Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1845 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Jul 4, 2022 12:49PM sunshine99 wrote:

Dear Nancy, I'm so sorry you're not feeling better yet, and that depression is hanging over you like a cloud. I pray that God sends you little shafts of light and that no one implies that you "should" just be happy. I wish I could help lift the cloud over you. I'm glad my blog post spoke to you. Guilt - especially for something we can't control - is such a heavy burden.

Intolight, wheatfields, gb, hersheykiss, I wish for all of you a peaceful day. (My apologies to anyone I left out.)

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 5, 2022 11:19AM intolight wrote:

Nancy, I am praying for you today and that God sits beside you and His presence lifts you up.

I hope my words did not imply to just "be happy"... that was never my intent and is wrong in so many ways. If I hurt someone with my words, please forgive me and throw them away with the chaff. If I could I would sit with you all and cry with you.

I read this morning the words written just before a friend died of a brain tumor... "Are you running towards life or running away from death?" I have to sit and chew on this for awhile.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 5, 2022 01:34PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you all for your prayers. I really appreciate them and your posts. I went to bed with a bad headache and woke up with one too. I have to get out today and pick up some things at the store. My grocery delivery this weekend goofed on one of my orders so now I need to get more food to last for the week. I have to go to the vet and get Cammie's needed appetite stimulant meds which Chewy online was out of stock. So this will be my first time out and I hope I am up to it.

I did do another covid test today and have tested negative which I was relieved. I did hear from a friend that she knows many people who have contracted Covid in the last few weeks and has been hit pretty hard with it. Not that I want others to suffer from this but it made me feel a bit better knowing it is not just me that is struggling and that maybe it is going to take a while to recover from this. I did find a landscaping business that is obviously a Christian based operation. They had a unique approach in that you would get $20 off if you read this particular passage from the Bible which was on salvation. We are expecting rain for several days in a row so I may wait and see if I see a dramatic improvement in the way I feel before reaching out to them.

Chris, you didn't say anything wrong in your post. I am so sorry that you have been struggling so much. I am feeling emotionally better than that day I posted so I am relieved about that. If I could feel physically better it would help. Yesterday I am sure most of you have heard on the news that there was a mass shooting in a Chicago suburb that happened during this town's July 4th parade. This has been upsetting on many levels. I have endured three nights of fireworks from my neighbors which has been frustrating to say the least as Cammie is terrorized by this. Yesterday there were fireworks going on outside my bedroom window at 5am and I am pretty sure I know who was the culprit. I was fuming as sleep has not come easy to me these last two weeks. Is this another test I did not pass????

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 8, 2022 04:21PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I thought I would send you my last picture taken before getting sick. Actually this brunch at my church celebrating our 55 yr anniversary is where I think I contracted Covid. They honored a Christian lady who has had a huge impact on my life as a teacher, counselor, psychologist and now an ordained pastor. She leads mission trips all over the world and is just an amazing and inspirational person. She organized this huge event where hundreds were in attendance. At our table were beautiful roses and she made sure that we ALL went home with something on the table as she hates to waste anything. So I decided that day that I would pick out a rose worthy of making into a card to send to her as she was recuperating from back surgery and still managed to organize this big event.

I saw my doctor on Wed. and when the nurse came in she said it is taking people a long time to get over Covid. The doctor told me it would takes weeks to feel better. When he could tell how discouraged I was he said well in your case since you are in good health he predicted two more weeks. I didn't know if that was just a pep talk or what. Yesterday I felt better than I had been feeling and decided to go about my day doing my normal things. Well by evening when I had to get my garbage containers to the curb I could hardly make it out there. So thinking I could just will myself better obviously didn't quite work out like I thought it might. He told me to slowly get back into my walking which I haven't done yet.

Chris, I think you were seeing your oncologist yesterday. How did that go? Will you have scans anytime soon to see if your new med is working?

I have prayed for all of you and I hope you are doing well. I can't believe it is Friday already. Have a good weekend.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 8, 2022 08:40PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, beautiful rose picture. I am sorry it is taking you so long to recover from Covid. I am hearing the same thing from others. It is wonderful to have someone in your life who is such a blessing and that you were able to see her but I am sorry you ended up with Covid from it.

My oncology appointment went fine and I have a scan scheduled for the 22nd to see if the Verzenio is working. Thanks for asking. Meanwhile, I can do things in 15 minute increments, then I sit a while. At least I can do that. I rarely go out if I can help it just in case I need a bathroom close by. It is what it is.

Have a blessed weekend everyone. Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 8, 2022 09:36PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you Chris. I am sorry to hear others you know are suffering from the ill effects of Covid. I can't imagine dealing with what you are for such a long time. For me acceptance of what is was the part I needed to come to terms with. It sounds like you have done that and know your limitations. I am still trying to figure that out. I know it took me a long time to get to the kitchen tonight to fix dinner and now gaining strength to clean up is another battle.

I am still dealing with GI issues so I understand what you are saying. Without TMI my issues are not the same but still ones that make it hard to be in public for very long.

Are you adjusting to the altitude any better? Continued prayers for you.

Have a good weekend.

Love

Nancy

Jul 9, 2022 10:48AM sunshine99 wrote:

Good morning, lovely ladies! Chris, I have you down for the 22nd for your scan. That's this month, (July), right?

Nancy, I'm sorry you're deaing with GI issues. I don't like that we need to plan our days around bathroom locations! I heard from two more neighbors yesterday that they have COVID.

Wishing everyone a restful day with minimal (or just normal) bathroom visits!

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 13, 2022 03:18PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi dear sisters,

I am doing better but still dealing with fatigue. I have done some work in my yard and replaced flowers that bit the dust when I was not able to properly take care of them. I have been enjoying my hummingbirds. Yesterday late afternoon I finally got up my cascading fountain in my front yard. That felt like a great accomplishment and I was so grateful that it was probably the easiest time I have ever had putting it up. My solar equipment is now almost impossible to find. Either things have been discontinued or are out of stock. Last year I bought some backup parts just in case so I had those to use this year. I was so thrilled after watching this YouTube tutorial on how to repair fountain pumps. It was getting to the point where I was buying a new pump every year (I have two water fountains) and after watching these videos I took some of my old pumps that were sitting around and actually got them to work!!!! I was so thrilled. I am still waiting to get one more fountain up but that takes my neighbor next door to lift it up for me. I did mention it yesterday to him and he is willing to help. It will take him all of a minute to do. I am thankful for neighbors willing to help. If you love hummingbirds you might check out Robbie from S.Cal on Youtube. Her place is loaded with hummingbird feeders and birdbaths. If you google Robbie and hummingbirds I think you will find them. It always gives me a chance to smile while trying to have patience is this recovery.

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Jul 14, 2022 10:05AM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, it sounds like you are doing much better. Simple yard work tasks can be tiring even when one isn't dealing with fatigue. I'm impressed with your pump repair skills! My husband frequently uses YouTube for home maintenance jobs and repairs. It can be a wonderful, cost-effective resource. I'm glad that you found helpful videos to successfully complete the repairs.

Chris, I'm happy to see that your oncology appointment went well and praying that you receive a good scan report on the 22nd.

Wishing everyone a peaceful rest of the week.

Jul 14, 2022 12:01PM intolight wrote:

Nancy, so happy you are feeling better. I would love to be able to do some light yard work but I can't bend over without getting sick, so sadly it is not to be, I miss working with my flowers. We have a short growing season in Colorado anyway.

Hershey, thank you for thinking of me. My scan was moved to tomorrow. There is no rush, just availability. I gladly took it as the one on the 22nd was scheduled for 6:45 am and I don't do mornings well. This one is 1:30 pm yay! I had my faslodex shots yesterday so I am hoping I don't have pain from them the next couple of days. Last time was a little rough.

I never sent the picture of the mini fake anniversary cake my aunt made of the replica of my original one 50 years ago, so here it is. The cake wasn't all that big, but she made four full-sized sheet cakes to serve with it back then. The cake toppers are my original one and my parents. The only original picture has our pictures in it also and it is not real clear.

. The gold teapot was from my grandparen'ts 50th anniversary. I think three generations of 50th anniversaries is amazing!

Page 1845 of 1,852 (18,511 results)

Scroll to top button