Join Us

We are 217,585 members in 84 forums discussing 160,640 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 03:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1180 of 1,251 (37,515 results)

Posts 35371 - 35400 (37,515 total)

Dec 16, 2019 01:39PM Di2012 wrote:

Congratulation to you Wren and your hubby! 60 years WOW! WOW!

Hubby and I celebrated our 51st in August.

For our 50th we renew our vows (on a cruise), exiting Glacier Bay, Alaska with the Captain of the ship officiating, in the chapel of the ship....( looking for the picture.....)

Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Dec 16, 2019 02:05PM Wren44 wrote:

Di, How cool! Perhaps we'll try that for our 70th.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Dec 16, 2019 02:08PM - edited Dec 16, 2019 02:09PM by Di2012

This Post was deleted by Di2012.
Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Dec 16, 2019 02:12PM - edited Dec 16, 2019 02:13PM by Di2012

This Post was deleted by Di2012.

Dec 16, 2019 02:28PM Di2012 wrote:

Dec 16, 2019 02:31PM Taco1946 wrote:

Congratulations WREN. And what good ideas for years ahead. We did our 50th in Paris but no vow renewal. The males in DH's familiy died quite young so I never expected to have more than 40 together much less the 54th that's coming up.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 12/28/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 2/2/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy

Dec 16, 2019 02:53PM - edited Dec 16, 2019 02:54PM by Di2012

Congrats Taco and you hubby too!

Wren when did you and I and and two other couples get together for lunch when I picked up one couple at SeaTac International airport that was from Texas that was going on a cruise? I have terrible memory problems.😥

Di

Dec 16, 2019 03:13PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Di, that is such a nice picture and such a wonderful thing to do to celebrate your 50 yrs. together. It is likely not something I would even think to do, though I admit we don't do cruises or even travel. I might consider having a family get together to celebrate # 50 though. Have to see how good my memory is when I get 'close' enough.

Taco, congrats to you too. Your DH seems to maybe be breaking the 'spell' of the men in the family not having a longevity factor. Yay for him if that is the case and great for you as well.

We got our snow this afternoon so hopefully things will settle out and some time tomorrow we can get out to go get dogfood. We can only make it will the morning. It should be all right though there could be a bit of ice out there. Hoping we get some sun tomorrow as it helps ( especially if there is road treatment ) to rid the streets of what you don't want to drive on if you don't have too.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 16, 2019 03:26PM - edited Dec 16, 2019 03:26PM by ChiSandy

Mazel tov, Wren (and hats off to you too, Di and Taco)! Wren, definitely treat yourself to a sparkly new outfit--you glow, girl!

Jackie, I remember when there was an infestation of ash borer beetles all over northern Chicago. We lost several trees on our block; and all of the trees in the median on the curve along the northern lakefront border (between the lake and a cemetery) with Evanston. They provided such wonderful majestic shade as we would drive along--now the city hasn't even bothered with saplings, just bushes & flowering ground cover,

Very chilly here today, at least compared to the past few days. (Wed. will be the worst, getting down to 9F and peaking at only 25--but then it'll climb back into the mid 40s). Thus far, it isn't looking good for those who wish for a white Christmas (I am not one of them). We had a dusting on the grass (and on cars that had been parked outdoors overnight), but nothing stuck on pavement tthis morning as I headed to Skokie Hosp. for my bimonthly weigh-in. Since Oct., down another 8 lbs. and 3-1/2" off my waist! (Looks like some new belt shopping might be in order). Finally where Spanx can make a visible difference without giving me agita. NP & I agreed a goal of 150 is realistic at my age (and with me still on letrozole with impaired metabolism). I found out maintenance will be a Mediterranean diet, about which I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it'll be nice to be able to expand the menu of allowable fruits and get my whole grains (including breads & pastas) back; but it's gonna be tough to have to give up red meats and dairy fat (what good is whole wheat pasta if I can't have cacio e pepe)?

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 16, 2019 05:45PM Puffin2014 wrote:

Great news Petite!

I had an overnight sleep study earlier this month, that was an experience. Had to chuckle when I read in the report that I basically stayed in the same position all night. Of course I did, if I tried to move around I pulled off electrodes.

Not enough apneic periods to qualify for a CPAP machine, and that's fine with me. But I was diagnosed with "disruptive snoring" that was causing my oxygen sats to drop to 84%. Recommendation is to elevate the head of my bed at least 6". I considered several options, including putting blocks under the bed legs or using a wedge pillow with my pillow on top of it. Lew and I had bought a custom built bed from Beds By Design several years ago so I called them and they said they could provide a different base for my mattress and turn it into an electrical bed where I could raise and lower the head and the feet. They came over and had it all set up in less than an hour. I also bought they fancy pillow. I made too many changes at one time: changed to the thicker pillow and raised my head too much the first night. I'd also raised the feet some, to keep me from sliding down in bed. In the middle of the night I found myself down in the crack in the middle, and STUCK. You know how when we get older there's only certain ways we can get up? Like, if I'm laying flat I have to roll over onto my right side and then push off with my arms. Well, my bed wasn't allowing this, and the remote control was over on my dresser. After panicking a little I managed to relax enough to be able to make a series of small movements that finally got me out of bed. Good thing I wasn't needing to get up to go pee.

So for now I've gone back to my pancake flat old pillow, and am raising the head in smaller increments each night. I devised a way to pin my remote to the far end of my pillow so that I can always reach it.

Because of my snoring, I had trained myself to sleep on my stomach (which I've since learned hadn't stopped my snoring), but it's rather difficult to sleep on my stomach with the head of the bed elevated! My back just doesn't bend that way. Any of you gals that sleep in an electric bed have any suggestions for sleeping positions?

Dx 5/23/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/16/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/12/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/9/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 16, 2019 08:37PM Wren44 wrote:

Di, Our lunch might have been in 2012. I'm not good for dates at all. In my mind there's last week and a long time ago. I remember how much fun the lunch was.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Dec 16, 2019 08:40PM MinusTwo wrote:

Wren & Di - was your Texas meet up Sandra from San Antonio? I haven't heard from her in a very long time.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Dec 16, 2019 08:48PM Di2012 wrote:

yes!

Dec 16, 2019 08:53PM Di2012 wrote:

I know her hubby was very I'll and in the hospital in S.A.and and then in Houston it was hard for her to take care of him when he came home....that is the last I heard from her.

Dec 16, 2019 09:06PM - edited Dec 16, 2019 09:07PM by CindyNY

Puffin2014- you gave me a good laugh with that story! The husband of a friend of mine had to raise the bed for reflux, he put blocks under it. The first night she told me it was a good thing they had a foot board or she'd probably be on the floor, she slid down so far. Just reading your story brought her story back to me.

Her back is still bothering her to accommodate him not using a wedge pillow. I hope in time you'll get used to all the differences with your sleeping habits. Sorry I have no hints for better rest.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/14/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 16, 2019 11:47PM ChiSandy wrote:

I was thinking about Sandra & Mike recently, after my cousin's valiant struggle with MDS after his own stem cell transplant that almost worked but then suddenly brought on "explosive" ALL.

I had a sleep study in 2012 before my first knee replacement when the peri-op doc declared I had a "crowded airway." It was at Northwestern, on the upper floors of an exclusive "club" hotel. It was the most luxurious hotel stay I've ever had: anything non-alc and non-caff I wanted for a nightcap; 46" flatscreen TV with satellite; and an amazing travertine marble bathroom with digital hair dryer, handheld & rainfall showerheads plus waist-level jets and steam shower. Bummer was that I couldn't check in before 8pm and had to check out at 7 am. No apnea--just "multiple small awakenings." (Well, of course--I turn over when my ear gets tired and one nostril or the other fills up). They recommended a night mouth guard, which cost more than a CPAP but was more convenient. Now that I got my teeth straightened it no longer fits, but I can't get a new one because I need to wear my retainer to sleep--which does bring my jaw forward a little while keeping my teeth from grinding

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 17, 2019 06:53AM carolehalston wrote:

It's cold and windy this morning. Temp in the 40's but feels like the 30's according to the very pregnant weather lady on channel 8. I got up late and put out the boxes and bags of items for donation that a Veterans organization will be picking up today.

Since it's Tuesday and not a day for golf, DH and I are going to the gym. We celebrated our 50th anniversary this past summer but didn't have a party or organize an event. We mainly marveled at the passage of time.

I didn't find the kind of blouse I was hoping to find yesterday during my shopping.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 17, 2019 07:15AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Every great loss demands that we choose life again. We need to grieve in order to do this. The pain we have not grieved over will always stand between us and life. When we don't grieve, a part of us becomes caught in the past like Lot's wife who, because she looked back, was turned into a pillar of salt.
Grieving is not about forgetting. Grieving allows us to heal, to remember with love rather than pain. It is a sorting process. One by one you let go of the things that are gone and you mourn for them. One by one you take hold of the things that have become a part of who you are and build again. -Rachel Naomi Remen

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 17, 2019 07:26AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sunny this a.m. as I hoped. We are definitely out of dog food and will have to go out. Would need to care for the feral cats as well. No one to clean the store ( supermarked that is closed now ) parking lot so I will once again take a snow shovel to dig out where they exit the fence and as well a spot for them to eat.

We will start out as late as possible so the solar rays have as much time as can happen to start the process of thawing any ice. The highways are likely very clear this morning but we have at least a mile in order to get to the highway and a bit more depending on which road we use to get on the highway.

I don't have any sleeping suggestions either Puffin, but just the other day ( I think it was an article in Web M.D. ) read how most people react to different sleeping positions and what they could expect re: apnea and snoring. If I recall, side sleepers were best at least for snoring. You might try resources like that to learn a bit more.

Sandra is on Face Book. Under her name and so you might try there if you would like to keep up. I don't think she posts here much anymore, if at all. She has gone through so very much with her Dh Mike and I think they are still ok. She is really a stalwart person and also stoic. Determined to pull them both through any challenge.

Dec 17, 2019 08:05AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, Ladies. Overcast, gloomy day. I can not get the house to dry out. My best friend had an abnormal mammogram. I am praying for her and hope for the best.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 17, 2019 03:08PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sending comfort and hope for your friend's mammogram. It could be some of those pesky abnormalities that show up ( like mine used too many yrs. ago ) just from dense breasts or odd cysts. Here's hoping.

I needed another biopsy about 3 yrs. ago and it turned out just to be a fatty cyst -- all came out pretty much in the biopsy needle.

Dec 18, 2019 12:58AM ChiSandy wrote:

Petite, fingers crossed that your friend's mammo anomaly turns out to be nothing.

Was pretty chilly today. My housekeeper had to leave suddenly when Hines V.A. called to say her DH had fallen getting out of the car when he drove himself to his dialysis session. (Because he needed an iron infusion Monday, he was supposed to have called an Uber and she would pick him up after work. He was too proud not to drive),

I am now in size 12 jeans (started out in 18/20) and size M tees & sweaters!

When I awoke today I wasn't sure I'd be able to do the WDCB Holiday Hoot because I was still coughing spasmodically. Managed to reach my doctor in mid-aft., and she told me it was ok to take a 20 mg. prednisone I have on hand, and that it should kick in by airtime; plus an extra MucinexDM, which I did. Got to the studio, was able to do the preliminary pre-show "living room" set (to entertain the other performers, staff, volunteers & donors--it's public radio) just fine. In fact I was surprised how well my voice felt & sounded. Then I made the mistake of having a cup of half-caff between the 2-1/2 bottles of water I drank. Ooopsie--that, and the fact that it was bone-dry inside the studio, caused a nasty throat tickle during the second verse of the first song, leading to lots of coughing. Since the song was my "It Sucks Being Sick at Christmas," it was sort of apropos--in fact, the DJ loved it. (Half the performers were in various phases of colds, and two duo acts had to cancel). Fortunately, I was able to salvage my voice for the other two songs (my singing partner took lead and I was able to close-mic my harmonies) and I was back to normal (thanks to a Ricola, more water, and Singer's Saving Grace throat spray) for the group finale. (The show will be archived for the next two weeks at www.wdcb.org).

Has anyone kept track of other ladies who used to post here but moved on once they were done with active treatment? Just curious.

Dec 18, 2019 06:10AM pingpong1953 wrote:

Sandy,

Congratulations on your weight loss success! I can't seem to get there, mentally. I don't know what my problem is. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago (I have a family history and was routinely screened, and one of those screenings showed an elevated a1c, hence the diagnosis.) I just had a bunch of blood work done because I was concerned about the Femara messing with my cholesterol. Everything, and I mean everything, was fantastic. I'm 66 years old and about 60 pounds overweight and I get absolutely no exercise and I don't deserve these good numbers! Although, to be honest, a sky-high cholesterol reading probably wouldn't have lit a fire under me and gotten me to the gym, but I think about people who are so careful about diet and go to the gym 4 times a week and I wonder how I got so lucky.

I know what I need to do to drop the weight, but I can't seem to get my brain on board. Frustrating.

And speaking of weather, our winter started on October 31 and we've had well over a foot of snow so far. It's 13 below F right now, although nice and sunny. Last winter was really cold and snowy, and it looks like this year will be the same. This is northern Ontario and I know it's supposed to be cold, but this is a little colder than typical for this time of the year!

Dx 4/12/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/2/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/4/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/7/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/26/2018 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right

Dec 18, 2019 07:57AM - edited Dec 18, 2019 07:58AM by IllinoisLady

Sandy that is marvelous that you got Holiday Hoot so well. Hope your housekeeper's Dh will be just fine. Men are so stubborn sometimes though I do know what it feels like to not want to seem to be something of a sissy. It's often hard to give up our 'strengths' and own up to being 'weaker' now. Here's hoping.

Congrats to you PingPong. Always happy when the good numbers come. We are who we are and sometimes there isn't a lot of accounting since we are a product of genes through our family tree.

I had my tests as well explained a couple days ago andd was amazed. I was 'nervous' about my A1C as well which seemed at issue 6 months ago but some dietary changes seems to be keeping it at bay. It is actually though right at a level where any increase could be not at all good for me. I have lost about 16#'s since I broke my arm Aug. 25th. and while I don't recommend doing wt. loss that way it did seemed to have 'shocked' my system into not doing automatic wt. increase when I do give in to bad behavior. That said, though, I do know that I still need some work on deep belly fat which is more the culprit for Type 2 and A1C changes. Bring on the vegetables, and that is on-going for now. Still developing how to eat things that I skipped a lot so we will see.

I still haven't heard from Anne and remain concerned about she and her family. Hoping so much that all is well. I may go through again in back pages to see who has not posted much or recently and send a short p.m. If anyone else does this, I hope you will let us know any results.

Hope you all have a really good day. Getting ready to get out and do my in town chores of feeding the feral cats and stopping by the Manor to check on those I know who are there.

Dec 18, 2019 11:10AM carolehalston wrote:

Wow, Sandy, I so admire you! I gave away my size 12's and am struggling not to outgrow my size 14's. I will probably go back to WW in January even though I hate the idea. Would you please summarize your eating plan, if it's not too complicated. I know you avoid white carbs like bread and potatoes. And I believe you cut way back on wine and booze. One of my pleasures in life is having a cocktail in the late afternoon before dinner.

It's a gorgeous day here today after such an ugly day yesterday. Sun is shining brightly and it has warmed up to about 50 degrees. DH bundled up and went to play golf this morning. I did the preliminary work in making a cheese spread to take to a party tomorrow night. Tomorrow I'll put the ingredients together. A woman in our golf group and her dh host this dinner party every year for our women's group and her dh's men's group, all spouses included. It's a very nice gathering and I always enjoy it. One woman who loves baking always brings a fabulous dessert that is like something a chef would make.

I did more Christmas shopping yesterday, mostly for great nieces and great nephews who can use the gifts, most of which are nice clothes. They aren't children who live in affluent homes and have every possible material possession. In some odd way, I think my interest in Christmas shopping has something to do with missing my mother. I feel sad when I come to Plus Size departments where I used to shop for her.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 18, 2019 06:09PM ChiSandy wrote:

Carole, my diet is low-carb, sort of like a less carby version of South Beach. No sugar (table, maple, honey, agave, molasses, sorghum). No refined starches--the only bread I can eat is occasional 100% whole wheat with extra fiber (2-4 gm net carb/slice)--the only grains I can have are the (very) occasional brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat (kasha), wild rice, and ancient grains like farro or freekeh. Technically, whole wheat pasta is in there too among the "treat carbs," but I like shirataki noodles (0 net carbs) well enough that I don't want whole wheat (can never get it to al dente--goes from crunchy to mush). No white, purple or gold potatoes but I can have occasional sweet potatoes and legumes (though hummus counts as a protein, not a carb). The only permissible fruits are berries, melon (other than watermelon) and citrus. All these carbs are supposed to be ideally 3 servings a week, but at most 1 per day. So if I have my low-carb toast for breakfast (unless it's keto bread or English muffins) I can't have strawberries for dessert at dinner. I'm supposed to eat unlimited amts. of "green leafies," and limited (1-2 c. per meal) of other veggies. (Unlike on Atkins or keto, I can have carrots and even peas). I can have regular whole milk as a "carb," but up to 1 c. of the ultra-filtered version (instead of Fairlife, I get Organic Valley). I can have reasonable amounts of all cheeses except those studded with fruits or flavored with sweet wine. Olives & nuts are unlimited. Fats of all kinds are not restricted, but I am to use common-sense portion control with them. I can have unlimited unsweetened almond milk (and unsweetened "coconut beverage"). For sweeteners, I'm supposed to stick to stevia, monkfruit (erythritol) and xylitol--but I can have sugar-free Jello or pudding, which have Splenda. No diet soda, but unlimited unsweetened flavored seltzers. The diet limits me to one 6-oz. glass of dry wine or one shot of non-sweet spirits per day, though I'm following my MO's guideline upper limit of 3 per week. I can have up to 1/4 oz./day of dark chocolate (>70% cocoa solids if not sugar-free, >55% if stevia-sweetened). I can have the occasional Quest low-carb cauliflower-crust pizza, or I can gnaw off the toppings from the real thing. My lunch & dinner plates are supposed to be 2/3 vegetables.

Dec 18, 2019 09:16PM Wren44 wrote:

We've tried the cauliflower pizza crust and it's pretty good. Not top of the line, but better than cheap pizza with cardboard crust. We can get frozen veggie pizza with cauliflower crust. 1/2 pizza had 310 calories. I'm sure the salad had more calories with the dressing added.

Dec 19, 2019 06:55AM carolehalston wrote:

Thanks, Sandy. Your eating plan is similar to South Beach. You must be getting close to maintenance.

My view out the window this morning included expanses of white frost. Temperatures were in the 20's here on the north shore but the sun is out and there will be some warming during the day. I will still be wearing my exercise shorts to the gym and will undoubtedly get wet with perspiration as I do cardio exercise. People always look at me when I'm leaving and say, You had a good workout. I'm one of those people who perspire a lot. My father was, too.

DH is off to the dr. to get stitches out of his nose following a MOSE surgery a few days ago.

Dec 19, 2019 07:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hope is wanting something so eagerly that—in spite of all the evidence that you're not going to get it—you go right on wanting it. And the remarkable thing about it is that this very act of hoping produces a kind of strength of its own. -Norman Vincent Peale

Dec 19, 2019 07:43AM IllinoisLady wrote:

We are looking at sun out of our windows and temps. will get up to low 40's. There will be melting going on today and for a few of the next days as well. Though some of our snow is packed with a fine layer of ice, I'm thinking only shady places will have any left by the time we start to get cooler temps. again. I'm glad as I've been nervous to a small extent driving on the ice with my arm though for the most part the restrictions of use have been light.

Hoping you all have a really pretty day as well.

Page 1180 of 1,251 (37,515 results)