Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 02:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 02:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1844 of 1,844 (18,436 results)

Jun 28, 2022 11:52PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Wheatfields, I hope you get results from your scans very soon. I hope your gastro tests will reveal something that could easily be treated. You are now sounding like a pro having blood tests. Good for you. Praying you feel much better.

Last night I had plans for today of doing more laundry and maybe even some cleaning but it was not one of those days. I didn't get dressed and have had very little energy.

I have had my pulse oximeter all of two days so I am still trying to understand how it is reading. Yesterday it was reading quite well. Today I was a little alarmed that it kept getting lower and lower. Because of my low thyroid I usually always have cold hands and feet so I was aware to try to warm up my fingers before taking a reading.

I did make an in person visit with my doctor. I won't see him until next Wed as I didn't want to see him really early in the morning and was hoping I would feel better before driving. He said I could see him either in a video visit or in person.

Thank you for your posts and prayers.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 29, 2022 12:49PM - edited Jun 29, 2022 12:58PM by sunshine99

Nancy, what kind of pulse oximeter are you using? I have the finger-type. It's kind of like the kind they use at the clinic.

I hope you start feeling better. It's worrisome when your O2 sats are dropping. I'm glad you're seeing your doctor in person. Video visits are good for some things, but not so much for other things.

Carol

EDITED to add I just went on Amazon and looked at them. There are lots of choices - including one that "lets you sleep with no hard feelings." That one cracked me up!

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jun 29, 2022 06:27PM wheatfields wrote:

Thank you everyone for your prayers. The scans did turn out good and I'm so thankful. Continuing to pray for all of you!

Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/17/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 29, 2022 08:46PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Wheatfields, so glad to hear your scans were good!!!! I bet you will breathe a lot easier and hopefully your stomach issues will improve as a result as well.

Chris, how are you feeling? Your DH?

Carol, my pulse oximeter is a finger one like at most doctor's offices. It is a Walgreen's brand and it got a lot of good reviews. Their others were quite expensive and this was over twice what I paid to Amazon for the one that got lost. It doesn't work while I am sleeping though. LOL It is still reading leaving me scratching my head. I will be glad to be checked out by my doctor next week. I am feeling better today but I am very dependent on Tylenol still to keep my temp down. I finished another load of laundry so that is a good sign. I can't imagine those poor souls that were hospitalized for months with Covid. I know how isolated I feel now and what they must have felt like only seeing medical staff in all of their suites looking like a scene from ET!!!! I asked the nurse that gave me the infusion of monoclonal antibodies last week if she still gets nervous around people with Covid since she only had on a mask. She said not really but initially I know that wasn't the case. I don't know if I mentioned this but she told me she thinks eventually everyone will be infected with Covid. That was a chilling statement. I do know that Omicron is so much more contagious and that the vaccines are not protecting us from that variant very well. She mentioned people getting Covid multiple times. I think I will be living with my mask on for a very long time when I do go out. Actually any Covid vaccines for me now will be ineffective for 90 days because of this treatment. I just know I don't want to get this again!!!!

Take care everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

14 hours ago gb2115 wrote:

Glad to hear about your scan, wheatfields!

Nancy, hoping you feel better soon. I agree with that nurse, that everyone will probably eventually get it, including the asymptomatic cases that no one knows about. My case in Dec wasn't as bad as yours, but it was still pretty bad and I would not want it again. I'm happier in a mask and when others are wearing them around me. I was disheartened when I was called into the chemo room this week (zoladex shot), and the nurse had her mask hanging around her mouth. In the chemo room. I kind of stared at her and tugged at my own mask to make sure it was secure, which then reminded her, apparently, to pull hers up.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

11 hours ago intolight wrote:

Hooray Wheatfields! So happy to hear about your scan results!!!

gb, I agree with you that we will all get Covid either for the first time or again. I think I got it before Covid became well-known, but am unsure. I have not had it that I know of during the pandemic even though I was heavily exposed several times. My daughter, the new RN, says most nurses aren't overly concerned anymore. They think it is inevitable, like the flu, and go to work even when sick. I don't agree, but I can't fight the masses. I wear my mask in the hospital/doctor setting but rarely anywhere else here in Colorado but wore it always in California. People are more spread out here, and we were surrounded by young twenty-somethings in Cali who were not as careful. That was the beach community culture. I do use sanitizer a lot and keep my distance. I have not had my third booster yet and am debating whether to get it...

I am feeling better. The stomach pain is gone--probably IBS flare-up. I never called. I am still weak but I think that is meds--part of the reason I hesitate to get the booster. MY DH has really stepped up with the housework and anything else I need. It has improved my daily outlook. My daughter wants a puppy so we will see how that goes! Our city is celebrating the Fourth of July today with fireworks, etc., so we are having a family Bar B Que here at our house. I've been told we will have a great view from our balcony.

Have a great day dear sisters in Christ. Celebrate our freedom and cherish the peace.

Love, Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Page 1844 of 1,844 (18,436 results)

Scroll to top button