Topic: Triple Negative BC & Older Women

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 4, 2009 10:40AM

Posted on: Mar 4, 2009 10:40AM

tos wrote:

I have been diagnosed twice with triple negative breast cancer.  Ages 56 and 60.

The nature of this subtype is that approximately 2/3 of those diagnosed with tri neg are under 40 so it is hard finding women over 40 and above with this type of breast cancer.

Anyone here with tri neg?

Love this forum,

Page 5 of 5 (50 results)

Oct 5, 2012 09:23AM TorchSong wrote:

Everyone has to make their own decision on surgery, etc. My advice is to listen to your surgeon and your gut. If you aren't sure if you trust your docs, get that second or third opinion until you find someone you trust.

Chemo regimens vary depending on the cancer itself, your own health going in, and other things. There isn't one cookbook "correct" chemo to take--there are guidelines, and the pages on this site that talk about the different regimens are really helpful. 

Chemo is different for everyone partly because the mix is different, depending on where you are and other medical conditions you might have. Also, people react differently--the same chemo drug might give one woman the heaves, another one doesn't feel anything, and another person might be in the hospital.... I think it tends to follow the pattern a person has in reacting to other meds and life in general--I rarely get sick to my stomach with colds or flu, and I had very little nausea or digestive problems with chemo. On the other hand, I always have trouble with my mouth--braces, cavities, bad teeth--and had terrible trouble with oral thrush during chemo. 

Hope this helps! And stay in touch on this site--I don't know how i would have gotten through treatment without it!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/mar... Dx 9/10/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/20 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Oct 5, 2012 09:56AM wrsmith2x wrote:

I was 44 when I was first diagnosed with TriNeg BC.  And then 48 when diagnosed with local recurrence TriNeg BC.  First time I did everything they told me would take care of my early stage BC.....lumpectomy, chemo and rads.  Second time only did BMX with reconstruction.  Waiting on the other shoe to drop with this crap!

1st dx, 2007, IDC, Stage 1 (1.2cm), grade 3, 0/1 node, TriNeg.....2nd dx, 2011, IDC, Stage 2 (3.2cm & 1.5cm) grade 3, 0/1 node, Tri-Neg......BMX with DIEP 2/16/12......3rd dx, lung mets, Stage IV, 7/24/14. Dx 11/16/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/2/2008 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2008 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 12/19/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 7/24/2014, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Oct 7, 2012 03:47PM FernMF wrote:

Beachmd: hope you are getting ready for your decisions. I am 5 months from double mastectomy. The option given at the time was lumpectomy with local radiation "maybe"... or radiation for the whole side. We did a total breast MRI both, which told us we knew EXACTLY where it was. I'm not sure I realized the significance of the triple negative at the time. "If I had a do-over, I would" ask for chemotherapy first to "see" it working. I am not second guessing the double mastectomy ... I had very small breasts. A lumpectomy would have deformed what little I had. Post-menopausal, my "sensitivity" was gone anyway. The chemotherapy is standard for TN I assume. I finished the fourth and final round last week. My sentinel node was negative during surgery but was 0.8 mm micrometastatic in pathology. The "tumor board" said no more nodes to cut out and no radiation needed. I went for 2nd opinion on chemotherapy.. it would have been the same. I preferred oncologist #1. Let me know if you have other questions.. private message if you want...

Dx 4/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/6/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/30/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 12, 2017 07:38AM sista wrote:

Both of my sisters in their 60's were diagnosed with 2 different types of breast cancer. I was just diagnosed the very day I turned 62. I don't know what type I have and have not started treatments. I am scheduled to see the surgeon tomorrow for the first time and the oncologist on Friday. One of my sisters had TN and died. The other had In Situ and lived. I know that I have a lump and some in situ calcifications and the lump is near my armpit that is invasive. The radiologist says it was not in the lymph nodes yet. I will know more after tomorrow I suppose, but I am alone and not happy.

Sad

Jul 26, 2020 06:39PM katiha wrote:

hi Sher,

my mom just had very similar recurrence I am wondering what type of treatment they did for a recurrence

Dx 3/6/2004, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/8/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/13/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery Lumpectomy Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Jul 26, 2020 11:36PM santabarbarian wrote:

Kaitha, this is an old thread from 2012, so you may not get a reply here. Try "Calling all TNs" that's an active one.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 27, 2020 12:07AM katiha wrote:

Thank you, Santabarbara

Dx 3/6/2004, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/8/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/13/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery Lumpectomy Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Oct 7, 2020 01:41AM Lcjks wrote:

metaplastic breast cancer information for newbies

Oct 7, 2020 10:49AM moderators wrote:

Hi Lcjks, you may want to take a look at this forum:

Metaplastic Breast Cancer (MpBC)

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Mar 12, 2021 11:31AM - edited Mar 12, 2021 11:32AM by heliosue

This Post was deleted by heliosue.
Dx 1/14/2021, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-,

Page 5 of 5 (50 results)

Scroll to top button