Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 11:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 11:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1847 of 1,884 (18,839 results)

Jul 18, 2022 02:21PM intolight wrote:

Carol, I am singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" right now as I read the results from my latest scan. The results show no cancer activity anywhere including my liver, esophagus, stomach, spine, femur, etc., that all had activity in my precious scans. After six years of Stage IV treatment I can now say I NEAD, No Evidence of Active Disease. I have not spoken with my oncologist yet so I might have missed something, but I don't think so. God is so good! I feel lousy and have no energy and some pain, but if this is my trade-off for this new medicine I will accept it. I will let you know if the doctor says something different.

I am thankful Jean and Wheatfields that your treatment is going well.

Nancy I continue to pray for your complete healing from Covid, and I also keep gb and others in my daily prayers. Heather, welcome to this amazing group of ladies. I am praying for your peace of mind.

Praise God. Love, Chris

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 18, 2022 04:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Jean, I am glad you have come to the acceptance of your LE and realizing it is doable and not cancer. That is a great place to be.

Hershey, thank you for giving Heather some good advice. I hope she has found this thread again. I remember when I first found it when I tried to find it again it wasn't so easy.

Wheatfields, it really is important to get those scopes. I have had GI issues for years and when I changed to a new gastroenterologist years ago he immediately wanted both scopes done. I was not thrilled BUT if I hadn't got them it could have been bad news down the line. They discovered a precancerous polyp in my colon and polyps in my stomach which I think is unusual. They do a twilight kind of sedation where you won't remember any of it when it is done. I was able to have both done at the same time which makes it much more convenient as you have to have a driver for these procedures. If they find polyps in the colon they simply remove them while you are in your twilight sleep.

Carol, we should compare notes on the insomnia. I may try a new cocktail of supplements starting tonight. I have found that my system sort of gets used to certain meds and then becomes ineffective. So we'll see. Looking forward to your next blog post. I volunteered at an assisted living facility for 8 yrs and the last few years of that my ministry partner and I were on the "lockdown" floor with dementia patients. We would have a time of singing the old hymns. I would get so teary eyed and emotional that I had to stop singing. Some of the residents who who hardly spoke would sing and light up still remembering the old hymns. Great Is Thy Faithfulness is such a great reminder of the goodness of God. Thanks for sharing that.

GB. I am glad to hear work is going okay. Your orthodontics hopefully will be a good thing once they can get them adjusted. As someone who never had braces but now probably need them (not happening though at my age) I don't have a lot of experience with that other than my night guard I wear at night for TMJ but hopefully the discomfort of them will pay off in the end. Your bluebirds sound wonderful. I am watching two baby bunnies on my patio. One came right up to my patio door looking inside. It would have been a beautiful cute pic but I was too tired to get up and take one. I ordered some things to create a hummingbird fountain. I can't wait for the the last of the set up to come on Friday.

Chris. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to say I can't believe it because I have prayed for this for years for you and still pray for that. Wow and wow and wow are my words for the moment. Now my prayer is that your body will adjust to the new med so you won't have so many side effects. That must be one powerful med that God has led the oncologist to use for you. I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. I am SO happy for you. That just made my day!!!!!

Thank you for all for welcoming Heather. I do hope she will post again and let us know how she is doing.

Thank you for your prayers for me in my Covid recuperation. I am doing much, much better but I am still having some fatigue. I FINALLY got my master bathroom completely clean. Just finished cleaning the tub this afternoon. That felt like climbing Mt Everest just a week or so ago even thinking about doing that. I did resume my walking on Saturday and had planned on going to church yesterday but had another night of insomnia so stayed home and was pretty tired the whole day. Today feeling much better.

Have a great week dear sisters. It is always so uplifting to hear some great news.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 18, 2022 07:04PM wheatfields wrote:

Chris I am so happy for you, and yes indeed you made my day too with the good news on your scans! Now I'm praying that your body adjusts to the new meds and you feel better each day! Praise the Lord and Great is His Faithfulness!

Carol also praying for you to get the rest you need, and yes if you ever need a GI they do put you under like Nancy said, in a twilight zone, or sleep.

Nancy, continuing in prayer for your complete recovery and for any GI issues and also insomnia. Thank you for sharing your experience on the GI issues. I've been to this gastroenterologist before and it was recommended that I have a scope every 10 years, but since it's been 8 since the last one he thought it a good idea. So unlike most people, I would drink the stuff for anyone, if they could do the IV for me. I have an upper and lower one scheduled for September 14.

Praying too for Hershey, Jean and GB (I saw a red bird this morning and thought of you) It wasn't a cardinal but it sure looked red.

Love, Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/16/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/16/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 19, 2022 10:22AM sunshine99 wrote:

Chris, that is such amazing news! I'll be singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" all day today!

Nancy, I actually had a decent night's sleep last night. Will try to replicate yesterday's schedule to see if it works again. Congratulations on getting your master bathroom cleaned. I get it – that's a big deal. I'm sorry you didn't make it to church.

Love and prayers to all,

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 20, 2022 08:27AM - edited Jul 20, 2022 08:40AM by hersheykiss

Chris, I am so happy for you! God is good, indeed!

Nancy, I'm glad that you are feeling better. Cleaning the bathtub is my least favorite housework job, so kudos to you for tackling it while still recovering from COVID.

Wheatfields, I will pray for successful upper and lower endoscopies on September 14. I too am a "hard stick" and will especially pray for a painless and easy IV placement.

My mother has been diagnosed with COVID. Again! Everyone from her assisted living facility attended a luncheon at a local restaurant that turned out to be a super spreader event. Other than feeling tired, my mother seems to be doing well. She should have super immunity by now: she's fully vaccinated, boosted, and twice recovered from COVID!

Blessings on everyone's day.

Jul 20, 2022 06:00PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hershey, I am really sorry to hear your Mom has Covid again. My neighbor just told me that she had Covid at the same time I did and she just had it at Easter time too. I sure hope your Mom has a very mild case of it. Since getting this I have read every article I can on the Omicron BA 5 variant that is the dominant one that has overtaken the country now. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to offer much immunity and is know for reinfection. It also has a great ability to evade the vaccines and boosters so it is problematic in that regard. There is supposed to be a new booster coming out in the fall which will have protection for Omicron.

Wheatfields, I didn't realize you had experience with the scopes already. I hope the IV goes well and that you don't stress out too much since it is several weeks away. I am like Hershey and my veins are really challenging. I have a brain MRI coming in a few weeks and will be dealing with that again. I do hope you can get relief from this burning feeling in your stomach.

Carol, I am glad you had a good night's sleep. Last night I had a new version where I got to sleep okay but woke up very early and couldn't get back to sleep so I just got up for a while and then went back to bed.

Thank you all for your prayers. I have been walking and I am doing much, much better. I can't say if I am a 100% yet but my fatigue has not hit me today so maybe it won't. At any rate I am so grateful to be getting my life back.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 21, 2022 04:20AM gb2115 wrote:

Waiting for an insurance determination on the breast MRI I'm supposed to have next week. The hospital called yesterday and warned me that my insurance company has started denying hospital MRIs recently and instead favoring freestanding facilities. They were going to reach out and tell them my reasons for picking the hospital (terrible IV stick--need access to the vein ninjas and their little vein scanner, and need a MRI table with the hole so I can look straight down and not have to twist my neck for an hour since I already have neck pain, and needing the bigger machine because of claustrophobia). My insurance case manager told me today that the auth is now in physician review. She's supposed to call me again today to update.

I guess if it's denied I discuss with the surgeon at my appointment next week and see if she'll call them and do a peer to peer or something. I hate delaying the scan, but that freestanding center is someplace I'd rather not go back to.

I hope it will just work out....

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jul 21, 2022 09:47AM gb2115 wrote:

Well, it was denied. I have a call out to the doctor's office. I'm so upset. They said it's not necessary to have it done at the hospital and I disagree.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jul 21, 2022 07:05PM - edited Aug 4, 2022 08:23AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Jul 22, 2022 12:09PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

GB, I hope you can get some satisfaction if one of your medical team reaches out for you. Dealing with insurance issues can be so frustrating and upsetting. Praying things resolve in a way you will be comfortable with.

Teka, welcome back. I hope you are enjoying your summer and your knee is continuing to do well. Yes, I think I can say I am almost back to myself. I know Covid can be very insidious and so I am waiting for several days in a row of feeling good before thinking I am fine. Do you get any of this really hot weather? Glad to see you back.

Have a great weekend everyone. When I tested positive for Covid on June 21 it was my five week hair apt that same day. Needless to say that got canceled. Today I finally get to have my hair apt. With this hot and humid weather by the end of the day after working in my flowers my hair looks like a wild women!!!!! I will be so glad to get it cut this afternoon. All of my pieces were shipped for my hummingbird birdbath. I can't wait to see how it works. I will have to send a pic once I get it up and running.

Love,

Nancy

Page 1847 of 1,884 (18,839 results)

Scroll to top button