Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1848 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Jul 25, 2022 06:15AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, nothing is resolved yet. The MRI was denied unless I go to a freestanding facility. The doctors office was supposed to call on Friday, but I never heard anything. My doc is on vacation, so someone else was going to call. They sounded annoyed when I talked with them on the phone though.

The MRI is scheduled for tomorrow, so I need to make a decision today about how long I give this before I cancel that appointment. I will see my doc on Wednesday so we can discuss then. I'm not thrilled that insurance could cause an imaging delay here. They shouldn't get to do that. It could be a couple of months delay because of how appointments book up. I'm actually considering filing a grievance because there was no indication that they even have policies like this anywhere in the plan documents. You think in-network is safe so you schedule your appointment. And then, nope. They need to be more transparent with plan members, because I would have been all over this ahead of time.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jul 25, 2022 06:22AM gb2115 wrote:

What's particularly frustrating is that they're spinning this like their decision will save ME money. I have the same co-pay no matter which facility I go to. I just feel that this needs to be in the plan documents somewhere so people aren't blindsided by it at the last minute. I also see that they are possibly balking at the endoscopy I'm supposed to have next week, but I can't deal with that right now....

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Jul 25, 2022 10:57AM intolight wrote:

gb, I am so sorry you are going through all this nonsense with insurance. You are right, they shouldn't be allowed to do this. And noone files a grievance so they get away with it. I am praying for quick resolution for you.

It seems like one thing improves and another crops up. My gut feels somewhat better with less distress but now I have an aweful pain in my left back. It feels like I strained it but I don't know when or how. I have given it five days and am just starting to have some relief. It seems like we can't get a break. Have a good week everyone.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 25, 2022 11:22AM - edited Aug 4, 2022 10:24AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Jul 25, 2022 02:24PM hersheykiss wrote:

GB, it's upsetting how much the insurance companies may determine care after our doctors prescribe a procedure or treatment. I hope your insurance company quickly approves your MRI at the hospital and not at the ambulatory imaging center.

Chris, it sounds like your back pain is improving. I hope it continues to get better.

For everyone in the midst of this excessive heat wave, I pray you find some cooling relief today.

Jul 25, 2022 04:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

GB, in my huge network of doctors I think every single procedure has to be authorized ahead of time. They do that. I don't have to. I have a Medicare Advantage plan. I doubt that I could even get a breast MRI and I believe it is because of the cost. I am sorry you are dealing with this. If you are going to cancel I wouldn't wait too long because they may end up charging you for it anyway. I hope your doctor will be able to intervene in this when you see him/her. I remember having to fight tooth and nail with insurance companies in the past. It is SO frustrating and time consuming but I have found that if you really believe you are in the right persistence does pay off. I have never filed a grievance but if you feel like pursuing that maybe you will get some action. I will pray that it will work in your favor.

Chris, I hope your back pain will just disappear. I will pray for that to happen.

Hershey, I am praying for your Mom that she will recover quickly. Unfortunately I am still dealing with fatigue. This weekend I was just tired the whole weekend but our weather could be part of that . We got 5.13 inches of rain in two days. We are actually getting relief from the heat this week but I know so many parts of the country are not. How is your shoulder doing now that PT is over?

Teka, how is your knee doing? Is the heat wave affecting your area so far north?

I got my hummingbird fountain all up and running. I recorded a video on my cellphone but I am not having much luck getting that on my computer to actually run as a video. I was going to post it here but I think I have to redo and figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't do videos so that is part of the problem!!!

Have a good week everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 25, 2022 07:54PM gb2115 wrote:

It looks like they did a doc to doc and got authorization!!

Jul 25, 2022 08:59PM - edited Aug 4, 2022 10:25AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Jul 25, 2022 09:55PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

YEAH FOR GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 26, 2022 12:26PM sunshine99 wrote:

GB, that's wonderful news!

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Page 1848 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button