Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 05:29PM

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 05:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 1342 of 4,109 (41,087 results)

Sep 27, 2012 02:36PM chevyboy wrote:

Isn't this pretty?  It's rain-drops on a spider-web.....

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 27, 2012 03:56PM edithesther wrote:

Chevyboy, love the picture, nature is wonderful.

Bonnets ,no Kohis here, ended up in marks and spencers, they have a free bra fitting service,  I found a lovely lady who's job it was. After about 15 minutes of trying and swopping styles and sizes my poor old chest now encased in a  soft comfortable bra. Feel held in place and look better with my rather droopy chest now where it should. She didn't  bat an eyelid at my black and  blue boob with large dint and steri strips. That is what I call customer service !!

Soteria.  Ferry cross the mersey is so apt for me. I met my husband in 1964 in the original cavern.We courted for six years and were so hard up we just got aboard that ferry most evenings and crossed the Mersey to Wallasey, if we hid from the crew until it crossed back we got off again in Liverpool and didn't pay.! It is as lovely as in the song.My classmate in school also babysat Julian Lennon, for John and Cynthia.

This afternoon picked up my youngest Granddaughter from school, she comes to our house for tea and to bring us absolute joy. Sure you all will agree these gorgeous little people give us  a reason to go on.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Dx 8/23/2012, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2 Surgery 9/20/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel

Sep 27, 2012 04:03PM chevyboy wrote:

Ah yes, "the little people"..... Now "my boys" are about 6 feet tall, but still the little guys I remember sharing my life with years ago.   I'm just so thankful and fortunate that they were part of our lives!  

Edith, glad you found a comfortable bra!  I found a comfortable pair of Crocs last week....Ones so cute, like a Wedge, and good for our trip!  Not at all like the typical wardrobe of Crocs I have....  I couldn't do without them....  Don't know WHAT I would do if I had to put on a pair of heels!  I see the ones in the stores, that are like 10 inches high, and so cute!    I would topple over on my nose...  I don't know how they DANCE in them! 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 27, 2012 04:05PM chevyboy wrote:

Sep 27, 2012 04:10PM chevyboy wrote:

Now THESE are cute!  I might have to get a pair for my next life....Wink

Sep 27, 2012 04:24PM bonnets wrote:

Chevy, 

That's what I  say, I'd fall on my nose if I wore them When we were young 3 inch heels were in , and I never enjoyed those! OW!!!!! Even  short heels kill me now. WOnder how many  turned or broken ankes  result from those HIGH heels!

Went to my primary/onc, suggests Arimidex, if I get side effects can always quit. Will see radiologist a week from tomorrow. He says for those of us 70ish rads are contraversial, if worth it.....So. we will see. Jean 

Bonnets Dx 8/30/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/13/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/21/2012 Breast

Sep 27, 2012 04:26PM bonnets wrote:

Chevy, 

That's what I  say, I'd fall on my nose if I wore them When we were young 3 inch heels were in , and I never enjoyed those! OW!!!!! Even  short heels kill me now. WOnder how many  turned or broken ankes  result from those HIGH heels!

Went to my primary/onc, suggests Arimidex, if I get side effects can always quit. Will see radiologist a week from tomorrow. He says for those of us 70ish rads are contraversial, if worth it.....So. we will see. 

Got 2 fake owls today, the wood pecker is attacking our little log house again. Hear the fake pwl may keep them away. Hope so. Don't like to hear my house being eaten! Jean 

Bonnets Dx 8/30/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/13/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/21/2012 Breast

Sep 27, 2012 04:35PM chevyboy wrote:

Bonnets...your diagnosis is the same as mine....  My surgeon just said I would get radiation with the MammoSite Device, but probably not chemo....

Jackie takes Arimidex, and seems to be doing fine...Yes, you can always try something else, like Femara or Tamoxifen.... But everyone is different, so see what agrees with you.

I have 2 fake owls too, Ha!  We had a real one last year in one of our trees...just sitting there watching us.... But finally a couple Crows started hollering at him, and chased him away!   I used to watch a web-site about this guy and his owl-house with a camera, and we watched "Molly and McGee" raise their little babies after they hatched!   It really was fun!

Now I'm watching a live-feed from the San Diego Zoo, with this Mamma Panda, and watching her raise her baby.... I tune in a lot!  I'll send the web-site.

Sep 27, 2012 04:36PM chevyboy wrote:

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/

Sep 27, 2012 07:42PM GramE wrote:

Hi everyone.   I usually just read and donot post much.    To help keep birds away -- try a wind sock and/or pinwheel - the kind that spins in the wind.   Movement and shiny surface scares most birds.    

Page 1342 of 4,109 (41,087 results)

Scroll to top button