Topic: Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 04:29PM

Posted on: Feb 7, 2009 04:29PM

Northstar wrote:

I am an "older" woman with breast cancer (I was diagnosed at 65 and am now 66).  I notice that most of the posts seem to be from people younger than I am (often by quite a bit...).   I'd love to "talk" with others my age, exchange info about their diagnoses, effects on their lives, etc.   I see that there is a forum for young women.

Someone suggested that maybe it's that older people aren't so computer-savvy or aren't used to being in online discussion groups.   However, for those who are, it would be great. 

DX 8/15/08, ILC, 5.1 cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype DX 11.

Page 4142 of 4,142 (41,414 results)

7 hours ago cardplayer wrote:

I have no PT scheduled next week. I'll do home exercises, an reevaluation the following week and see the orthopedic doctor. It'll be nice to have a normal week. I've had PT since the beginning of the year with a short break for my exchange surgery.

Did ourwalk before breakfast. It's another hot day. Glad to be inside the rest of the day. I had a GYN appointment earlier and had a punch biopsy. It'll be good to take it easy today.

Enjoy your day.

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

7 hours ago mcbaker wrote:

Just got back from visit with ortho. I got an injection in my knee. He thinks some of the pain is coming from my back, too. So we made a re-visit in three weeks in case I am still having problems. With all my nerve damage from various causes.....

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER-/PR-, HER2+, IHC Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 12/24/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/28/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (Right): Fat grafting, Saline implant Chemotherapy

5 hours ago illinoislady wrote:

Everybody really knows what to do to have his or her life filled with joy. What is it?

Quit hating people; start loving them. Quit being mad at people; start liking them.
Quit doing wrong; quit being filled with fear. Quit thinking about yourself
and go out and do something for other people. Everybody knows what
you have to do to be happy. But the wisdom of the test lies in the final words:
"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."

Norman Vincent Peale

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

5 hours ago illinoislady wrote:

I sure hope everyone's pt issues ( over-all health as well ) find some good resolution. I have to admit I can't truly imagine all you are probably going through, but wonder if I could handle it. I am sorry Sandy that it seems it will be awhile for you to get attention for yours. I will be hoping that there is a cancellation and maybe you can get an earlier appt.

Nothing special today. Nice to NOT have to do anything and do just what presents itself as the most pressing.

I hope you all have a good day.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 4142 of 4,142 (41,414 results)

Scroll to top button