Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1843 of 1,863 (18,627 results)

Jun 27, 2022 09:26AM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, I hope the pulse oximeter arrives on time today. I'm so sorry the pharmacy's phone system dropped your calls and made things difficult for you. A phone call to the pharmacy should be as uncomplicated for patients as possible. I pray that today is a more peaceful day for you.

Jun 27, 2022 09:32AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, praying that you feel better soon.

Regarding not wanting to get close for a massage, I feel the same way about a haircut. I have pretty wild chemo curls that I will need to eventually deal with. But I haven't wanted to go in. Everyone keeps telling me I look good though...but I don't know what to do with these curls!!!

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jun 27, 2022 10:55AM intolight wrote:

This was in my Susie Larson Daily Blessings for today and I resonated well with me today. I thought I would share...

Daily Blessing

You may be walking through a storm, but you're going to be okay. You may feel like you're in over your head, but you will make it to the other side. You may feel like you have to be perfect to deserve God's intervention but you're wrong. He guards and guides you not because you're perfect, but because He is. You may wonder if God sees the mess around you, and He does. He's working out every nuance, every detail, for your good and for His glory. You may wonder about a lot of things, but never wonder about His love. He's mighty to save, powerful in love, and forever on His throne. He is committed to you, invested in your life, and fully prepared to see your story all the way through to its beautiful completion. Rest assured today.

Psalm 91:1-2 NLT ~ Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 27, 2022 11:23AM sunshine99 wrote:

Where to start? I wasn't here yesterday, and I missed so much!

Chris, WOW, and thank you! Your post gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful reminder of the love, care, and compassion our Father has for us.

Nancy, I'm so sorry you've been suffering with yucky COVID stuff and can't even get your pulse oximeter delivered. I have one and use it fairly often, depending on how I'm feeling. I hope yours gets delivered today!

I'm trying a new/different Intermittent Fasting plan. While I have tried it before, my fasts weren't "clean." "Clean" means that my morning coffee is drunk black, with NO milk, and NO sugar-free eggnog latte syrup. Boo-hoo. I'm not enjoying the coffee but am starting to get used to it. Fasting is water, black coffee, tea, etc., all of which are unflavored and unsweetened.

I was getting so frustrated at this 15-pound weight gain (I know it may not seem like a lot) and the jelly roll/muffin top around my waist - all since my MBC diagnosis and the COVID chaos which both started around the same time.

Anyway, it's good to catch up on all the posts. I apologize for not mentioning each one of you specifically. Know that you are loved.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 27, 2022 12:43PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Wheatfields, praying for your scans for tomorrow. Do you think your dyspepsia could be aggravated by the stress of these scans. I sure hope that you feel better and praying you will.

Chris, your devotional really resonated with me and I know it did for you too. Praying you feel much better and by some miracle get into your MO earlier than expected.

I slept really well. In fact another very late start to this day. When I was laying in bed I thought I want to get up get a bath, wash my hair, get dressed and do some laundry which hasn't been done for days and water my flowers outside. Then when I actually got up and realized I may need to rethink all of that. I did get my oximeter and I need to take a bath and eat and then figure out how to use it.

My internet went out a few minutes ago but it is thankfully back up and running now. I will make some decisions after I have eaten and bathed.

Thank you for your concerns and your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 27, 2022 01:47PM hersheykiss wrote:

Chris, your daily devotion is encouraging and comforting. God has all things in hand!

GB, my stylist cuts clients' hair outdoors at their houses or hers. Would yours be open to something like that? If not, maybe hop on Nextdoor. Someone may know a stylist or is one and will do a cut outdoors for you.

Carol, you are more disciplined than I am when it comes to morning coffee. Black coffee with no sugar-free sweetener? Say it isn't so!! ;-)

Jun 27, 2022 05:15PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone.

I did get a bath, washed my hair and got dressed for the first time in several days. I actually did a load of laundry too so if I have to go to the hospital at least I will have clean underwear!!!!! (just joking- I am NOT expecting to go to the hospital) I don't feel great and some of my symptoms have returned but I feel like I am going in the right direction. I got my oximeter up and running and so far no oxygen issues. I actually made some coffee which I haven't done in a while. I have discovered Nutpods as a better creamer for my diet. Hershey, I am with you..........NO black coffee. Carol, I hope your new fasting regimen works.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 27, 2022 07:39PM wheatfields wrote:

Chris, I loved your devotional - it is so very meaningful and comforting for every day. Thank you for sharing it. I'm praying for an earlier appointment for you and that your DH is feeling much better.

Nancy, I'm glad the oximeter is here and praying that you are feeling better each day. With all that you accomplished it does sound good, be careful not too overdo. Yes, I think stomach issues could very well be aggravated by stress. I did go to a gastroenterologist today and he took some blood and ordered a stool sample (he said we will start with simple tests). I don't think of blood work as simple but the Lord did provide for me. Thank you for your prayers!

Carol - I'm praying that your fasting works out for you real well, it does sound hard to do clean fasting.

Praying for Hershey and GB too and thank you all for your prayers.

Love, Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/16/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 28, 2022 12:55PM sunshine99 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Nancy I'm glad you are starting to feel better and well enough to bathe and do some laundry! That's a lot! And sleeping well is a big one!

Hershey, although I'm not enjoying my black coffee like I used to enjoy my milk plus sugar-free eggnog latte syrup, I'm getting used to it. I supposed I could have it during my eating window, but that doesn't start until after 1:00 pm. Maybe I'll have it this afternoon.

Wheatfields, I prayed for you and your scans today.

Love and prayers for GB and all of you dear sisters!

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 28, 2022 06:24PM - edited Jun 28, 2022 06:26PM by hersheykiss

Wheatfields, it sounds like your appointment went well and the gastroenterologist took a reasonable approach. I hope he has an answer for you soon and the solution is a straightforward one.

Carol, I'm rooting for you and a successful fast!

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better and stronger today.

Wishing everyone a blessed evening.

Page 1843 of 1,863 (18,627 results)

Scroll to top button