Join Us

We are 224,965 members in 83 forums discussing 163,804 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Over 50 Fashion Tips- Humor

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: May 7, 2009 06:57AM

REKoz wrote:

Hi all 

I just got this email from a friend that gave me a lift. I for one do not have to worry right now about #10, though I'm just about at #2 after chemo! Grateful I have the other tips though, wouldn't want to make a fool out of myself!  Enjoy

SENIOR DRESS CODE

Many of us over 50, WAY over 50, are quite confused about how we

should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are

projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to

current fashion.

In spite of what you may have seen on the streets, the following

combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedos and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Pierced nipples that hang below the waist

11. Bikinis and liver spots

12. Short shorts and varicose veins

13. Inline skates and a walker

And the ultimate 'Bad Taste' in fashion for the older folks.

14. Thongs and Depends

Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

-

BMX 11/08, Abraxane/Carbo/x4 1/09 Herceptin until 1/10, Recon w expanders-1st exchange Dec. 09. Revision from 700 Style 20 to 600 Style 45-Oct 10 Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

May 7, 2009 07:42AM PatMe wrote:

Laughing Thanks I needed that! Too funny.
Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2011 Femara (letrozole) Dx 4/4/2013, Stage IV

May 7, 2009 08:23AM GramE wrote:

Thanks for the humor.  I needed it today.

May 7, 2009 08:28AM crazy4carrots wrote:

This is so funny!  Can't we just picture each one?!!  Specially liked the nipple rings hanging below the waist (or, in my case, RING)!

ReKoz, thanks for the great morning laugh!

The demagogue preaches doctrine he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. Dx 1/10/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 7, 2009 08:33AM REKoz wrote:

I'm thrilled ladies! I know that humor is HUGE for me getting through life in general. THIS journey, well, I NEED to find things to laugh about constantly. I'm happy to add some joy to anyone's day.

xoEllen

BMX 11/08, Abraxane/Carbo/x4 1/09 Herceptin until 1/10, Recon w expanders-1st exchange Dec. 09. Revision from 700 Style 20 to 600 Style 45-Oct 10 Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 7, 2009 08:51AM Alpal wrote:

What a hoot - I'll try to avoid all of them. And I thought all I had to worry about was sleeveless tops!

Allison Dx 7/2008, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 7, 2009 01:44PM Cheryl60 wrote:

What a cute post...I had to copy it and send it on to my sister in Salt Lake...she will appreciate them all! hahahaha

Always looking for a good laugh...Cheryl

Cheryl60 Dx 8/13/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 22, 2009 05:58AM GramE wrote:

Hi everyone,  I need a laugh for the upcoming weekend.   I will be wearing my red/white/blue outfits, including socks with flags on, one pair has glitter for the "stars".   Stars and Stripes neck scarf - helps hide the creepy neck wrinkles, LOL...   

Last year I went to a Memorial Day bingo and was decked out in one of my outfits and the man passing out the free dinner ( bbq chicken), got ahold of the microphone, declared me the best outfit and gave me a second piece of chicken...  

Happy Memorial Day to all.    

May 22, 2009 06:07AM kmccraw423 wrote:

Too funny!  Then I guess this would be out.

Over Tattooed Old Lady

Kathleen Dx 10/3/2008, DCIS, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 28, 2009 10:32AM spar2 wrote:

I have been ROFL, this is hilarious.  thanks for the laughs

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

May 30, 2009 06:58PM junie wrote:

Too funny!  But great advice for us oldsters!    I am currently having a fashion melt-down of my own shopping for a formal evening wedding dress for my step-dau wedding in Sept.   Having to do it on-line as only stores near are Wal-Mart and a Dollar General!!!   Have looked at thousands of dresses on line--so many mother-of-the-bride dress sites.    Not finding anything that is just perfect.   Finally told DH that I probably should be looking at sites for grandmother-of-the-bride dresses--maybe could find something a bit more appropriate for my age.   It is so hard to have a 21-year-old mind inside a 62-year-old body!!!

Thanks for the chuckles!!!

May 30, 2009 07:42PM Alpal wrote:

I have 3 or 4 long mother of the bride type dresses purchased at a clearance sale 3 yrs. ago. If you can wear a size 10, pm me and I'll mail them to you. Still have the tags on them! If not they are going to Good Will later this week! If you don't like them you can take them to Good Will.

Allison Dx 7/2008, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 31, 2009 11:41AM junie wrote:

Allison--what a sweetie!   Thanks for your generous offer.   I sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)