Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1842 of 1,845 (18,441 results)

Jun 23, 2022 07:46AM intolight wrote:

Good morning dear sisters.

Nancy, praying your IV treatment works. I find it a paradox that doctors do not want to see you when you are sick!

Wheatfields, glad your hands are improving and I will pray for an easy solution for your stomach issues.

GB, how are your headaches? Continued prayers for Hershey and Carol also.

My DH has come down with what we hope is just a cold. We have no idea where he caught it but we have pulled out the air purifiers and sanitizers hoping it is not too late for me. I don't feel well still but I did have a small burst of energy last night--enough to do the dishes and put away some clean clothes. I am still having pain in my left side but it is less today. It is usually a result of my IBS so I don't worry too much. Looks like another beautiful day here. We enjoyed seeing the stars last night. Hopefully it meant the fires in AZ are getting under control as we have been getting their smoke here. It crawls over the Rockies and settles here before dissipating.

Have a good day. Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 23, 2022 08:51AM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, it sounds like they're getting a handle on this. I hope the treatment isn't too hard on you.

Wheatfields, I'm sorry you're dealing with stomach issues.

Today seems to be starting off a bit better. I did wake up at about 12:40 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I dozed off and on and finally woke up around 7:45.

Wishing everyone a peaceful, symptom free day.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 23, 2022 12:09PM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, I'm glad that you were able to receive treatment yesterday. It sounds like the monoclonal antibodies offer the best treatment plan for you. I too have reservations about the oral antiviral (Paxlovid) and its interactions with so many other medications. Long COVID is also a concern of mine; recent research reported that one in five people with COVID end up developing long COVID, and women seem more susceptible to it than men. I pray that you recover from this COVID bout with no lasting symptoms.

Chris, I hope your husband is feeling better and that he is experiencing summertime allergies only. If something other than allergies, I'm praying that you will not contract it.

Wheatfields, it sounds like you're making very good progress in your recovery from hand surgery. Keep up your good work! I hope the indigestion settles down soon and the appointment on Monday eases your mind.

Yesterday afternoon I pulled into my garage and saw what looked to be a dirt clod in the middle of the driveway. It was no dirt clod but a baby robin! One of the parents flew to it and coaxed it into my neighbor's yard. I think there is a nest in one of the evergreens, and this little one is ready to go.

Wishing everyone a peace filled rest of the day.

Jun 24, 2022 08:39AM zjrosenthal wrote:

Nancy I hope the monoclonal antibodies are helping you feel better. Just prayed for all the needs mentioned here as I caught up on the posts.

Dx 7/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/10/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/7/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 11/2/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/2/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/2/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/26/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/18/2015 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 3/15/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy Immunotherapy

Jun 24, 2022 03:26PM gb2115 wrote:

Hi Chris! Haven't had a headache since Monday, which is definitely an improvement! I think a lot of it is work stress. I wonder sometimes if I should mention it to the MO, but I think mets wouldn't disappear over the weekend. I've been having neck pain too, but I have impressive muscle tension in there. I probably should go get a massage, but to be honest, I don't want to get that close to another person.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jun 26, 2022 12:45PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am not bouncing back from Covid as I had hoped. I had been feeling better last night and then I got very little sleep and got up very early after getting to bed very late and I feel awful today. My sleep schedule is really goofed up. I feel like I have been sick forever and I realize that it hasn't even been a week yet. I am so fearful of getting long haul Covid that each day I don't feel good is not helping. I know many have quickly recovered from the Omicron variant. I was supposed to check my oxygen levels and I had ordered a pulse oximeter which was supposed to have arrived on Thursday. It never came and now is saying it may be lost. The seller is taking no responsibility and putting it all back on Amazon. Not sure what to do about that. I still have to follow up with my primary doctor and I haven't even attempted to make that apt. I wonder if he will only want to see me by video. A little hard to check vitals online!

My NP at urgent care in her after visit summary said I need to isolate for 10 days. I am not sure why they didn't recommend the new CDC guideline of 5 days but I wouldn't have felt like doing anything after the five days anyway.

Chris, how are you feeling? How is your DH doing? I sure hope he doesn't have Covid. If I hadn't had the home test kit I would have never known as my symptoms started like a bad head cold.

GB, glad to hear your headaches have improved.

Jean, how is your LE therapy coming along?

Wheatfields, I'm sorry to hear about your GI problems. I hope you can get some relief and solutions. I can sympathize as I am still dealing with similar issues.

Hershey, how is your shoulder doing after PT?

Carol, I bet you are working on your next blog. I look at things through a different "lens" now that I am into photography. I bet you do similar types of thinking as you decide on what your next topic will be.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2022 03:53PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear you are still struggling with Covid with little sleep and not having a doctor's support. I can't imaging going through all of it alone. Does your insurance allow for a travelling nurse to check vitals? I think it is something Kaiser started with Covid and I was thankful for it when I went home from the hospital and coudn't get out. I also ordered home testing kits when my DH got sick. I wondered whether he had Covid but he feels better already. They haven't arrived yet but I don't think we will need to test this time. I didn't catch his virus but I still don't feel well. I have had stomach pain for a week now. I see my oncologist July 7th and I hope I can wait that long. Usually it goes away in a couple of days but not this time. I am trying to stay upbeat but am struggling emotionally a bit worrying whether this medicine is working at all. Sometimes it gets overwhelming.

gb, I am glad your headaches are better. I agree with not wanting to get too close to someone with a massage. I was told not to get a massage since my bones are suspect with tumors so I haven't had one in six years.

I am praying for the rest of you, Jean, Wheatfields, Carol, and Hershey. It is good to have a place where we know we have others who know and care about what we are going through. Praying God showers you all with His blessing. Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 26, 2022 04:28PM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, I am so sorry that COVID is putting a strain on your rest and recuperation. Chris makes a good point about the visiting nurses. Would your medical insurance helpline be of assistance in arranging those services?

Chris, I am glad that your husband is feeling better but very sorry that your stomach pain persists. Is it possible to get on the oncologist's cancellation list for an appointment before the 7th?

GB, you are prudent about not wanting to schedule a massage for the time being. I too am uncomfortable with being in a tiny room so close to another person.

Blessings on everyone's week.

Jun 26, 2022 06:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi again. I had a friend who lives in another state call and find out where I could get a pulse oximeter near me. She happened to find MY pharmacy and found out they had one and they could deliver it. So I called and it was just as much a nightmare as trying to get a doctor's apt the other day. They dropped my call twice after waiting on hold for a long time. I finally ordered it online. I feel worn out just from this whole fiasco. I then got a refund from Amazon. Now I have to clean up the kitchen. I just need a burst of energy.

My insurance is always bugging me about their house calls program. I have always refused as it seemed like a waste of time since I already see so many doctors. This oximeter will be coming tomorrow morning so that will give me something to go on. I will not hesitate to go back to urgent care if I feel like I need to.

Chris, I am concerned about your stomach pain. Hershey makes a good point on trying to get on your MO's cancelation list. I hope you can do that. We will be praying for you.

Take care everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2022 07:26PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, I have lived with a pulse oximeter since my lung troubles in San Diego. When we moved to Colorado Springs I checked it nightly because of the altitude but my oxygen continues to be good. That is all part of God's healing grace. I even carried it around in my purse for a couple of months. We bought a new one when we moved to CO as the one I carried around was a little beat up. I am sorry you have had so much trouble getting one.

Page 1842 of 1,845 (18,441 results)

Scroll to top button