Join Us

We are 224,965 members in 83 forums discussing 163,804 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: HURTING

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 12, 2009 12:14PM - edited Mar 12, 2009 12:15PM by alovew02119

alovew02119 wrote:

Hello,

My mom was dioniosed with beast cancer in 2002 since then she has been on Arimadex and has been doing well.Well latly she has been complainting about the bones behind the breast that they took off has been hurting...Started off a little, but now the pain is really bad. She has had xrays and the doctors say they don't see anything....So I'm just wondering if anyone who has had breat cancer for a while is or has expericed anything like this before?

Thanks

Alovew02119

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Mar 12, 2009 02:22PM dlb823 wrote:

Alovew ~  Sorry to hear that your Mom is experiencing some pain.  If all she's had are xrays, it sounds like she may need some more targeted tests, just to be sure there's nothing going on.  I would think an MRI and a Petscan would be best at picking up any changes that might be cause for concern.  Do you know if she's had either of those tests?  Of course, the pain could be caused by any number of things, but further work up seems appropriate to me, to figure out exactly what is causing the pain.  

Good luck, and please keep us posted on her situation ~  Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Apr 15, 2009 07:27AM Roberta77 wrote:

That sounds a bit worrisome to me. She should definitely have more than x-rays. I would suggest an MRI as soon as possible. My mom complained of similar pain after lung cancer surgery. Unfortunately, by the time they decided to check it out, it was too late. You need to pressure the doctors to look into it right away. The sooner the better. Best of luck.

Friends are the gems of life Dx 11/12/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, 0/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)