Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 06:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1328 of 4,143 (41,427 results)

Sep 15, 2012 09:00AM SusannahW wrote:

Chevyboy, what a cheer up! You made my day.

Dx 3/2012, IDC, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/27/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 6/4/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2012 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/9/2012 Aromasin (exemestane)

Sep 15, 2012 09:32AM illinoislady wrote:

Thought for the Day
Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad
fruit -- and each of us is a gardener.
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 15, 2012 09:45AM Cindi74 wrote:

Hi Chevyboy,  I just turned 75 too, and am thanking God I didn't have to deal with this with young kids and a job and no medicare.  First chemo and Neulasta on Wed.  No side effects yet.  Claridin, lots of nausea meds, prunes.  A little exercise--up to 15 min on stationary bike and mowed the lawn.  A little lazy this morning.  Keep in touch.

Dx 7/12/2012, ILC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/12/2012 AC Chemotherapy 12/5/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy

Sep 15, 2012 09:47AM illinoislady wrote:

edithester & susannah,

welcome to the Older Forum and out little corner of BC. Org.  So glad you found us.  We feel there is strength in numbers and that it is much harder to fall down when you are holding some one else's hand.  This can be a bumpy ride..........and oddly enough many people around us seem confused and unable at times to understand our fears and upsets.  Since we have all had them here --- good, bad, and everything in-between you can say what you need to....let it all hang out as they say...............and find comfort and caring and acceptance.  We are the been there-done that group and we hope you will keep coming back and we will walk with you hand in hand and help you through.  Pull up a chair, grab a cup of Chevy's delicious tea and relax. 

Beauty of a morning outside.  Nice and cool outdoors......a perfect Fall morning.  So nice and green outside too from the rain.  Hate to think of the summer being almost over.......since so much of it this year and mainly heat and drought.....so this is a little taste of what we should have had. 

Hope you have a good day Carole. 

Forgot to say.....I am 67.....at least as of two days ago.  I don't feel any older....but then in my brain....I'm only about 50.  There are times --- but thankfully few and far between.  Maybe part of the acceptance is that it is nice not to always be waiting..........for when I'm old enough to--whatever.  I'm old enough to do anything now and don't have to feel the longing anymore.  Anyway......a great Saturday to you all.

Hugs, Jackie

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 15, 2012 09:51AM Cindi74 wrote:

Edithesther,  Call doc and get anxiety medicine.  I got two kinds, one for once a day and one for every four hours.  Some times we need a little help.  I had in the past three panic attacks all in hospitals and I was the patient only one of the three times.  I might add that I have solowed an airplane with no pbms.  Anyway, I have a needle phobia.  My port has been wonderful.  The first chemo turned out to be a walk in the park compared to the anxiety.  Join the September Chemo group.  There are 38 of us all very supportive.  You can do it.  Hang in there.

Dx 7/12/2012, ILC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/12/2012 AC Chemotherapy 12/5/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy

Sep 15, 2012 09:52AM illinoislady wrote:

Cindi 74  welcome --- at this point, we are not older, but just a whole lot better.Laughinghooray for you  and hoping you se's ( side effects ) will stay really minimal.  You are doing all the right things.  I had 6 mos. of chemo and 7 wks. of rads.....so it is a real ride, but do think in the main easier most of the time for we ladies with a little TIME on our sides.

Hugs, Jackie.

Sep 15, 2012 09:53AM illinoislady wrote:

Jackie

Sep 15, 2012 10:15AM chevyboy wrote:

Cindi!  This is sooooo funny!  I was reading your post....about anxiety and what help you can get, and I read "My pot has been wonderful!"  Ha, ha!  I didn't read it right....  but it's funnier my way....Wink 
Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 15, 2012 10:18AM chevyboy wrote:

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 15, 2012 12:51PM bonnets wrote:

Gotta say, I am a lumpy old laady too, 69. Had several cysts over the years, and one neg biopsy.  As we say, the Golden Years are such fun!!

Bonnets Dx 8/30/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/14/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/22/2012 Breast

Page 1328 of 4,143 (41,427 results)

Scroll to top button