Join Us

We are 224,965 members in 83 forums discussing 163,804 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Hooray ! and a note on Arimidex......

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 3, 2009 07:19PM

samedaynurseJan wrote:

WOW.....thanks to the administrators for seeing this need and giving us what all of us need and have found such happiness in . Thank you thank you thank you !!!!!

I mentioned the studies I am eligible for a few days ago and I am 99% sure Im going to the one next week that is specifically on post radiation and AI inhibitors specifically Arimidex and Femara etc.....also they are supposed to discuss the new drugs and treatments that are on the horizon....if I get to go, I will have notebook in hand and I will take notes so I can share the important stuff with all my *seasoned and wonderful friends*

Thanks again for *THIS*

A life lived in fear....is a life half lived. Dx 12/1/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Mar 3, 2009 07:59PM Deb-from-Ohio wrote:

WOW Thanks to the Admins!!!!!!!!!!!!  and I will be waiting on the Arimidex info too as I go on that after radiation in 2022............well it seems like it anyways!

Deb

Dx 10/23/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 3, 2009 08:55PM ritajean wrote:

Jan,  I think we all are interested in the Arimidex info.  Thanks for offering to share!

Rtia

Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Mar 3, 2009 09:06PM swimangel72 wrote:

Wow - this is great! Thanks administrators! And Jan I look foward to any information you share with us!Smile
3/3/08 Right-side mastectomy with immediate muscle-sparing free tram; 3/9/08 Developed abdominal MRSA staph infection and hernia;Completed 4 months Navelbine and 1 year Herceptin; Arimidex - 3 more years! Diagnosed at age 53 Dx 2/5/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)

Mar 3, 2009 09:28PM - edited Jul 6, 2010 09:54PM by Maire67

This Post was deleted by Maire67.
Dx 6/2005, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, metastasized to bone, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Mar 16, 2009 03:07AM Mamie2 wrote:

Me too. I'm interested in s/e's of Arimidex. I see my mom who is 88 on it, and she swears she has no side effects except some thinning hair, but i was talking to one of my "real" life friends tonite and she said when she was on it and tried to have "sex" it was very painful. The Arimidex made her very, very dry, so now she has a diaphragm like thingie that actually replaces some lost estrogen. I wonder if that is safe!! There is so MUCH to learn... 

Rules and Models destroy genius and art. - Wm Hazlett Surgery 12/9/2008 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 12/16/2008, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Radiation Therapy 2/11/2009 Breast Radiation Therapy 3/23/2009 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/8/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 2/10/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Mar 16, 2009 09:50AM Mandy1313 wrote:

This is just a thought and I do not have hard studies on it.  Mamie2 said her 88 year old mom does not have Arimidex se.  Part of what Arimidex does is to deplete estrogen so we are like an 80 year old. Perhaps Mamie2's mom already is mostly there so she is not having all of the negative side effects of a younger person. It is just a thought, not scientific.

Dx 6/2008, IDC, 1cm, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2009 11:49AM donsuzbee wrote:

Yes, yes!! Hooray!!!!!
I, too, suppose ladies in their 80's are more used to less estrogen? possible???? But I know a lady in her 80's that is having side affects from Femara. Mainly the depression.
I was on Femara and then Arimidex for 7 years. Went off July 2007. Had just had a kidney removed due to renal clear cell carcinoma - not a metatasis. I thought the adrenal had been taken with the kidney - that is what the surgical notes said. But a later PET showed them still intact. So I assumed I then only had 1 set of adrenals. I still did not go back on as by the time I found out I still had the 2 adrenals I was 7 months off ht. I had realized by then I was doing better with the depression and aching in my legs. At age 68, if ht has not done it's thing, I figure it's not going to. I have a lot of pain from lymphedema and radiation scarring, etc. Enough is enough!
I keep thinking we are the pioneers: first to actually live any length of time following breast cancer, first to go on the hormone therapy, even first to be living longer. In some ways it is exciting to be a part of "medical research."
God bless!!!!!
Susan B.

Dx 1/18/2010, 3cm, Stage IV, 0/7 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 21, 2009 01:37PM Pegk wrote:

I will be 57 next month and I've been on Arimidex for 3 years. My SE have not been too terrible, just a bit sluggish when I get up in the morning. Do I remember how I felt before BC?  After the trauma  of surgery, chemo and radiation, I guess I'm happy to be alive.

Mar 25, 2009 08:01PM nelia48 wrote:

After all the trauma of chemo, surgery and radiation, I'm not sure if how I feel is because of the Arimidex or if I just need to some time to get back on my feet.  I do have to say that I never had High BP before, and it has really been out of control since starting on the Arimidex!  Cora

Visit my blog at www.hiddenrichessecretplaces.b... Diagnosos: IDC - T4, N2, ER+, PR+, Grade 2, 5/15 lymph nodes, diagnosed 7/2008 Stage IIIb

Apr 5, 2009 09:47AM hmm wrote:

I thought "samedaynurseJan" was going to share the results of the Arimidex meeting with us???? Or is it posted somewhere else?

Lumpectomy / SNB / 25 rads and 5 boosts / oncotype 6 / arimidex Dx 9/2008, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 5, 2009 10:06AM samedaynurseJan wrote:

the Arimidex meeting was rescheduled for a night that I couldnt get off of work it was my late night and I did post that on the main *older* board, Im sorry, I didnt realize anyone was waiting for it......there will be another entire series in May and I have already told the people at Loyola that I am going to clear my schedule and do the entire thing, of which I will share everything I can with anyone who wants the information.

As for myself thus far, I am only on Arimidex 3 months and realize this isnt a fair assessment but so far no problems at all (save for some mmmmm digestive problems which I am pretty sure I have solved) so Im hoping to be able to say the same thing several years from now.

Again Im sorry....but I will have the information later this spring.

Jan

A life lived in fear....is a life half lived. Dx 12/1/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 5, 2009 12:23PM hmm wrote:

Jan,

Thank you for responding. Will look for your "report" in May................ I also started Arimidex the middle of December and so far am doing fine with it....hope also that this continues to be the case. Again thanks for posting.

Lumpectomy / SNB / 25 rads and 5 boosts / oncotype 6 / arimidex Dx 9/2008, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)