We are 220,518 members in 81 forums discussing 155,810 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1146 of 1,152 (34,538 results)

Posts 34351 - 34380 (34,538 total)

May 21, 2019 11:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

An oldie but special to me.

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth: the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 21, 2019 11:27AM keywestfan wrote:

Today is my last day of 16 hypofractionated partial breast rads. I was phobic, terrified of radiation, of the Frankenstein, eery aspect of it , of the rays shooting in, though, on some intellectual level, I knew I should think of them as my protector. It has actually been easy enough. I am pink and a bit burning below my collarbone, on upperchest but all else is fine..Now I'm worried about the next 2-5 weeks and whether there will be blistering and peeling and whether real fatigue will set in.. Also going on vacation June 5-15 and would like to delay starting Arimidex until then, which, given my anxiety gene, I am also terrified of. Want to thank all of you for encouragement, for helping me accept and get through radiation and for all the helpful suggestions of creams and Miaderm and such. I knew nothing of any of this.

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/24/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

May 21, 2019 11:58AM Beaverntx wrote:

keywestfan, so very glad to hear from you and that rad's have not lived up to your fears. Have missed you and been wondering how you are doing. Hang in there, keep on using your moisterizer(s) and your skin should heal just fine. Check with your doctor about starting time for Arimidex. I'm taking Tamoxifen and due to some other issues did not start it until 7 months after diagnosis and no one (but me) seemed concerned about that timing. Go and enjoy your vacation!

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 21, 2019 12:11PM keywestfan wrote:

Beaverntx- thank you. And, with your help, I’m beginning to believe this is only “ a bump in the road of life.” There have been many, but this one at 85, mightely threw me.

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/24/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

May 21, 2019 01:23PM Wren44 wrote:

keywestfan, Just a note of encouragement about Arimidex. I took it for 5 years and never had a side effect. Some women do experience side effects but quite a few do not. And if you do, there are other drugs in the same class that may be way better. So not to worry.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

May 21, 2019 02:24PM keywestfan wrote:

You,Wren 44, have made my day and given me hope.. Thank you. Will let you know.

May 21, 2019 04:09PM IllinoisLady wrote:

keywest -- Very good to hear from you and how you are doing. Perhaps we have all found that some things are not so bad because we need the insurance of doing all we can to be well. In this case, as all know, the alternative is a bummer. We are all proof that you can do it because we all have. It becomes anti-climatic to the joy and satisfactions that living and experiencing life and making memories with our loved ones brings. You did this and it sounds to me like you did it well. I am sending virtual pat on the back and hoorays. You are phenomenal. Enjoy your vacation -- well earned.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 21, 2019 07:01PM nanette7fl wrote:

keywestfan I'm so happy for you that you finished!! Doing the happy dance that it went better than you thought!! You're my hero Heart And yes all of the stuff we are enduring is just a bump in our road of life. So happy for you!!

~Nanette Dx 10/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 12/4/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/4/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/28/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/1/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 6/29/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 21, 2019 07:50PM keywestfan wrote:

To all of you, my compatriots. You all got me through this. I would have skipped radiation without your encouragement. I’m so glad I did it now, so thank you,thankyou,thankyou.

May 21, 2019 08:45PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

keywestfan, I had about 19 rads and except for a little redness, my skin was fine during and after. Congratulations on finishing!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/16/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/23/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 21, 2019 11:15PM keywestfan wrote:

Thank you all fir your understanding, support, and encouragement. I could not have done any of this without you, and jessie123, I’m sorry you too have the anxiety gene, but it feels good to have a companion in terror of the pill.

May 22, 2019 09:56AM IllinoisLady wrote:

No one imagines that a symphony is supposed to improve in quality as it goes along, or that the whole object of playing it is to reach the finale. The point of music is discovered in every moment of playing and listening to it. It is the same, I feel, with the greater part of our lives, and if we are unduly absorbed in improving them we may forget altogether to live them. -Alan Watts

May 22, 2019 10:03AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Big thunderstorm last night and lots of pouring rain. I watched it through a big transom window in the bedroom where I'm staying ( just a couple nights this time and then a brief respite and another week to do ) and wondered what it would be like when I got up in the morning to leave for home and coffee. I'm about three miles from home -- so just as easy to come home for coffee.

It turns out to be partially muted at times, sunshine. It will re-warm as well -- so I can take my sweat-shirt off again. So, coming home was fine. I think we may turn around and get more rain again this evening. Hope it isn't quite as intense.

Hope you all have a really nice day.

May 22, 2019 10:55AM keywestfan wrote:

Having just finished radiation and now, course, being fearful me, I am afraid of beginning Arimidex before going on vacation June 5-15. I have an appointment with MO on June 17. I messaged him asking if I could wait to start the pill until June 16. I’ve only met him once.He is supposed to be brilliant but a little “ on the spectrum.” I’m a bit intimidated by him. And I was afraid he would answer back that I should have started the pill weeks ago and to stop goofing off and inventing excuses if I value my life. Here was his answer.

“I agree completely in not starting the arimidex (or, in fact, any new medication) just before leaving on vacation. There is absolutely no risk in waiting to start until you return,”

And he moved my appointment to July so I could be on it for a few weeks before seeing him..

I feel better

May 22, 2019 12:37PM HikingLady wrote:

keywestfan That's EXACTLY what my MO said, so I took my vacation, and started my AI after that.

The first week on Anastrozole, I felt a bit sleepy, so I started taking it in the evening. By week 3 that sensation was gone, and I've reverted to morning dosing, just because that's when I take other meds, and it's easier to remember, in my routine.

After a few weeks, I noticed some joint stiffness, but it wasn't hugely worse than what I already had. 6 months in, my stiffness is much reduced. My thumb joints are a bit weak, so I use new strategies to open jars and grab things, to be kind to them. Each inconvenience is slight, and there's a 'work-around.' Now, after 6 months, I feel really quite fine. I have occasional hot flashes, but they're just feeling of great warmth, not huge sweat baths like what I had during menopause. So, everything feels pretty darned manageable.

I do one hour of exercise every morning in the pool. "Deep water" aerobics, with resistance cuffs and foam barbells, so it's a thorough, but gentle workout. If I skip a day and have too much inactivity, I have stiff joints again and don't sleep as well, so that's motivation to keep moving.

I remember feeling quite tired for 2-3 weeks after radiation ended, and then gradually back to normal. They did kill a bunch of cells in collateral damage, and your body has to repair that damage, so keep up with your protein (80-100 g per day is what my RO recommended) and antioxidants for a few more weeks.

Enjoy that vacation! You've been through shock and trauma, so a vacation sounds like a super great idea.

Dx 3/2003, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2003 Lumpectomy Radiation Therapy 6/10/2003 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/8/2003 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/25/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/22/2018 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/25/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/7/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 1/2/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 23, 2019 03:51AM - edited May 24, 2019 04:24PM by ChiSandy

Keywestfan, that was exactly my experience too! My MO (Dr. M's colleague) was totally onboard with me waiting to start my letrozole till not just after our dream Mediterranean cruise in mid-Dec., but till after the last guest had left my New Year's Eve party. The timing of my rads was such that I would be able to go on my cruise, which was 3 weeks after my last treatment. (One of the reasons I opted for the 16-treatment partial-breast protocol--Bob had wanted that trip so desperately, especially after the botched colonoscopy that could have killed him and the hernia a month after the hemicolectomy to repair the damage; at the time neither of us had any idea I was about to face the biggest health challenge of my life thus far).

I never did get any blistering or skin breakage after my rads. I have a feeling your side effects, too, probably have peaked.

We saw the Lyric Opera's production of West Side Story on Sunday--it was excellent. The leads' singing and acting were better than in the movie (I was too young to have seen it in its original Broadway run). Marni Nixon's overdubbed vocals for Natalie Wood as Maria were lifeless & wooden by comparison, and Jim Bryant overdubbing Richard Beymer as Tony was okay but his singing lacked the emotion of the guy who played him here. My only quibbles were that the iconic whistle was missing from the overture; and that there were three anachronisms (considering the setting was still 1957): one of the Sharks was wearing camo jeggings (camo as fashion wasn't a "thing" before the anti-Vietnam-war protests); another taunting one of the Jets did so while dancing "the Floss," which wasn't invented till the 2010s and didn't become popular till 2017; and the last two lines of "When You're a Jet" actually dropped an f-bomb in place of "ever mother lovin'" (singing it as "the whole ever mother f---in' street"). Sondheim was likely onboard with that, as it was what he probably wished he could write in 1957 & 1962.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 23, 2019 10:11AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ethics grow out of the same root as world- and life-affirmation,
for ethics, too, are nothing but reverence for life. That is what
gives me the fundamental principle of morality, namely, that
good consists in maintaining, promoting, and enhancing life,
and that destroying, injuring, and limiting life are evil. Affirmation
of the world, which means affirmation of the will-to-live that
manifests itself around me, is only possible if I devote myself to
other life. From an inner necessity, I exert myself in producing
values and practicing ethics in the world and on the world even
though I do not understand the meaning of the world. For in world-
and life-affirmation and in ethics I carry out the will of the universal
will-to-live which reveals itself in me. I live my life in God, in the
mysterious divine personality which I do not know as such in the
world, but only experience as mysterious will within myself.

Albert Schweitzer

May 23, 2019 10:20AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Thunderstorm ( not all that much rain at all ) early morning. I awoke at 5 a.m. to lightning and thunder which I didn't hear well as no hearing aids on yet. Not sure if we will have any more. Today I finish up my little work stint. Nice to get back to things here at home. My car has stayed okay since I washed it right before the rains and tried to avoid having it look dirty from rivulets and splotches. Worked out fine. So tonight is mine -- to sleep again in my own bed. It has been easy pretty much this time. No one but me at the house -- so I can come and go on my schedule and not do any work arounds for anyone else's. I do have to take care of things ( new fridge developed a problem with ice-maker leak ) but this being a sm. town I knew exactly which store the appliances came from ( even the salesman ) and no problem on who to call to check it out.

Still, there is no place like home and your own bed. Some things you can always rely on.

I hope you have all managed to evade any storms ( this time of yr. is always a challenge ) and are having a good week.

May 23, 2019 12:01PM carolehalston wrote:

Jackie, I thought of you yesterday as we drove from Hayti, MO to Decatur, IL and I saw the sign for Centralia.  We are visiting dh's sister and her husband in Decatur.  Bonnie has been battling a rare disease called amyloidosis for 8 years.  It has some similarity to cancer.  The body produces an excess of the amyloid protein.  She has had many rounds of chemo and has also participated in some studies at Mayo Clinic in MN.  She's on oxygen 24/7.  One way in which she has been fortunate is having a physician husband to help with her treatment.  He is a devoted caregiver.

My emotional state is a little odd.  Because I was with my mother just hours before she died, I have this feeling that she disappeared.  She looked nothing like herself in the casket she picked out about fifteen years ago.  I am grateful that she was taken unawares and died quickly and peacefully.  She had no premonition of the end as far as I know.  She planned to go down to rehab on Friday and finish up the exercises she hadn't completed on Thursday.  I know for certain that she had no wish for her life to end.  Her body wore out but not her spirit.

Many people came to the funeral home chapel and it was good to see some of them.  I was very touched that at least ten people from the nursing home, most of them in scrubs uniforms, came to say goodbye to her.  

The Baptist church where my younger sister is a member and my parents were charter members provided an ample lunch that was delivered to my sister's house.  We had a large gathering of extended family.  It was not a sorrowful occasion although there was a lot of reminiscence.

I am at this moment enjoying some time with myself.  Bonnie and Ron are off to medical appointments for her that will last a few hours and dh has gone to get gas in the truck and do some shopping.  It feels good to take a deep breath and catch up on computer reading and communication.

Thanks for all the sincere condolences.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 23, 2019 06:56PM keywestfan wrote:

ChiSandy, you’re right about everything so I hope you’re correct about no blistering or peeling. Early times though- only 2 days. We’re leaving for vacation in 2 weeks- wish I had another to settle down before trip. Tonight, Pequod’s pizza to celebrate end of rads and rest period before onslaught of arimidex

Saw ‘West Side Story’ in Chicago in 1957, box seats , a wedding present from my childhood friend, Sheldon Patinkin. Loved it

May 24, 2019 11:35AM nanette7fl wrote:

Hello all, I finally sat down and read my reports from my 1st surgery on 4/1 and I was shocked when I found out that my BS took out a total of 14 lymph nodes on my left side. (2 Sentinel and 12 axillary) and yes she also took 2 Sentinel nodes on my right (non-cancer side). I wish she had told me when we met for my 1 week post surgical check up. NOW I fully understand WHY I have lymphedema!! The nurse and the Lymph specialist who have been seeing me at home kept telling me "You have a very mild case and with only 4 lymph nodes taken out it should resolve quickly. Normally we see issues when women have more than 10 taken out." Well It certainly was more than 10.........sigh. BUT on the better side of all this my insurance company is going to cover what I need 100% and that's a HUGE relief because the glove I need for my hand in $128 by itself. I really think that if you have a traumatic illness or disease you should get a break on the cost of things. I mean, and I'm sure you all already know this, EVERYTHING is so expensive when it comes to BC!!

I have a 'garden' if you will. I have tomatoes, peppers in containers. Watermelon on the side of the house and tomorrow i'll be transplanting some zucchini and yellow squash down near that lonely watermelon. If I can't grow it in a container it's not happening. Dh is going to plant some corn out in our big garden but as for me I'm keeping it simple. Peppers are already fruiting..... tomato is blooming 8)

ok here's to wishing you all a wonderful weekend. It's been sweltering down here in NE Florida.....99 degrees F on good days. Yesterday wasn't too bad as it was a little cloudy on and off and that was a welcome relief from the blaring sun.

~Nanette Dx 10/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 12/4/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/4/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/28/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/1/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 6/29/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 24, 2019 12:07PM MCBaker wrote:

Still chilly and rainy here. I rode my scooter to the gym after getting home from visit with BS, then back. Later I got the chills, and the only way I could warm up was going to bed. I fell asleep, and dreamed of snakes crawling across my foob and feet. Not a good sleep.

I have some strawberry plants tucked into some pots, ready to move when my new garden gets plowed. They are mostly poking out some good-size leaves, one just has a tiny speck of green showing.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

May 24, 2019 01:46PM Wren44 wrote:

Chilly here too. 54 at 11am with a predicted high of 62. Back to long sleeves.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

May 24, 2019 03:22PM IllinoisLady wrote:

When I was young I used to think that strong meant having big muscles, great physical power; but the longer I live, the more I realize that real strength has much more to do with what is not seen. Real strength has to do with helping others.

Fred Rogers

May 24, 2019 03:31PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Finally today some good sun and not much for clouds. No rain ( hopefully ) until Sunday or later. Just a heads up here for a problem that came a few minutes ago. Someone purporting to be from Microsoft ( who never calls YOU unless it is previously established for some reason they will ) said that our IP address had been breached and they needed to give us another one.

Knowing that we have had attempted scams by a 'warning' screen appearing on our computers, we/I questioned this person quite a bit. She had a standard script so I finally told her -- I'm going to hang up on you and then I'll call you right back. The minute I said that she hung up. When I went to caller ID, lo and behold I found it registered ME as the caller. So perhaps getting onto your computer is no longer producing enough action for these people. I checked out a web-site and it sounded like the "calling" party would continue to call unless they could discern that you were not being taken in by them and fully realized that they were up to no good. To that end our phone has stayed quiet.

May 24, 2019 04:16PM HikingLady wrote:

IllinoisLady Thanks for sharing the scam story! Never a dull moment on protecting our identity and our privacy....

Dx 3/2003, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2003 Lumpectomy Radiation Therapy 6/10/2003 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/8/2003 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/25/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/22/2018 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/25/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/7/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 1/2/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 24, 2019 04:50PM ChiSandy wrote:

Gasp! keywestfan, Sheldon Patinkin and Byrne Piven were my son Gordy's mentors! Piven ran the theater workshop where Gordy studied for 8 yrs (in the last two of which he was in the Young People's Company). In the summer before his jr. year in HS (Roycemore), Gordy was in the pioneering first season of Improv Olympic's (now called "i.o.") teen program, and at the conclusion was the only teen invited by Charna to study with the adults and work his way up to being on a team. And in the summer between jr. and sr. years of HS, Gordy was in the summer teen boot camp at Second City--and Sheldon (who was also chairman of the Theater Dept. at Columbia College) insisted Gordy apply to Columbia so he could continue to teach him. (Because of Sheldon, Gordy was accepted even before his SAT & ACT scores were in--much less before we could talk about various campus visits).

nanette, I too grow tomatoes & herbs in containers on my deck--the yard is for grass, berry canes, daylilies, hostas and some other perennials. The bee balm, lilies-of-the-valley, violets, dandelions and horsemint have taken over to the point where I can't find my patch of chives amid the wild grass & wild onion. And my spearmint and rosemary didn't survive the deep-freeze. (My rhubarb bit the dust a decade ago). Decided not to buy another basil plant, as my indoor one is going like gangbusters (and may soon need a bigger pot). But bought another chive and mint (peppermint) starter plant at WF yesterday, as well as one heirloom-tomato ("black tiger") starter. Need five more tomato plants for the remaining 24" containers. Landscaper put in a couple of red-raspberry plants (our perennials are black). Not sure if I want to give strawberries a try, as the wild ones have spread but their fruit gets either waterlogged or eaten by critters before it can ripen. Might just have to save a few and ditch the rest (along with what I don't want to save--will dig several inches down, put down plastic barrier, and replace the soil atop that).

Mary, I still envision you riding a Razor scooter to & from the gym! (I would get one, but my sense of balance sucks and I'd only fall off it--which is also why I don't take Segway tours, rollerblade or ride a two-wheel bike).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 24, 2019 05:02PM MCBaker wrote:

LOL!! It is a Golden Companion, marketed for oldsters, if you don't remember. I stand on a half-ball with something to grab on to for five minutes as part of my routine. I can balance on my left foot for quite a while, if my right foot is touching my left ankle. No can do with my right foot-four seconds, max, even with some cueing from my left foot.

I just got some anesthetic lotion for my feet, and they are happy. Like, totally sloshed, feeling nothing. Specially compounded for me, I am so special. But insurance doesn't pay for it.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

May 24, 2019 05:06PM keywestfan wrote:

ChiSandy, That’s so interesting about Gordy. Sheldon, who was my BFF, from the age of 11 until his death, probably told me about him.. We were always in touch and always meeting for dinner and he would tell me about his students while I told him about whoever I was in love with.. Of course, I knew Byrne and Mike and Elaine because Sheldon took me to all- from the first- Second City openings. As high school, college, graduate students...we were inseparable. Gordy could not have had a better mentor.

May 24, 2019 11:05PM ChiSandy wrote:

I'd bet, keywestfan, that at some point Gordy may have seen you & Sheldon together!

Page 1146 of 1,152 (34,538 results)