Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1829 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

May 11, 2022 11:45PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi dear friends.

Chris I am glad you were able to help GB out with her crocheting. Were you able to get a dose reduction? I sure hope so and that you are feeling better.

I have spent quite a few hours in the woods the last few days photographing the Virginia Bluebells. I went out tonight again but my hoped for photo just never materialized. I was trying to get a deer among the Bluebells but the one deer I saw was just too evasive.

Take care dear sisters. I only have two PT sessions to go and it is definitely helping.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 12, 2022 01:26PM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, that's beautiful, even if it wasn't your hoped-for shot.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 12, 2022 05:47PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thanks Carol. I took shot that on a different day where I was quite happy with things that evening. That shot is one I am going to make a greeting card from. I tried to post another pic but BCO didn't let me for whatever reason. I was telling my PT therapist about that adventure in the woods. I was walking along on the trail in the woods and I heard this strange sound behind me which I knew was not your typical nature sound. I turned around to see this man operating a battery operated truck. I stopped and talked to him for a little while. He said it was his walking buddy. He showed me his brand new phone that I had actually been looking at for myself and then he showed me this gorgeous shot of this deer among the bluebells that he had taken with his phone. It was his shot that gave me inspiration to go back the next night (yesterday) and see if I could get a similar shot. No luck. Then the words of a neighbor and my therapist started ringing in my ear. They were afraid for me going into the woods by myself. My therapist said at least tell someone where you are going which I never do. So I started getting a bit nervous since I don't usually go into the woods in the evenings. So I was hot and tired and decided to give up on the deer. When I got to my car who did I see just coming. This same guy, now with his wife and his walking buddy as he called it..........his mechanical truck. I had to laugh. Then I realized instead of leaving I should have been coming. There was surely going to be some deer to see but my practical side took over. Too dangerous for me at least for that night. I was just remembering you mentioning your 34th anniversary earlier. When is that approaching? Before the BCO update I could have easily gone back to find it but now it is a different story. I hope you are doing well and have figured out a solution to your hip pain.

I am praying for all of you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Phil. 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 12, 2022 06:14PM - edited May 12, 2022 07:12PM by bandwoman1234

Well see if this photo gets to stay. With my mirrorless camera my files are so huge I can't get the file much smaller using my normal means. These Bluebells in the woods for as far as the eye can see is truly like walking into a magical kingdom.

I've resized several times. Let's see if this will stay.

May 12, 2022 07:38PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, your bluebell shot is beautiful. I love all the intracies and colors of God's beautiful world. I am also thankful your PT is working for you. And I agree, please tell someone when you are going off into the woods by yourself.

I felt better today and was able to actually put my bathroom together plus do some other little things. I still had to sit down between tasks, but it felt good to be able to do that. My husband is having a bad time--I think doing it all himself is getting to him and the little things are building up so I appreciate some prayer for him. Perhaps that is why God gave me a good day. I actually feel hopeful that maybe I can get everything done that has to be done in three more weeks. I see my oncologist tomorrow and will discuss my dosage needs with her then.

Take care dear friends. May God overflow your world with many blessings. Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 12, 2022 09:28PM - edited May 12, 2022 09:40PM by bandwoman1234

Chris, I am SO glad to hear you felt better today. I have prayed a lot that things would fall into place before your guests come in for your big anniversary celebration. The fact that you haven't had a dose reduction yet feels like good news. Hopefully with a reduction you will feel even better. I do hope this continues. I will pray for your DH. I don't think I realized how much my bc affected my family until I was in the thick of it all. I can certainly imagine that your DH trying to do it all now has been overwhelming. I will definitely pray for him. When you think of this whole year for your family it has been a huge amount of big changes which usually means big stressors. I am amazed at all of you keeping it together under enormous pressure.

I wanted to share this pic so bad but it is not meant to be yet. It is a big field of bluebells. I did send a PM to the moderators to ask what I have to change to be able to display it. Yes, God's creation is a truly magnificent gift for all of us to enjoy.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

May 15, 2022 11:02AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

May 16, 2022 09:34AM zjrosenthal wrote:

I am still waiting for a prescription to be sent for my Lymphedema treatment. Please pray for it to be sent soon. It has been nearly a month of jumping through hoops to get this done.

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

May 16, 2022 09:47AM intolight wrote:

Jean, praying for a quick resolution to your prescription problem. It seems like it is getting harder than before to get medical help especially when it involves insurance issues.

I am also praying for ladies on this site to have a good week. May God shower you al with His many blessings.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 16, 2022 01:58PM zjrosenthal wrote:

Thanks for prayers A prescription was finally sent. It will now take 1-3 days for the PT to check the prescription then a call from them to check my insurance and finally they will call me to schedule an appointment! Medical care sure is a mess these days!

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/3/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/27/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/19/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/16/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

Page 1829 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Scroll to top button