Join Us

We are 219,660 members in 84 forums discussing 161,620 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1255 of 1,281 (38,424 results)

Posts 37621 - 37650 (38,424 total)

Oct 13, 2020 04:22PM ChiSandy wrote:

So my remade glasses arrived from Warby Parker this morning. The sunglasses are a bit better (they have larger & more forgiving lenses). The regular progressives are a lot better, but because the lenses are smaller there's still a little peripheral distortion--which comes with the territory. My old frames with the new Rx have slightly larger lenses and thus a wider field of vision, but because they're clear they don't really hide my undereye bags and aren't as flattering. Not just that, they're slightly crooked. Unfortunately, I can't go in to get them adjusted till I'm released from quarantine, and am not about to futz with these relatively pricier Italian-made frames myself. So when I'm indoors and alone, I'll probably switch to the old frames. This is what they look like:

Here are the new frames with remade lenses:

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 13, 2020 04:58PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Really attractive. You look great in them Sanddy.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 13, 2020 06:14PM Betrayal wrote:

Sandy, your new glasses look great. I can't believe you do this all by mail. You do give Warby Parker great publicity as both a model and user.

Finally got MRI done for left knee after hoping knee pain would resolve on its own. It didn't and injury from August exacerbated arthritis in knee by compounding it with menisceal tear. There is a fluid collection that needs to be drained and then choosing conservative route, I will try artificial joint fluid injection to see if this brings relief. I do not sleep well and walking is still a challenge if it involves distance or inclines. Stairs are fun, too. So addressed plan with Ortho PA today and had all my questions answered. Knee brace is not working because it is too large (I was not measured for it), I spend entire day readjusting it as it slides down my leg. So not really effective. Doesn't fit under slacks either due to bulk and wearing over clothes didn't stop slide either. So a new brace is in the plan. Passed on plan for OP PT because I am not comfortable being in a room with other patients and most PT departments are open air large rooms (worse idea ever). Plus I need to be here when contractors are here. So will try home exercises and see how that goes.

Wish my social life was more than MD appointments and grocery shopping. DD and DSIL do visit weekly.

Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/16/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 13, 2020 10:06PM - edited Oct 13, 2020 10:07PM by CindyNY

Sandy - the darker frames flatter your eyes. Warby Parker could hire you!

MC - you're always busy making something! It's good you found a pattern you like.

Betrayal - it might not be you miskeying. I use my phone for this site and every now and then it will double up some letters, key what it feels like. I have to go back and delete what I see, and sometimes edit too.

I had my full body check at dermatologist and now I have an appointment to get my radiation markers off. Put on in 2017, they didn't phase me. But as we wintered in FL, wearing summer clothes nearly all year round, the marker on my breast bone reminded me of a black head. The derms office offers it for free. I didn't realize how happy it would make me to know they're coming off. Little things mean a lot!

Tomorrow morning 7:30 AM the plumber will be here to snake the stack vent pipe. After the last repair, removing the last of the cast iron, when we flush we hear gurgling. I'm hoping this procedure is uneventful but knowing how its been going, nothing will surprise me. House is nearing 100.

Supposed to hit 65 with sun tomorrow, and I look forward to it. Enjoy your day too.

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 13, 2020 10:31PM Betrayal wrote:

Cindy: Today must have been skin cancer check day. My PCP recommended I schedule an appointment since alst one was about 10 years ago. PCP told me it would most likely take months to get an appointment so I called Monday expecting to be lucky if it was still in 2020. Seems I lucked out being a new patient because they had a cancellation for today so I was able to go today rather than the end of November. Derm was able to spray new growth on my nose with liquid nitro (lesion will fall off later) as a bonus for visit. Will see her later for skin tag removal since insurance will no longer pay for their removal. So good to go for a year skinwise while everything else goes to pot.

Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/16/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 13, 2020 10:47PM ChiSandy wrote:

Betrayal, hyaluronic acid shots have come a long way since I had mine 20+ years ago. Mine were "Suppartz:" not covered by insurance, hurt, and didn't help. The latest iteration of Synvisc is very effective and the injections don't hurt as much or for as long as they used to. My housekeeper gets hers every 8 months and swears by them.

Do get fitted for an "unloader" brace. (Yes, it's done in person, but if both you & the fitter are masked and s/he is gloved, you should be fine). What it does is shift the bulk of the weight off the more worn "condyle" (half of the knee) to the part with more cartilage remaining. A year after a meniscectomy, it bought me another year before needing my first knee replacement. Fitted properly, it should stay up even over jeans.

As for PT, can you get a video visit? The therapist can watch your range of motion, demonstrate the exercises, watch you do them, and send you printouts. I'm thinking of doing that for my back, as the spurs sometimes irritate the muscles going to my sciatic nerve.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 13, 2020 11:47PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

Dermatologist week continued...I see my derm tomorrow morning to have the pre-cancerous 'thing" under my eye frozen. If it were on some other part of my face I wouldn't think anything about it but it seems likely that the under eye area could be more sensitive. I'll check in tomorrow afterwards.

Sandy, beautiful new glasses. They are so flattering.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/2/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/22/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 13, 2020 11:48PM Beaverntx wrote:

And I am currently going to PT to work on getting full range of motion back in my arm. Masks on everybody, use hand sanitizer as you enter, only person who has been closer than six feet to me is the therapist. Don't feel threatened and getting rid of the pain and movement limitation are worth the risk to me right now.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 14, 2020 07:07AM keywestfan wrote:

Sandy, I must make an appointment with the opthamologist. I have looked, looked and peered. I do not see any bags. I only wear Peepers 2.50 Readers and am in love with the colors. At the Key West Literary Seminar last year, a very elegant woman( usually we all look grungy and poetic) put on a pair of glasses with royal blue frames and black and white zigzag handles or arms or whatever they are. I felt lust for them. Later, to my surprise, found them on the Peepers website for $33 . Love your big round frames. Going to look at Warby Parker, but do not know if they have readers. Today off to plastic surgeon for followup who put me together after Mohs on opposite sides of my forehead . She did a marvellous job. Can barely, after less than a month, see any scars.

Anastrozole June 2019 Dx 2/14/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/23/2019 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 4/30/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Oct 14, 2020 08:31AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Life is simple.
Everything happens for you, not to you.
Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late.
You don't have to like it... it's just easier if you do.
- Byron Katie

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 14, 2020 08:36AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Wishing you well Keywest and anyone else with procedures coming up. I think I may be in need of getting eyes tested soon. Trying to put it off until I get my credit card paid -- so as to afford new frames. I can get the eye test for free -- but the VA doesn't really have much fashion when it comes to their frames. A really small selection. I generally go to Walmart now for that.

Should be nice today. Low 80's and hopefully no humidity or rain. Hoping Dh can get the rest of the deck stained.

Oct 14, 2020 09:46AM Betrayal wrote:

Sandy: Thanks for the advice about the "unloader" knee brace. I spoke to the PA about my difficulties with the one I have so I will be refitted when I visit on 10/26. I don't know if it will be an unloader brace but I will be able to ask her about this possibility. Seems the brace will most likely be long-term so I need it to stay in place and not soend the better part of the day readjusting it.

You said your first knee replacement. Have you had both knees replaced? If so, how far apart?

Orthovisc is what they are now using for joint injections and it is 3 doses each one week apart. So I have the appointments for them. First they have to drain the fluid collection that is in there and it is a large collection as stated on the MRI report. I've had the knee drained once before about 15 years ago by my then rheumatologist who thought there was "nothing to be removed". I had a lot of pressure in the knee after a trauma and felt there was fluid in there since I was unable to bend the knee. She ended up removing over an ounce of fluid and then apologized for being a doubter. No longer see her after she told me I was lucky because "I had the good type of BC" and after I was able to find my voice, I told her there is no such thing as "a good type of BC". Of course, she followed her pronouncement with a story about someone she knew dying from BC and all the things this poor person endured. I left shaking from anger and her failure to see how this was affecting me. I never saw her again and had been seeing her for about 10 years.

I may see what the OP PT offers for at least 1 visit. It is in the same building, one level down from the office so I can stop by. I just do not want to be in a crowded room, masks or not.

Oct 14, 2020 04:09PM petite1 wrote:

Hi, ladies. The cleaning st the dentist went well, no problems. My phone dies and I replaced it with a new Samsung. I have made one call and a few text messages. So far, so good. Verizon is next to Great Clips and I got my haircut. I was not pleased. There were 2 other little older ladies in there and we all got the same haircut. I had good luck there with the exception of 1 other time, but I don't care to go back. My hair is thin and the way they cut it, I can see my scalp. I guess I will wear a hat for 2 weeks. LOL On the serious side - Prayers are with you and your loved ones, Celia

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 14, 2020 08:33PM - edited Oct 14, 2020 08:34PM by ChiSandy

Betrayal, I had my knees replaced a year apart--the R in 2012, the L in 2013. My surgeon preferred not to do simultaneous bilateral TKRs on anyone obese or over 60--and I was both.

No haircut for me until I'm cleared to leave the house and be in the company (albeit distanced) of others.

Judy, Warby sells non-prescription readers as well as prescription if you need astigmatism correction. You choose the frame and the diopter--those lens-blanks are ready-made so the glasses arrive more quickly than if more than just the shape needs grinding. Not sure how much the non-prescription ones are, but I'm certain they charge a helluva lot more than Peepers. Their single-vision glasses (prescription readers or distance) run $95 for acetate (plastic) frames (made in China) and $145 for their Italian plastic frames with silver accents, as well as those metal ones in titanium, gold plate or concentric designs. (There's also a $195 collection that includes some Italian-made mixed-material frames).

Tonight's gonna be stressful--have to shoot the video for a scene in which I have a solo (but because the key was all wrong, I sounded weak in either octave--physical acting will have to carry the day). It needs to be submitted by tomorrow night, but I want to make sure I still feel up to the task. Tomorrow afternoon is my COVID test--in blustery, miserable weather, to boot. I've never done this before--and Bob is no help whatsoever because of he's less tech-literate than I. And I hope that I can get it properly submitted in the correct format.

Oct 14, 2020 09:17PM - edited Oct 14, 2020 09:20PM by CindyNY

I was up with the chickens and fully dressed, hair & makeup by 7. At 7:03 my phone rang, plumbing co saying the tech is out sick, we need to reschedule. Pushed out to Monday same time. This night owl needed a nap.

Beautiful day here, so after school and grand niece left, I went up to our bedroom to open the window. Bed called my name so I spread out on top of the covers w sun streaming in. Within minutes I heard my cell phone ringing downstairs. My mom would have said - no rest for the wicked.

It was endocrinologist office. I've been taking the Fosamax generic, 70 mg, 1x a week and I want to switch to either Reclast or Prolia. They were calling me back to set up appointment. Add that to my list of Dr appointments next week.

The bad wind storm of last week blew our chain link gate open and it must have smacked something, the bottom corner cracked open. When my cousin fixed the vent on the roof he told me Home Depot sells the corners. I grabbed one to do it myself, $6. Well my 34 year old Montgomery Wards gate corner was welded shut! I got the bolts off but couldn't budge it. Same cousin stopped over 8 o'clock tonight, and used his grinder to cut it open. He had the flash light on his phone going, I had my head lamp on, and all our outdoor flood lights on. We were a sight!

I'm showering and going up to bed. Tomorrow we're supposed to hit the mid 70's, before more rain and back to normal temps w highs of 57.

Enjoy the rest of the night & I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

PS - I'm getting double submissions and then I need to delete the 2nd one. What next?

dx at 58, no family history, onco = 19 Dx 10/6/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 14, 2020 09:19PM - edited Oct 14, 2020 09:19PM by CindyNY

This Post was deleted by CindyNY.

Oct 14, 2020 10:36PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

The dermatologist visit was easy peasy. He didn't even have to freeze it off as the biopsy took care of everything. Relieved I didn't have to have anything done.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/2/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/22/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 15, 2020 06:52AM petite1 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. Cowgirl that is good news. Cindy, wow

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 15, 2020 09:14AM carolehalston wrote:

Happy Thursday to everyone.

Chair Yoga today at 1 pm at the YMCA gym. Class held in the gymnasium so lots of space. I feel some uneasiness attending classes again but I need them and benefit so much. I wear a mask until exercise begins and put it back on as soon as exercise ends. My weight has even dropped a couple of lbs. Fingers crossed.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 15, 2020 09:42AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Time is . . . Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice;
But for those who love. . . Time is Eternity!
-Henry van Dyke

Oct 15, 2020 04:41PM ChiSandy wrote:

Tried to do my Bar Show video last night, but Bob was helpless wielding the phone to take the video. Will have to DIY tonight--put the phone in the holder on the tripod, start the video running and then hit "play" for the scratch audio track. Awaiting the scratch audio track for the second video (a group # in which I don't have a solo but more choreography--such as it is).

Got COVID-tested (PCR) today--quicker & easier than I'd expected. The center is at a defrocked Mini dealership--big parking lot, 3-bay garage for in-person "intake," larger garage to line up cars for those w/o appts. Drove up to the gate, confirmed my appt., parked, walked to intake for confirmation of my ID & Insurance, then waited in my car. Tech came over & swabbed one nostril through the open window (deeper than the rapid tests I had pre-op, but not nearly as uncomfortable as I'd feared), then about 10 min. later the Phys. Asst. came over to review reason for testing (short exposure w/o symptoms, kinahurra), timetable for results (3-5 days, closer to 3), and quarantine instructions. If result is negative and I'm still asymptomatic, I'm free to go out into the world--to the limited extent I feel necessary. If positive or I develop symptoms, then quarantine either 10 days from onset of symptoms + 2 afebrile days sans Tylenol, or 14 days from exposure--ending only when no longer symptomatic and afebrile 2 days. Fingers crossed that I'm negative and remain feeling okay.

Oct 15, 2020 07:10PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

I have to have a covid test next week because the dental school I go to (University of California San Francisco) requires them if I am going to have dental work. I'm getting a crown and a filling next week. I love going to the dental school and I'm in the program for certification for dentists from other countries who have have to be accredited here. So no baby beginners working on me! I'm dreading, really dreading having the test but I have to have my dental work done. Ugh!

Oct 16, 2020 04:22AM ChiSandy wrote:

I had fillings and a crown done at the U. of Wash. Dental School last >45 years. (The crown is still intact). Not bad...

Oct 16, 2020 08:51AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The more we care for the happiness of others,
the greater is our own sense of well-being.
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

Oct 16, 2020 09:00AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Not above 60's ( low ) today. So not crispy, but time to keep the furnace running. May have some more work coming in. Not sure how to try and fit it all in, but the funds it will provide will sure be nice. Will go early and care for some outdoor cats close to my house for a week or two and then of course, I'll continue going to Sandoval. In between I need to fit in some Dr. appts. for myself and being put to sleep on the 5th. of Nov. so the Dr. can look at my remaining kidney and ureter. Then the next day Dh's back surgery. We have the two little 5 wk. old kittens here that the mom didn't seem able to care for -- also going back on Monday after Sandoval to the lady who needs someone there while she has a bath. I clean up a bit while I'm waiting and feed her cats and clean their boxes -- so I'm liable to meet myself coming and going and trying -- but upside is I stay busy and not too much time to worry about things ( even the virus ) that cause grey hairs and need for Tums.

All in a days' work at they say. I hope you are all going to have a great day and that you get some nice sunshine to cheer you.

Oct 16, 2020 11:26AM Betrayal wrote:

Raining here and in the mid-50's so I will use the day to sort through closet contents to do a purge. Had to finish dumping closet in MBR so they can dismantle closet system on Monday. Carpenters are slated to reinstall shutters on second floor, and install flooring in attic. Still have to sort out who will run new venting for bathroom exhaust fans. This week was a total wash since they did not schedule any restoration work and this is annoying because we are coming up to 1 year anniversary (of original damage) with a house that is far from close to completion. At this point I am hoping they are done by Christmas.

I did lose it yesterday when they called and told me a carpenter would be arriving in 20 minutes to dismantle the closet system and I told them that no one had scheduled this, so the closet was not completely empty. Nope, not happening and a 20 minute "heads-up" was not acceptable on any given day. This call was at 1 PM! So poor planning on their part, does not constitute an emergency on mine. Told the assistant they needed to communicate better because we make plans for when they are not here and we need more than a 20 minute notice. I also shared that we want the attic completed so we can move items in garage back there. We have literally run out of spaces where we can store "stuff" (contents of rooms/closets) and need to decompress. Once the attic is finished, they can complete the second floor MBR and bath, second and third bedrooms before starting any work on the first floor. I have no idea where they will store closet system while they finish MBR because there is no more room. So it most likely will go into the empty LR for now. They also have the basement to deal with and that needs to be done before they do the first floor. I am not replacing the granite floor in the foyer and then having them damage it during basement repairs.

So while I still have some patience left, I am going to start sorting through items I moved yesterday to the guest room (can't even tell there is a bed in there since it is piled high with clothing) for keep, donate, or purge. It will at least give me a temporary sense of completion.

Have a good day wherever you all are.

Oct 16, 2020 05:56PM Taco1946 wrote:

Betrayal - having been totally displaced for 3 months after a house fire, I truly understand your anger.

Most of you are talking about furnaces and we are still running our air conditioner. Arizona is still the right choice for us although would love to spend more time near our daughter and my sister in Maine in the summer. We've now officially had more days when it was over 100 degrees than it has been below it for a high and we broke records of over 110 too.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Our friends are back from Michigan and we have resumed our weekly dinners and a little bridge. Golf starts in another week after overseeing. So I guess I can stay out of trouble! Have a grant proposal for the food bank to finish this weekend.

Dx 11/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 12/29/2016 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 2/3/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/3/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/4/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy

Oct 16, 2020 07:06PM petite1 wrote:

Hello, all. It was 66 this morning, but got up to 88 and no humidity. Not much going on, but that is OK.

Betrayal, You will be so glad when this is done.

Illinoislady, You do sound busy. Yikes

Cowgirl, good luck with the dental work

Sandy, hoping you are negative.

Oct 16, 2020 09:29PM CindyNY wrote:

I couldn't get on to this site yesterday. Not that I had any great news to share, but it annoyed me.

This morning my little grand niece had and upset stomach, I think she ate too much homemade chili yesterday that her aunt made special for her. She was up at 5 AM sick, her mom kept her home. When I got up I saw the text from her to go back to bed. I followed directions! It was after 9 when I finally got up.

Rained here all day, and cool too; 47 now. I caught up on DVR shows, online banking, credit card payment; it was nice not having school. More rain early tomorrow and high 51 but sunny. I could hunker down with a book and forget about yard work.

Betrayal - I hope you were ruthless with your purge, leaving room for some new items once your closet has been reinstalled. Some web site sent me tips - one said to hold the item in your hand and say/think - would you buy this again? Supposed to help us let go.

Enjoy the weekend!

Oct 17, 2020 08:12AM - edited Oct 17, 2020 08:13AM by IllinoisLady

Our relationships are our sacred responsibilities, for they are the framework within which life is lived. They show us where we have more learning and loving to do. Our interactions with others call up the disabling beliefs and negative patterns of behavior we need to release—the cynicism, anger, resentment, and jealousy that block love's flow. Our relationships are our mirrors; they reflect where we are in consciousness .And if we are willing to face the truth about ourselves, our relationships offer the lessons that lead to our greatest transformation. -Susan L. Taylor

Page 1255 of 1,281 (38,424 results)