Join Us

We are 224,965 members in 83 forums discussing 163,804 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: In the Good 'Ol Days of Rock n Roll

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: May 22, 2009 01:53AM

swimangel72 wrote:

I was a freshman in college when I first saw his face and heard his voice........from the album, "On the Threshold of a Dream" - Justin Hayward stopped my heart then and it has been beating in time to his music ever since (going on 38 years). This is Justin from the 70's

I stumbled across this Youtube video taken in 1970 - sure brings back memories! (Justin is the tall blonde) Oh and the Moody Blues are STILL playing live music - they''ll be playing in Radio City Music Hall in NYC this August!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlEkOjmUXE&feature=related

Here's Justin today (still my heart-throb!)

3/3/08 Right-side mastectomy with immediate muscle-sparing free tram; 3/9/08 Developed abdominal MRSA staph infection and hernia;Completed 4 months Navelbine and 1 year Herceptin; Arimidex - 3 more years! Diagnosed at age 53 Dx 2/5/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

May 22, 2009 01:57PM LRM216 wrote:

Aahhhhh - for the good times........

Linda

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain ... Age 62 at diagnose Dx 2/23/2009, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/6/2009 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/24/2009 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2009 Breast

May 26, 2009 10:42PM LiniWD wrote:

The flute player for the Moody Blues, John Lodge, retired 2 years ago to spend more time with his grandchildren.  Feel old yet?

Lynn 

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams....live the life you have imagined. Dx 10/26/2004, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 3/6 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 26, 2009 10:58PM swimangel72 wrote:

Knowing I've been a fan for 37 years makes me feel old! Oh and the flute player's name is Ray Thomas............he had gout and his feet couldn't handle the concerts any more. John Lodge plays bass guitar - (he worked with Justin on the album "Blue Jays") - he''s aged very well; still very sexy-looking guy especially in black leather! But Justin will always have my heart strings no matter what gravity does to his sweet face! Kiss
3/3/08 Right-side mastectomy with immediate muscle-sparing free tram; 3/9/08 Developed abdominal MRSA staph infection and hernia;Completed 4 months Navelbine and 1 year Herceptin; Arimidex - 3 more years! Diagnosed at age 53 Dx 2/5/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)

May 27, 2009 10:20PM LiniWD wrote:

Oops - sorry about the name mixup - and I knew that, so I guess I can blame chemo brain (they say you get 10 years out of that excuse <grin>).

My DH and I went to see Loggins & Messina a few years ago and they had to take a 45 minute break because the bass player had a heart attack!

And Springsteen, a favorite in our house (NY transplants) is going to be 60 this September!

The graying of the concert crowd is a very fun thing to see!

Lynn from Tampa 

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams....live the life you have imagined. Dx 10/26/2004, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 3/6 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 28, 2009 01:17PM spar2 wrote:

I loved the beach boys as a teenager and still love them to this day.  They just keep getting better.  We are just getting better too, the older we get.  I keep telling my aching hips, knees, and ankles you ain't gonna get the best of me.  Sometimes I am not so sure about wiser but like to think so.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

May 28, 2009 06:21PM swimangel72 wrote:

Spar2 - the Beach Boys always remind me of summer sun and fun.......do you know if they still perform? Cool

May 30, 2009 08:56PM swimangel72 wrote:

He still has IT too! Kiss

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)