Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1841 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Jun 21, 2022 01:18PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone. I could use your prayers. I am sick with quite a few Covid symptoms. I had ordered some self tests a few weeks ago and they came recently. I am so fatigued I have not even felt like doing the test yet. I know that it is important to seek treatment early and my primary doctor was okay with me not choosing to get the second booster but I did get the pneumonia vaccine.

I was with hundreds of people at this legacy breakfast on Saturday. That was the first in a long time I had not worn a mask at church. Of course I am concerned living alone and trying to figure out how I am going to manage if I have to quarantine. I have been concerned with my cat again.

Teka, your first peony bloom is beautiful. Growing up we had a big peony plant in our front yard. They make a beautiful bouquet as well. How is your knee doing? Actually the friend that I spent the day with at the arboretum is the friend who has an arthritic knee and is walking the Chicago Marathon in Oct. She is also a bc survivor. We are having a scorcher of a day here. I would gladly send you some of our heat!!! Yes. I may make a greeting card from that swan pic.

GB I am sorry you are having so much joint pain and headaches. I had considered CBD and discussed it with my social worker in oncology at one point. I think it is becoming more mainstream. I have had a lot of joint pain but never in my ankles. I think it would be wise to get an ortho evaluation. I have fibromyalgia and I know that nutrition is key in reducing inflammation. If you google foods that cause inflammation there are a lot of things on that list. Sugar is a big one along with foods that normally have gluten. Praying you can get some answers and solutions. I hope you will get to see baby bluebirds soon.

Chris, are you feeling any better? I know you mentioned not feeling well a couple of days ago. I would imagine that it takes some time for your body to acclimate to your new drug and new dose. I am praying that it will work for you and that you will be able to manage the side effects.

I hope nothing is wrong at your neighbors. That does sound alarming. Just a few minutes ago I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye walking by my patio door. It was a raccoon. It eventually found it's way to my neighbors deck where they have quite an elaborate grill. Many years ago there was a family living under that deck and it was a real nightmare. One of them would crawl up on my roof and leave deposits up there in the hot sun. I remember a friend came over with a long ladder and I had to get up on my roof to remove the "stuff". I sure don't want to revisit that whole scenario.

Thank you for your nice comment on the swan photo.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 21, 2022 02:13PM - edited Jul 21, 2022 06:28PM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Jun 21, 2022 02:28PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone. I did test positive for Covid. Shocked I just sent a message to my primary doctor. He told me in May that they have effective treatments now. So we'll see.

Teka, I'm glad you aren't doing the flamingo stand anymore. Yeah!!!

I was around so many people these last few days. I don't even know where to begin.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 21, 2022 02:44PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear of your Covid diagnosis and am praying you have mild symptoms and a quick recovery. They do have medicine that will help you now. My DH got his second booster just before our kids arrived but I have postposed it because I did not want to be sick when they were here. I am also still afraid of attending large gatherings and you just confirmed my fear.

I still do not feel well. Someone on the Verzemio thread told me it often takes several months for one to adjust to Verzenio and to be patient. I am trying. I am also hoping I adjust to the altitude here soon. I know from nefore that it usually takes six months to a year to acclimate. I live at 7000 ft and am still trying to remember how to adjust my cooking. My oxygen levels remain good and I am happy about that. I don't like sitting so much but it is about all I can do. I want so badly to be able to walk our new neighborhood but just can't yet. I have no idea what happened with the neighbor but I haven't heard the dogs since this morning.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 21, 2022 07:57PM - edited Jul 21, 2022 06:28PM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Jun 22, 2022 06:47AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy--sorry you are sick---I hope you can get some rest and feel better!!!

HersheyKiss--I was looking at trying some Omega 3. The nurse didn't mention the capsacian, but did mention Voltaren gel. I do try to keep moving, with the limited things I can do. Probably touching base with a PT at some point would be helpful. I need practical things I can do at home.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jun 22, 2022 07:20AM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, I'm SO sorry. I hope you get relief soon! I keep hearing about neighbors getting COVID. So far, we've been symptom free. Regarding the racoons, we had some trying to get under our house last week. My husband had sealed up the perimeter of the house around the foundation where they used to get in. I guess they were trying to figure out how to get back under there.

Our neighbor said they've been stealing his landscape lighting. He finally caught them on his security cameras! One thing we've tried, and it actually worked was ammonia bombs. Take some tennis balls and soak them in ammonia (a zip lock bag works great) and then put them in the areas with the raccoons. It doesn't hurt them, but they don't like the smell. Just be careful not to breathe the stuff when you're making them.

Chris, I hope you're feeling better, too. Altitude adjustment can take a while, from what I hear. I'm sorry the Verzemio isn't being kind do you!

Love and prayers to all,

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 22, 2022 07:43AM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, I'm so sorry about your testing positive for COVID. I hope that your doctor will quickly prescribe an oral antiviral medication or monoclonal antibody infusion. So much has changed since the start of the pandemic, and many pharmacies offer same-day home delivery. I'm hoping you won't have to venture out of the house for treatment.

Jun 22, 2022 08:49PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Teka, I hope you enjoy your hiatus from the threads. Take care.

I got a message from my primary doctor's nurse this morning. I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and I finally went back to bed shortly before sunrise. I did sleep and got up late. The nurse gave me a ton of info on quarantining and then said to call a number to schedule a video visit with my doctor. I was on the phone for 45 min and I was feeling horrible and getting more frustrated as my calls were repeatedly getting cut off. After talking to the third customer service guy I explained that the earliest my doctor could get me in for a video visit was not until June 28 and that was too late to get in on some of these treatments. I finally said why can't I just go to urgent care. H said I will make an apt for you so I got in late this afternoon. I had been reading up on Paxlovid and it had pros and cons to it. I prayed that God would direct me to the right treatment for me. The NP that treated me I had been treated by her in the past and I had a lot of confidence in her. She spent a lot of time with me and she said I think that monoclonal antibodies would be the best choice for you. I am at high risk for serious illness so I knew I wanted some kind of intervention. I had to read this four page document and I decided to go for it. It was administered through an IV and then I had to be monitored for an hour as strong side effects can occur. I had none which amazed me. She did say that tomorrow I would feel like I had the flu. So it sounds like the scenario where you have to feel worse before you feel better. I felt horrible yesterday and this morning and I do feel some better. I am supposed to report back to my doctor. The nurse that gave me the IV said many of the primary doctors don't want to see Covid patients in person. She said when it is so important to check lungs and vitals she really didn't think that was appropriate. She said if I have any complications or get worse to not waste my time getting an apt with the doctor but to come right back to urgent care. Of course I am concerned about things getting worse or getting long Covid. One of my good friends who used to be a part of this thread has been battling long Covid for a long time. She has made amazing progress but she has been through the ringer in the process. Anyone can get long Covid and from my understanding and researching there is no treatment for it yet which I find amazing since there are so many people that have it.

Thank you all for your support and prayers and posts. I have not entered the inside of a restaurant since pre pandemic times and this past Friday is the first I had eaten inside a restaurant. I was telling all the people that treated me today that. The nurse said we have been getting that a lot lately. She said I think everyone will eventually get it as it will be as common as getting the flu. One thing with this treatment is it makes future vaccines less effective.

Carol, I haven't told my neighbors about the raccoon yet. I know they can wreak havoc. I have never heard of the stealing landscape lighting but I know there hands can do a lot of things the cause humans grief. I just my neighbors tonight as I was driving home from urgent care and I told them I had Covid. I didn't want to get into the raccoon thing as I was fearful of spreading my germs even though I had on a mask. I will tell them via a text. It is their deck that the racoons can get under. I have a patio and they can't get under that.

GB, I can't take much for pain as my stomach just doesn't tolerate it but I have found that I can take Tumeric and that has been very helpful for my knees. I used to use Voltaren when it was prescription. I had some foot issues and that did help as well.

Chris, I am really sorry to hear that you have found that Verzenio takes so long for your body to adjust to it. That has to be hard to hear when you have already been through so much. I do pray that your body will adjust to your meds and the altitude. The one and only time I was in Denver I visited what I think was the continental divide. That was the first I had ever experienced shortness of breath because of altitude so in my very limited experience I just remember it wasn't pleasant.

Have a good night dear sisters. Thanks for your prayers and I would still covet them as I get through this.

Love,

Nancy

Jun 23, 2022 07:24AM wheatfields wrote:

Nancy I am sorry that you are battling Covid and you are so brave choosing the IV treatment but I am sure it was the best option, also I enjoyed your pretty pictures you have posted. We are all praying that you are soon on the mend and feeling better.

Praying for you Chris that your body adjusts to the new med and that you feel better soon. I am so glad you had a wonderful time with family.

Also, praying for your work situation GB and for Hershey and Carol as well.

My hands are getting better, they said to massage the incision with vitamin e oil but it seems like a hard little lump and gets sore with too much massaging. I've had a sensitive stomach all my life, and was diagnosed before with dyspepsia. But it's been bothering me more lately and have an appointment for Monday (mostly to make sure it's still the same old story). I did have some tests about 12 years ago and for this same kind of burning sensation in the stomach.

Continuing in prayer for all of you and thank you so much for your prayers!

Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/16/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1841 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button