home I spent the afternoon in the kitchen cooking some dinners to put in the freezer.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 7, 2018 11:24PM ChiSandy wrote:

Chilly, raw day--high about 60 degrees at the festival we played today. Mercifully, we were in an open-sided brick pavilion, which shielded us from the wind and the rain. We were also set up in front of a toasty-warm fireplace. Meanwhile it's pouring again (playing havoc with everything I'm trying to record on my DirecTV DVR--our backup cable is only expanded basic). Hoping that later airings will be during a period of no rain. It may be my imagination, but since AT&T took it over, "storm fade" is much more frequent on DirecTV than it used to be. And it's next to impossible to use my subscription on my computer--and I'm paying an arm & a leg for it.

Tomorrow? High of 85. Then by the end of the week, we'll be lucky to get up to 50. We leave for the Berkshires on Sat.--should be really chilly all week there, and most of the fall color will have been blown away by storms. It's gonna be a boring week. But Bob will be happy.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 8, 2018 05:36AM - edited Oct 8, 2018 05:39AM by Amica

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Pingpong1953 ! ...I promise I will also celebrate AmericanThanksgiving lol since I lived in the U.S. for many years.

The weather here is cooling off, I like cool weather :) Leaves just starting to turn.

1998 at 39 Stage 2 IDC, 1/16 nodes, ER/PR +, HER2-,Gr 3, surgery, AC + Taxol, rads, oopher/hysterectomy, Tamoxifen, Aromasin completed 2010 - Aug 2018 metastatic recurrence Stage IV, ER+ PR- HER2-, Gr 3, Sept 2018 Letrozole/Ibrance

Oct 8, 2018 12:23PM IllinoisLady wrote:

The worst thing in your life may contain seeds of the best.
When you can see crisis as an opportunity,
your life becomes not easier, but more satisfying.

Joe Kogel

Oct 8, 2018 12:39PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Great fall morning. Heard from my friend. Her car ( she knew something wasn't right but they wouldn't listen to her at her local garage/dealership ) is in the farthest western edge of Missouri getting a new alternator put in and then she said ( I would be demoralized too ) I'll just come back home. Thankfully she had a second excursion ( not nearly as far as New Mexico ) planned for the 20th. of the month so she will still get some vacationing done this yr. I sure hope the next vacation will go far more smoother. She will go back to the Smokey Mountains that she so enjoys.

Busy today with her house and pets as well as mine. Have to take my allergy dog back to the vet. All the things they told me to do for him have not worked out too well at all. Prednisone didn't do near enough though was a help for sure -- just ultimately only mildly, so inconsistent the minute the weaning off began that it almost seemed he had never taken any. The medicated baths once per week ( expensive shampoo ) did next to nothing so because the skin seemed to stay irritated ( yes, partly from scratching ) I had them switch to Oatmeal soap. Better there, but not what is needed apparently. I'm frustrated and hope Dr. Britt has something else up her sleeve.

My car goes back in tomorrow. This was work that needed to be scheduled but had the other more pressing upset with the wild computer and floor mat -- so I will get my stabilizer done tomorrow. Next will be the front brakes and some tires and also the part that started that downhill slide ( wild computer ) since the new one my husband put in was actually defective and the old one is there now --- working okay but not at the level it should work. This week feels something of a trial and its only Monday. I'm going to smile and power through I believe.

Oct 8, 2018 01:21PM Wren44 wrote:

Would a sweater or jacket keep your dog from scratching? I think after a while the scratching keeps it going. We had a cat at the shelter with sores on his back from allergies he'd scratched. Rather than a cone, they put a sweater on him. I don't know what kind of dog you have, so this might not work.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Oct 8, 2018 04:13PM carolehalston wrote:

Busy morning. I attended my WW meeting, drove home and gulped down a boiled egg to soothe my hunger, drove 30 minutes to Hammond for an appointment with my dentist's hygienist, then 30 minutes back home.

This afternoon I've sat in my chair in the living room on my computer with CNN on the tv.

No cooking tonight because dh and I are taking our neighbors, the Breaux, to dinner at a local seafood place.

And hour ago the sun was shining and it was raining! Today is another hot, humid day.

Happy Monday.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 8, 2018 04:51PM JoE777 wrote:

Carol, you live in a beautiful part of the country. We use to drive from Ponchatoula to Madisonville andMandeville to swim and watch boat races. Fond memories of white beach sand in pine forests along beautiful streams. Jo

Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 8, 2018 07:48PM IllinoisLady wrote:

That's a thought Wren though we are still pretty hot here. I've some new meds and new shampoo and am going to be checking back at the vet's every three days for progress reports. I also started him on fish-based no grain food. I put it in all the doggies bowls as Bill can't have any table food, any of his regular treats etc. We are ( along with the new meds ) trying to see if food and regimen changes will help.

I have to say -- he has only had a couple of the new pills and though there is some itching but it actually doesn't seem as intense. If that doesn't get us ( he will get more than one bath a week for a bit too ) going in a better direction there might be an adjustment that we could do then. It is going to get cooler, so wearing something is not out of the question.

Oct 9, 2018 10:02AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There is a quiet courage that comes from an inward spring of confidence in the meaning and significance of life. Such courage is an underground river, flowing far beneath the shifting events of one's experience, keeping alive a thousand little springs of action. -Howard Thurman

Oct 9, 2018 10:16AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Pretty morning here. This should be our last really warm day for some time. 86 which isn't horrid, but a bit closer to 90 than I like. My car goes back to the garage today, but I'll pick up Dh's truck ( which I hate ) and use it. He gets off at two and so we hopefully can get my car quickly after that. He has some things to do here so hopefully will get off when he is off. Usually hard to make that happen. We have the family dinner tonight.

I will be in charge of giving Bill his baths. Hope to get the first one done today. I'm anxious to see how it goes. He had his second dose of the new meds regime and though it is early to say, I'm still noticing what licking, itching he is doing has looked to be fairly minimal with a great lack of intensity. I'm hoping the bath may be the key to near stoppage of this behavior altogether. My pets are my kids still at home so if they are miserable I'm not so much in my happy spot either. Fingers crossed.

My friend got home last evening so while I'd be just fine with caring for her group today it is a blessing that it is not on my list. Today will be a bit full and anything I can skip just better for me. Hoping tomorrow and the rest of the week are really smooth. Turns out that after today all I'll need is new front brakes and new tires all around. I may have mentioned ( no idea why some Equinox's do and some don't ) that I will need low-profile tires when I get them. I'm told they are not as nice a ride and are a lot more expensive then regular tires -- sigh. As far as I know though the low profile may actually last a bit longer than regular ones. I'm going to have to check that out. It would make me feel better ( just a little ) if that is true.

Hope you all have a good day.

Oct 10, 2018 09:58AM carolehalston wrote:

I'm "home alone" this morning after cancelling on women's golf. The course condition today was Cart Path Only, which means very wet. No, thank you. I play golf for fun and a wet, spongy fairway is not fun.

So.... I have time to catch up on house work and laundry. Plus I plan to make some tortillas for chicken enchiladas. It's very easy with a simple cast iron tortilla press.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Wednesday.

Oct 10, 2018 10:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Among the humble and great alike, those who achieve success do so not because fate and circumstance are especially kind to them. Often the reverse is true. They succeed because they do not whine over their fate but take whatever has been given to them and go on to make the most of their best. -Sidney Greenberg

Oct 10, 2018 07:59PM Anneb1149 wrote:

Hi all,

Robyn I had Her+2 (x3) the x3 mean I had 3x the average number of cancer cells. I will be glad to share my experience with you re Private messages if you want.

Well ladies, if you remember I am on my summer trip. It's me, so I'm sure you can guess, it is not quite going as planned.Flight to Atlanta was fine. My SIL had made an appt to take my Georgia car in the first Tues I was there because the check engine light wouldn't turn off, even after the oil had been changed. We left it there and they called saying my intake manifold flap was stuck in the open position. Have no idea what that means, but they wanted almost $1000 since my warranty had expired. Long story short, I ended up taking the car to a Hyundai dealer while with my son near Charlotte and it didn't cost me a penny. The daughter I live with is the warranty coordinator at her job, a construction truck place. She figured out that the manifold is part of the power train 10 yr warranty. That's the good news. Bad news – I needed 2 filters and 2 tires. About $700. The day before I left Charlotte to my brother in Fayetteville, I got laryngitis, which has turned into bronchitis.

This is where the "fun" starts. My brother insisted it was only an 8 hr drive to my sisters- turned out to be 12 hrs, which doesn't count the 45 minutes or so when we stopped to have lunch with his girlfriend in Baltimore. We didn't get to my sister's till about 8:30. I got out of the car, grabbed 2 pillows and started toward my sister's door. Within 10 seconds, I was face planted in the sidewalk. Scraped my face a little, but thought that was the extent of the damageBy Sun (we got here Sat night), my bronchitis had gotten much worse, and the pointer finger of my left hand was swollen and very red. Headed to an urgent care on Mon. I left there with an antibiotic, cough medicine, an inhaler, and told to get Claritin and take it for a week. And I had a splint on my finger, with orders to come back the next day for X-rays. I was relaxing and watching TV on my iPad, and kept realizing that my left eye was closed most of the time. I looked in a mirror, and the left eye was swollen almost closed. I had been keeping my kids updated on what was going on, and I decided to take a selfie to show them. I was shocked at how red it was. So, back to Urgent car the next day for X-rays of my finger and my eye. Finger was definitely broken, right where the finger meets the palm. Bigger brace and wrapped with orders to see an orthopedic Dr ASAP. I have an infection in my eye, which could be just because with the bronchitis, my immunity was compromised, or something got in it when I fell.

Saw orthopedist today- my finger (and the one next to it) is splinted with a splint they make specifically for your hand. The good news is that I can take it off to shower. Bad news, it will be on for at least 3 weeks, and I have to make an appt with a hand specialized Ortho Dr. no more than 3 weeks from today.

So, at this point, I have seen nothing except my sister's apartment and Dr Office's. I have not seen any of the people I came to see. Plus I can't do much with my finger splinted and I am having incredibly awful coughing spells.

My big issue is that I don't think I can drive my Car, which is fine while here, but don't know how I am going to get from Fayetteville to Charlotte to Atlanta on my own, to get my car back where it belongs, I can't grab the steering wheel, and also cannot drive one handed for 3 or more hours straight. Making it worse, it is the arm with the lymphedema that I would be driving with. I am leaving my brother in Fayetteville to pack his car, then he will meet me in Atlanta for the ride back to FL.

One other bright side (really hard to find right now) my kids have a seven way text conversation going. They haven't done that in years.

Hope you all are having better days than I am.

Anne

Dx 9/25/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/9/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/27/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 11, 2018 08:40AM carolehalston wrote:

Goodness, Anne. Glad things aren't worse than they are.

It's COOL here this morning! Yay!

Off to the gym in a few minutes. Later I plan to visit a golf friend who moved during the summer and is no longer a member of our women's golf group. She moved about 20 miles to a different golf community. After seeing her new "garden home" and visiting a while, I will proceed to the nursing home and accompany my mother to bingo. Yawn. It does get boring sitting through bingo sessions. The number calling is slow, to accommodate older folks who don't hear well and often don't pay attention.

With that said, it's good for the nursing home residents to have something to do besides sit.

Have a good Thursday.

Oct 11, 2018 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Be of good cheer.Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow.You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost. -Helen Keller

Oct 11, 2018 10:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Oh Anne.....it was so good to hear from you, but for you when it rains it just pours and pours. These times in life are when I wish I had tons of money. If I did I would buy a plane ticket for a driver for you and send them to where you are. I too am glad things are no worse. I know its always possible but I'm trying not to think of that. You do work hard to get all your kids dealing/texting with each other.

I wish I had something to offer more than I paltry I care.

It is by the way quite cool here ( first day of it ) and will be about 58. Nights will start getting quite cool as well. I think the a/c will go off and we may be turning on intermittent heat. We are not much gentling into it which is my preference. Don't know if we will get a 'warm' Indian Summer spell as yet or if something we have already had will have to pass for that. Wait and see.

Hoping we are not going to have a bummer winter and that is something to that we may find only shows at the last minute.

Oct 11, 2018 12:59PM Anneb1149 wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for the good wishes, Carole & Jackie. Since my posting yesterday I have re-evaluated my feelings about all of this, and decided I can be happy that it is only a finger broke, not a hip or arm or leg. Even the eye issue- it is an ordinary infection- I am not in danger of losing my site. And I am blessed to be with my sister and brother- my brother drives me anywhere I need to go, and my sister is helping out whenever I need- like fixing meals, making my bed, filling my water bottle.

Jackie - your idea of hiring a driver has given me an idea. Like you, I can’t afford to hire a driver, but I can ask my youngest son to fly to Fayetteville and get me back to Atlanta. Not only would it help me, but he would get to see his brother and sister and 2 nieces and nephews. And he has a very close relationship with my brother and his kids. ( he went into a deep depression the fall after graduating HS- all his friends went off to college, most on basketball scholarships, which he deserved but didn’t pursue, and his girlfriend broke up with him- he begged me to let him go away “somewhere” till he felt better. My brother was the only option I could come up with and he went to Fayetteville for 6 months- came back with a whole new attitude). He would get a chance to see my brother’s kids as well. Thank you for putting that idea in my head.

I am heading back to the orthopedic I saw yesterday - they splinted 2 fingers and one of the edges is poking in to the not broken finger

Anne

Dx 9/25/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/3/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/9/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/27/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 11, 2018 02:10PM Puffin2014 wrote:

Anne, hope it works out that your son can drive you.

We had our first snow yesterday, early even for us. Although Fargo got enough to cover the grass, our streets have melted already. Interstate isn't good though, travel was 30 mph. Grand Forks, 70 miles north of here, got 14 INCHES of snow, and I heard somewhere else got 17. Leaves have been falling, and those that are in the street have clogged the drains which is causing some street flooding. Temps in the 50's are predicted for later this week so hopefully I can pull up the rest of my frozen annuals then and get some more raking done. Hope the next snow holds off for awhile as there are lots more leaves to fall and it would be nice to be able to get them raked yet this fall.

Dx 5/23/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/17/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/13/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/10/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 12, 2018 10:21AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before--more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.

Charles Dickens

Oct 12, 2018 10:28AM IllinoisLady wrote:

It is a crisp fall day out of doors. There should be some sun so it will feel much better. I have placed my long pants and sweatshirts back in the closet. There may be a few days when they could be a bit on the warmish side, but not too many. I do keep some long sleeve shirts for that. I also have sweatshirt jackets so whatever it takes I'm ready.

Glad to be welcoming Friday. I made a big pot of chili - my first of the season for supper last night. Dh was on late schedule ( as he is today as well ) to a sm. salad and another bowl of chili ( we put corn chips and shredded cheese on top ) will get us through supper tonight too.

Some of you are getting pretty cold now. I heard a weather report for Chevy's state ( Colorado ) and while I don't know is she will get it, there was going to be some snow. I hope you are all going to have a good day and will stay warm if its cold or the other if that is how it is going for you.

Oct 12, 2018 06:28PM carolehalston wrote:

Yum. Chili is such a good meal for cold weather. I am making pizza tonight, including the crust. Actually most of the work is already done.

Today was a perfect day. Started out cool, in the 50's, warmed up into the 70's. Low humidity. I played golf at 8:30. Then home to lunch. Then grocery shopping and prepping dinner.

Now watching the news and sipping a vodka martini.

Hope everyone had a good Friday.

Oct 12, 2018 07:33PM Anneb1149 wrote:

Our weather today in upstate NY was absolutely amazing. When I woke up this morning, it was chilly and I was conflicted about whether I wanted to get out of bed or stay cozy and comfy right where I was. As usual, my bladder made the decision for my. My guess (I am not a weather watcher) is that it was in the 60’s and sunny and clear. There is such a difference in the air here and in FL. I had a long sleeve sweater top on, which was quite a treat, and I was not too cold outside or too warm inside.

Tomorrow, my brother has mapped out a 3 1/2 hour drive that will take us to about 6 places where the leaves are known to be outstanding. We are checking the weather to make sure it won’t be raining. He took my car today and went to visit a friend that had come to visit him in FL last winter. He called me on his way back to let me know that the check engine light was blinking. When I had the manifold replaced, the guy told us not to worry if that light was on, but if it was blinking, take care of it as soon as possible. It was blinking. My nephew works at an AutoNation and said he could read the code. Good news was it wasn’t the check engine light, it was the tire pressure light. Bad news ? - while checking it, there was a pop and I no longer have a working radio. The backup camera (just replaced) is working as is the Navi and the clock. Can’tbelieve there is another problem after no problems at all for 5 yrs.

Jackie, based on your suggestion yesterday, I texted my son about flying to Fayetteville to drive the car back to Atlanta, and he said “Sure” - as long as his wife (who is in China on business) is home those days to take care of their 2 dogs. My sister asked if I wasn’t going to call my brother’s DIL to ask if my son could stay there. My brother and I both said no, we would of course let her know he was coming, but didn’t need to ask permission and my sister got very upset. She just doesn’t understand the relationship between my family and my brother’s family. We all understand that there is an open invitation between all of us that visits are welcomed and enjoyed no matter what day or time one of us gets the chance.

That’s all from my corner of the world for now

Anne

Page 1101 of 1,102 (33,049 results)