We are 222,740 members in 81 forums discussing 156,886 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1129 of 1,163 (34,864 results)

Posts 33841 - 33870 (34,864 total)

Mar 11, 2019 10:24AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Warm today and no rain, but hopefully some sun will find its way out of the clouds later. First day today of the Next class. I'm looking forward to it. I'm told there are new books. Well, the old books were hard to read so I hope these are easier with a bit more defined explanations. We/I usually added a lot of fill in materials during class. We will see later, but I'm betting they are a lot better. We also got a lot of 'handout' papers to go along. I'd like to think some of that would be in the book now and not so many 'accessory pages' to try and keep up with all the time.

I also will have a little sitting ( cat ) job to do as well. That won't be difficult. I won't work again till May, but will do my doggie friends then -- twice. So, a bit of a chance to restore my checking account cushion. We are doing okay this yr. with income tax but much of that was the former employer not changing ( told three or four times ) status when we no longer had to pay taxes from not making enough money. Well, though we had to wait for it, that comes back to us.

Hoping for a fantastic day and glad to be getting back to regular exercising. I have not worked that in this winter but sure should have. I will be basically starting all over and that is the first time in a long time I've let things go so much.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 11, 2019 01:13PM Wren44 wrote:

The WA house just voted to stay on daylight savings year round. I don't care either way, but it would be really nice if it didn't change. Maybe let the cows decide which is best. It's light so late here in the summer that every parent has blackout curtains. And in the winter it doesn't get light till 8am and is dark at 4pm. If you don't get out at lunch you don't see daylight for weeks. Changing the time is disruptive to my inner schedule. Not sleeping well at night yet.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Mar 11, 2019 01:29PM Beaverntx wrote:

Not really upset by the time change but would love to just stay on DST! I really dislike that when we "fall back" it is dark when I have to go to an evening meeting. Unfortunately, the talk here in Texas is to do away with DST and always be on so called standard time.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 11, 2019 03:51PM carolehalston wrote:

DH and I adjust fairly easily to the time changes. But we don't have to get up and go to work.

A/C on today. It's very humid.

DH is doing his prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Not good for someone with "control" problems. He had sworn off any future colonoscopy procedures but his sister just learned she has a cancerous polyp.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 12, 2019 10:40AM IllinoisLady wrote:

What we are talking about is learning to live in the present moment,
in the now. When you aren't distracted by your own negative thinking,
when you don't allow yourself to get lost in moments that are gone or
yet to come, you are left with this moment. This moment--now--truly is
the only moment you have. It is beautiful and special. Life is simply a
series of such moments to be experienced one right after another. If
you attend to the moment you are in and stay connected to your soul and
remain happy, you will find that your heart is filled with positive feelings.

Sydney Banks

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 12, 2019 10:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

We will have some rain this evening I think. Compliments of the warmer weather that has set in. It will fluctuate as always between 20 to 30 degrees on a lot of days while we wait for a more consistent Spring. This is all the lead-up. So, it will be back and forth, but we hopefully ( though we have been known to get freak snows ) will start the process of welcoming all that will get us to summer. I can do this.

Going to meet my friend for lunch and get her key so that I can see after her cats while she is gone. It will be nice. Glad that it will be DST for this. I don't go late -- I will do it in the morning, but my thought is that I will feel more like working later in my day to make up for the time I will spend in her town. She is not too far from me although she is two little towns away, but as always -- doing anything different will break up my work schedule a bit -- so the extra light will encourage me ( even if I move slower ) to finish up any projects started.

I hope you all have a fantastic day.

Mar 12, 2019 04:18PM keywestfan wrote:

Just went for a second opinion on lumpectomy scheduled for this Thursday, March 14.Wonderful Dr.Kevin Bethke , Chief of Staff, Northwestern Hospital Agrees completely with first BS - lumpectomy, no chemo, no radiation, Arimidex for 5 years. The lightness of this is because of my being 84. Told to have the lumpectomy, stop the Arimidex if SE too difficult and I will definitely not( because I 'm already so old) die of this. First time I've relaxed and felt hopeful in 2 months..

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/23/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Mar 12, 2019 04:47PM nanette7fl wrote:

keywestfan...that is good news!! Nothing like being able to BREATHE with ease!! ((hugs)) Good luck with the lumpectomy on Thursday will be keeping you in prayers

~Nanette Dx 10/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 12/5/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/5/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 3/1/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/2/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 6/30/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Mar 12, 2019 05:07PM keywestfan wrote:

Thank you so much, Nanette7fl.I’ll count on your prayers

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/23/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Mar 12, 2019 05:35PM - edited Mar 12, 2019 05:38PM by ChiSandy

YAY, keywestfan! Bethke is great--he did my Bar Show castmate's excisional biopsy (for all intents & purposes, lumpectomy) for ADH and put her on Arimidex for five years as a preventive measure. So nice that your treatment will be "one and done," with only a pill after the surgery. "No radiation" means 16-33 days in your life that won't get ruined by driving back & forth for treatments. Take each of those days and schedule something that brings you joy!

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 12, 2019 05:55PM Tappermom383 wrote:

Best of luck to you this Thursday, keywestfan! I echo the other ladies' sentiments - good on you for getting this over with quickly. I've found Arimidex (anastrozole) to be more than tolerable - a few SEs but nothing major. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday!

MJ

Diagnosed at 70 after four excisional biopsies over the course of 47 years. MammaPrint came back Low Risk. DexaScan: osteopenia. Cancer removed was 1.8 cm. Dx 3/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/22/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/17/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 12, 2019 06:11PM keywestfan wrote:

ChiSandy and Tappermom383,

Thank you for helping me with all this- with your thoughts and the possibility of joy. Bethke was so positive and it is the first time in 2 months I haven’t been a complete wreck. He also said that David Winchester who will do the lumpectomy is a great surgeon. I feel relieved- we’ll see what Thursday brings

Mar 12, 2019 06:23PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Nothing I can add so I'll just rejoice with you keywestfan. So glad to hear that you don't have to face a long drawn out treatment and can 'be done' with this 'scare' sooner rather than later.

Mar 12, 2019 06:30PM Beaverntx wrote:

keywestfan, fantastic news. Now you can take time to enjoy life again. Thinking of you on Thursday. Take care and let us know how it gors.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 12, 2019 09:15PM - edited Mar 12, 2019 10:56PM by ChiSandy

keywestfan, if it's on your way home from Evanston Hospital, treat yourself to some killer pie at Dollop (Chicago 2 blocks s. of Main). I suggest (if they have it) the Passionfruit Meringue or Smores.

Yesterday I decided to get ready for my upcoming trips (NOLA this weekend, Amsterdam & Israel end of March/1st wk. of April) by upgrading my iPad. I have a few old ones (a 2014 Air, a 2011 Mini and a 2013 Mini 3 with cellular) that don't hold a charge very long, and have been using them for the bathrooms and kitchen. Last year I bought the 10.5" Pro, with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Folio, and it's been my travel "laptop" ever since. (Nice not to schlep the actual laptop, and the Pencil lets me scribble notes at lectures & seminars without amassing & having to save legal pads). But the problem had been that I'd chosen the wi-fi-only version, figuring I'd use the Mini 3 (Verizon) and my phone (AT&T) to "tether" as mobile hotspots if I couldn't find free &/or trustworthy wi-fi. Thought I had it all figured out--I was sooo clever.

Let me tell you what a PITA (and I don't mean Middle Eastern pocket bread) that was: had to carry the Mini 3 with me, along with my iPhone, because I needed to maximize available data on both carriers' plans w/o overages*--plus the iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, accessories, yada yada. Picture me sitting on a hotel room bed with the iPad Pro with keyboard on my lap, with the Mini and phone scattered about within range...and needing 3 USB ports to plug all of the stuff in. (Not to mention Bob plugging in his Kindle and iPhone). And last year's Pro had no place to park the Pencil, so I had to use a clear plastic shell around the back of the Pro with a clip to hold the pencil. That Apple Pencil charges via Lightning, so I couldn't charge it and the Pro at the same time w/o buying another adaptor...and therefore, needing yet another USB port or outlet to acccommodate a charging cube. Then there was the pencil case to hold the Apple Pencil, rear cap, tip protector, charging attachment & cable, yada yada. The plastic clip didn't hold the Pencil very securely, either--and the combined weight & dimensions of the Pro, its rear shell, the Smart Keyboard and (insecurely) attached Pencil were about the same as my actual laptop (sans clamshell protector).

So when the 11" iPad Pro came out, I read a lot of reviews and decided to get it: even though I had to buy a new Smart Keyboard folio (the magnets that dock it to the tablet are in a different place) and Apple Pencil (the old one won't work with the new Pro). But even though the 11" model's screen is bigger, its dimensions are smaller and weight lighter than a "naked" 10.5", and much smaller & lighter than the 10.5" model with accessories attached. The new Pencil charges by magnetically attaching to the rim of the tablet--and stays much more securely than the old Pencil did in the clear shell's clip. Only downsides are no "home" button, which means FaceID instead of fingerprint sensor, and charging via a USB-C port & included short cable instead of Lightning. (Both Pros lack a headphone jack, since most users now prefer Bluetooth, but the iPhone's Lightning earbuds work with the earlier Pro). I am a comparative dinosaur). My Lightning cables will still work with the iPhone, but I had to pop for a USB-to-headphone-jack adaptor so I can use old-fashioned earbuds rather than burn through the battery in my AirPods (which I have linked to my Apple Watch).

(Sorry if I'm losing the tech-averse here--I still can't believe I understand all of this at 68).

And most importantly, the new 11-incher has cellular. All I had to do was swap out the generic SIM card with the Verizon SIM from the Mini 3, and confirm with Verizon that the cellular data number ported over. I mentioned offhandedly to the salesperson that I guess I'd have to find somewhere to give away the Mini 3. She typed in its serial#, and said "Well, you just saved yourself $175...unless you'd rather have an Apple Store gift card." I took the trade-in offer. Meanwhile, I looked up Apple's buy-back program when I got home--and I'm getting $70 for the iPad Air and $30 for the original 2011 Mini. Of course, those will have to be gift cards, but I could give them to Gordy if he wants more accessories for the MacBook Pro he's buying with the Apple gift card we gave him for Christmas. (Or I could always use them for replacement cables & accessories).

So the 10.5" Pro will be seeing kitchen "cookbook" and bathroom "library" duty...unless I get tired of it and decide to cash it in, too. I think the salesperson said I could get upwards of $400 for it. Alas, the old Apple Pencil & Smart Keyboard Folio are not eligible.

--------------------

* A data horror story: when I visited Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Seville) with the Bar Assn. in 2015, I flew business class on Iberia because it wasn't much more expensive than Premium Economy. One of the perks along with our free tapas & sherry was a little gift card for 250MB of onboard wi-fi. The forums I frequented back then were Bonesmart.org and the Acoustic Guitar Forum (not having yet been diagnosed with bc, I didn't know of BCO). When airborne, the wi-fi signal kept cutting in & out, so I gave up and put both my iPad Mini 3 and me to sleep. When I arrived at my Madrid hotel, I got an e-mail billing me for $250 for in-flight wi-fi overcharges. I hadn't read the fine print to buy another block of data, nor did I realize that unless the tablet was completely turned off, it would remain online; so I racked up that overcharge MB by MB--my tablet remained technically online because I hadn't turned off the wi-fi when I turned off the tablet and it was merely "asleep" despite its cover being closed. Never again.

And on that earlier cruise, I kept getting nasty messages from Verizon that I had exhausted my travel data (a paltry 3GB for two weeks' use), and racked up some overcharges--though nowhere nearly as humongous as the one I'd incur on Iberia three years hence. I learned my lesson and between my current AT&T and Verizon int'l day passes, I get up to 500MB per day on each, for $10 per day of use. Last year in Rome, I didn't hit that daily cap on either the AT&T phone and Verizon tablet,

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 12, 2019 09:27PM - edited Mar 18, 2019 07:26PM by jo6359

This Post was deleted by jo6359.
Dx 1/29/2018, DCIS, Right, Stage 0 Dx 1/29/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 2/15/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 12, 2019 10:08PM keywestfan wrote:

It is so wonderful for me to have all of you. In 1969, when I was 35 and had a misdiagnosed and aggressive cancer of the cervix, a radical hysterectomy, surgical menopause, etc., I was so completely alone with it- was forbidden by family and, to some extent, society, to mention the word, cancer. It is so great to be able to talk freely, to have our community, to be here for one another.

ChiSandy, I will certainly stop at Dollop for Passionfruit Meringue. I, too, am a techie and thinking of requesting an iPad Pro for my birthday.

Still a little scared about Thursday, but feeling so much better than I have been.

Mar 12, 2019 10:37PM ChiSandy wrote:

I used to have the first iPad to offer cellular (Verizon), and on my Mediterranean cruise I decided not to bring a laptop. The wi-fi on the ship was iffy, and unlike with our river cruise three years earlier, cell service away from ports of call was even iffier. (Verizon, in fact, did not even include a special cruise ship data plan). I did use that iPad mostly as a higher-res camera, and the photos would go to iCloud so I could access them from my iPhone. Sprint & Verizon phones are CDMA, which for a long time was an architecture incompatible with int'l use; AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM, which is worldwide.

The reason I have two carriers was that in order to get an early iPhone (3GS) when the smartphones I used on our Sprint family plan (which Gordy uses) kept freezing & crashing, I had to get AT&T because it was the only carrier available for the iPhone back then. I also gave up on Sprint personally because despite it having unlimited data, there were infuriating dead zones even in Chicago. I used a Samsung Galaxy S3 in my car for the sole purpose of GPS navigation and internet radio (XM's "The Village" folk music channel, which was dropped from satellite and exiled to online-only due to the small labels and indie artists refusing to join the major labels' agreement to accept low royalties. Of course, XM insisted it was because "nobody listens to folk"). But every time I'd enter a dead zone, when I'd emerge I'd have to reboot the GPS and XM apps. The GPS dropping out often caused missed turns and exits, and rebooting XM required me to find some place to pull over so I could re-enter my user ID and password. Huge PITA. Gordy uses the Sprint account.

In Europe, Bob's phone was on Sprint--paid for by his practice. I was surprised that even though it was CDMA, he and I were able to call and text each other just fine when we'd go off on separate walks. However, in 2017 Advocate Christ Hospital made all its doctors switch to Verizon, in order to use Advocate's proprietary pager app. So he got a Verizon iPhone 8 to replace his Sprint iPhone 6.

So why did I add Verizon? I used to travel extensively throughout the Northeast, upper Midwest & Mid-South when I was a touring musician--and a LOT of my driving was in rural areas where only Verizon had coverage (including the studio way downstate where I record). When I had some repeated spontaneous screen-cracking issues on that iPad, I switched its Verizon account to first a mobile hotspot (which was a disaster) and then the iPad Mini 3. And I keep AT&T for my iPhone 8 Plus not only because it's dependable here & abroad but because I was able to negotiate a lower monthly fee for DirecTV when AT&T took it over.

Mar 12, 2019 11:01PM ChiSandy wrote:

keywestfan, best of luck Thursday--and be good to yourself! (If you don't want to order your iPadPro online, I suggest the Apple Store in Old Orchard. Next door, Williams-Sonoma sometimes puts out samples of stuff to taste, just like Costco on weekends. Five doors down is the Nespresso Boutique, where you can taste the coffees for free--even a cappuccino or latte.

Mar 13, 2019 07:42AM keywestfan wrote:

ChiSandy- I believe you are a tad more food oriented than I am.I’m more the Due’s, Pequod’s type. I love your suggestions though and will try. IPadPro will be a gift from my son- he’ll probably order online, but maybe when I tell him about Nespresso, he’ll run to Old Orchard. I used my iPhone X on an Aegean cruise lasr summer but screwed up the International Data Plan and pad way way too much.,How world I be good to myself on Thursday? By staying in bed, reading, not fretting about exercise? Things like that?

Mar 13, 2019 10:13AM IllinoisLady wrote:

No one can give a definition of the soul. But we know what it feels like. The soul is the sense of something higher than ourselves, something that stirs in us thoughts, hopes, and aspirations which go out to the world of goodness, truth and beauty. The soul is a burning desire to breathe in this world of light and never to lose it--to remain children of light.

Albert Schweitzer

Mar 13, 2019 10:37AM - edited Mar 13, 2019 10:37AM by IllinoisLady

Sandy, and others, I'm chuckling to myself about the I-pads and other 'data' of which I am pathetically clueless. I nearly didn't 'learn' the computer. We didn't get our good ' first ' one until shortly before moving back home here in 1997. I was sure I'd do something hideous to us and our expensive it seemed then, purchase and melt it into some puddle -- a total goner all because I attempted to use it. Obviously I got over the panic I often felt just looking at 'our' computer. It is very important to me now, and I marvel at anyone who can flit through descriptions of electronic equipment and accessories. That said, while I'd likely love it, if I could get through it all, I am able to listen to all the descriptions and be all the more grateful that I have my 'own' ( Dh has his own ) computer and that over time I have taught myself to do the things that I am able to do with it. It is not much, granted, but it is more than enough for me since it is my capabilities overall that undergo limits. I do love reading that others are not challenged much at all. It is our differences a lot of times that foster the best in each of us and so I enjoy hearing about it even if I can't seem to do it. Same for those who travel for bird watching or whatever. I get to go along to places I wouldn't get to go save for the willingness to share here.

I love food too, but I confess Sandy that often what you describe is a bit over my head. Coming from ( born and grew up in a tiny town of on a good yr. 200 people ) a very small place the things I learned to love were mainly handed down recipes generally passed through our entire lg. family. I still love them though I did branch out a fair amt. more as an adult. Again, I love hearing about it even if it unlikely that I'd ever be someplace to try it. Variety is after all the spice of life and I have ( or did, til' I condensed way down ) 4 spice racks in my kitchen.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Saying hi to Anne, Puffin, Joan, Carole and anyone who doesn't post daily. I hope you all have a marvelous day.

Mar 13, 2019 10:56AM carolehalston wrote:

Jackie, I really like the quote about living in the moment. That's my goal but I seldom attain it.

Keywestfan, wishing you the best. Of your surgery options, the lumpectomy is probably the easiest and recovery is usually uncomplicated. I'm a Key West fan, too!

DH and I turned off our reading lights at 10 pm last night. I slept until 8 am this morning and he didn't get up until 8:45. That's a lot of hours of sleeping! We were making up for lost hours night before last when he was doing his prep for a colonoscopy. I'm thankful to report that nothing scary was discovered. We're both very relieved.

I will be visiting my mother today and delivering some clean clothes.

Happy Wednesday to all.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2019 01:08PM Wren44 wrote:

Keywestfan, Something more rewarding. Think cupcake, ice cream cone, flowers, taking time to read and nap, etc. They won't want you to do a lot of exercise for a few days. Take some time to heal. We all tend to overdo it and regret it later. So TLC for a few days and then you'll be right as rain.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Mar 13, 2019 01:23PM keywestfan wrote:

Wren44- Thank you, Thank you. I am cery anxious; you give me encouragement that this is doable.

Mar 13, 2019 02:38PM ChiSandy wrote:

If you want to try something a bit different, Jimmy’s NY Pizza Cafe is my fave (talk about childhood comfort food!); they are at Foster & Lincoln and deliver at least up to Rogers Park. If you tell them why you’re ordering out rather than picking up, perhaps they’ll cut you some slack

Mar 13, 2019 04:58PM keywestfan wrote:

Will try when able- used to work around there at Martha Washington Hospital. The pizza looks great. Enjoy NOLA.

Mar 13, 2019 05:26PM ChiSandy wrote:

They also have beignets!

Mar 13, 2019 09:41PM Puffin2014 wrote:

Another blizzard moving through tonight, I hear the wind picking up. We have so much snow already, every night on the news another roof has collapsed under the weight of the snow. I spent over $500 to get my garage and house roofs cleared of most of their snow, I still have a 3 foot pile along the top of my roofline as the roof rakes wouldn't reach there. Fargo is in a narrow band that might luck out and only get 3-6" of snow tonight, just a few miles west of here they'll be getting 6-12+ inches. Even with less snow, with the strong winds we'll officially be in a blizzard by morning. So glad I'm retired and don't have to worry about getting into the hospital in the morning. Hope the power lines remain up in this wind.

Dx 5/23/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/17/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/13/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/10/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 13, 2019 09:53PM - edited Mar 18, 2019 07:26PM by jo6359

This Post was deleted by jo6359.
Dx 1/29/2018, DCIS, Right, Stage 0 Dx 1/29/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 2/15/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1129 of 1,163 (34,864 results)