Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 11:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 11:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1831 of 1,845 (18,441 results)

May 20, 2022 03:11PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, your post really touched my heart. I have been privileged to have gotten to know you during this period of time. I have prayed for you many, many times that God would give you many more good quality years of life on this earth. I know it has not been easy and it has hurt my heart during those times when I knew you were struggling. I feel honored to have you as a friend. You are such an inspiration to all of us who have met you on this thread. Your faith in God through the tough times has been a great role model for all of us. I remember you talking last year about your 50th anniversary and not knowing if you would still be here for it. Well, you have almost reached that milestone. It is obvious that your family and your new family mean the world to you. Opening up your new home and inviting all into it for this great celebration is about to take place. When you look back at all the challenges you have had with this year alone it is truly a testimony of God's grace working through you. Your word "trust" has probably been a more powerful challenge than you could have possibly imagined for this year. Just as metal is made stronger by going through a fiery furnace your faith has stood the test of many trials by fire. You are a blessing to the ladies on this thread and I am sure you are a blessing to all of the people you meet. My prayer is that you will thoroughly enjoy your special day on June 9 and you will feel well enough to really appreciate it. Thank you for your post and for being vulnerable and honest.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 20, 2022 07:55PM wheatfields wrote:

Chris, thank you so much for sharing with us. Your faith is a beautiful testimony of your love for the Lord and your family and friends. You are such a blessing to us and many others, we are praying that your special day is wonderful and that you will be feeling well enough to enjoy everything about it. Hershey, yes my nurse friend will go with me to the hand surgery. We've been friends for many years and she has always been very good in helping me with situations where it is difficult to hear. I like to tell her that I'm good "education" for her especially in these last few years with more doctor appointments and then the masks that make lip reading impossible. GB, I'm also praying for your work situation, and we would love to see your blanket. And Nancy, I'm praying for your PT and all digestive issues.

Love, Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/16/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 20, 2022 09:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hershey, we must have been posting at the same time. I hope your new therapist will help with your shoulder. My therapist I have now was my shoulder therapist when my shoulder was damaged after a breast ultrasound. Yeah, I know, how does that happen? Actually my shoulder started acting up again a few weeks ago and I have been looking for my sheets that gave me all the exercises. Haven't found it yet. I do know that shoulders do take time if there has been an injury. Mine did work at the time and I did continue the home exercises long after my PT was over.

I have a prayer request. I have a contractor to rebuild my porch. It has been a LONG time getting this off the ground. I will tell you the unique situation after it is over. He canceled on me last Saturday for "interesting" reasons. We postponed until tomorrow which is forecast to rain. So he is possibly coming on Sunday afternoon even though I told him the HOA rules do not allow contractors to work on Sundays. Then he informs me he is leaving for France on the 30th and he can only work on the weekends. So I am up a creek at this point not sure if he can or will do the job after months of planning this. Please pray that this can get done by next weekend.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 21, 2022 09:05AM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, your comment about being injured after an ultrasound got me thinking. My previous physical therapist once told me that she saw many patients who had suffered injuries during or following a medical procedure. A surgeon or technician would incorrectly move or position a limb or joint, and the patient would end up with an injury. I hope you find your sheet of home shoulder exercises soon. My new therapist did not give me a hard copy but only assigned three exercises to do on my own. They are quite basic, so easy for my old brain to remember. :)

I hope your contractor can complete your porch by Memorial Day weekend. It's a relief when projects are finished, especially on time.

May 21, 2022 09:30AM sunshine99 wrote:

Wow, so much going on with all of us. I apologize for not mentioning each of you but know that I do read each post and do pray for you. We had family here last week (DH side of the family), going to see my dad this weekend, then our kids are coming down next weekend. Sister and BIL are selling their house and are in escrow. Hectic times, but am reminding myself that "it is well with my soul."

Love to all,

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 21, 2022 01:17PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Good morning everyone.

I discovered a rash on my hip in the middle of the night. Since this whole week I have been struggling with this weird fatigue I decided I needed to act fast as I thought Lyme Disease since I have been out in the woods numerous times knowing there were deer ticks and deer where I was. My niece contracted Lyme Disease and caught it early and has not suffered from it so I knew early detection was key. Thank God the doctor who I have had before at this place, and one whom I trust said she thought it looked more like an abrasion. She said it is definitely NOT Lyme Disease so I was very relieved. She ordered some blood work and said she would call me at home in an hour or so. They were only taking walk ins and apparently have had a big uptick in sick people. I had this lady across from me that was coughing her head off and took her mask off. I didn't want to be rude and sat there for a long time and finally thought I need to go sit out in the hall which I did. Then there was a lady out there coughing too but not nearly as bad as my first encounter. They sent the results back to me really fast and I have been looking closely at them. I don't see anything of a revelation as to explain my fatigue but I am suspecting it might be an electrolyte issue as I have been drinking some electrolyte water periodically and I did have some yesterday which did make me feel some better and could have positively affected my sodium levels on the blood test. So it could be my take away that I should continue drinking that every day.

Carol, it sounds like you have been busy which hopefully has been a good time with family and then this weekend with your family.

Hershey, I was in terrible pain when she was doing the ultrasound. This was when my bc was discovered 8 yrs ago. I should have spoken up but I knew it was critical what they were doing. I will NEVER make that mistake again. In fact I did have to have another breast ultrasound a few yrs ago and this time I did speak up and they positioned my arm that was more comfortable and didn't hurt my shoulder. I hope your exercises work. It is funny because I remember my first shoulder exercises better than the other ones. I have so much going on now with my pelvic floor exercises and back exercises that I am a bit overwhelmed with just that. I am in the process of purging and reorganizing paperwork so I do hope to eventually find those exercises.

Wheatfields, thanks for mentioning my GI tract. I made some abrupt changes in eating this week to especially deal with that issue. It has helped but possibly caused the fatigue I have been feeling. Praying for your surgery coming up.

I hope you all enjoy the weekend. Today has been gloomy and rainy all day so far. I can say this. Our grass looks really nice and green!!!

Love,

Nancy

May 21, 2022 07:34PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, yes we still need to keep diligence with our masks. There is another Covid wave happening as will happen with any active virus. I have also learned to be persistent and assertive with my medical needs. A doctor once told me that if a doctor doesn't like me being assertive, to change doctors. Their purpose is to listen to their patients. Hershey, that includes around any medical techs. I once had a lab tech blow into his gloves before putting them on. Like that was sterile! It is against my personality, but I have learned to speak up.

Nancy, I understand struggling with GI tract issues as I am still struggling with mine. It is about time I spoke up again and asked for a dosage reduction. I have had to sit in my recliner all day. My oncologist told me if things were still happening to speak up and she would do that. I appreciate her attifude. I must get some more energy and get this house finished and so I can feel well when my family arrives. My DH is doing a lot and I feel bad about it, but it is the way things are now.

Carol, I will pray you have energy for all of your activities. Family can be great.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 21, 2022 08:24PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, I guess we have both spent the day in our recliners. The doctor was to call me at home but I have a feeling she was so backed up by closing that I bet they had to turn people away. That happened to me in the past.

She did send test results immediately and she wrote some notes. I was mildly dehydrated. My pelvic therapist wanted me to drink less water than I had been so somehow I have to find a happy medium.

I am like you and it is not in my personality to speak up when I should. I would definitely ask for a dosage reduction since that was already mentioned to you in the past I think. I know my GI issues are caused by my antibiotics which I know may take a very long time to resolve but in your case you are probably certain it is caused by your new drug. I do hope you can get a reduction and feel much better. I am still praying your house will all fall into place and be ready for your guests.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

May 22, 2022 09:12AM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, I'm glad it's not Lyme Disease but I wish they could put a name on it and give you something for it. It's hard that you're being told to drink less water. How are you supposed to stay hydrated?

Chris, I hope you're feeling better soon.

For some reason, I'm having a hard time typing on my laptop keyboard. Think I'll call it quits and just read all the posts. It's Blog update day. Wish me luck!

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 22, 2022 09:24AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Carol, I pray that God will give you the words to type for your blog. Regarding the drinking water issue.............my pelvic floor therapist recommended a certain amount of water which I had been exceeding. So I probably backed off too much. The rash was actually an abrasion. You would think that I would know when that happened but traipsing around in the woods for several days and my own gardening who knows what could have happened. Anyway I am going to be drinking my electrolyte water every day and see if I can see any improvement to my fatigue.

Got to run. Have a great day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Page 1831 of 1,845 (18,441 results)

Scroll to top button