Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1851 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Aug 3, 2022 01:11PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you all for your birthday wishes, banners and comments on my butterfly photos. I couldn't sleep last night so I finally got up around 4 and made a greeting card for a friend. Not a great day to start off my birthday but the weather forecast changed and now the rain is not coming until later so now I am back to figuring out what fun thing to do. It is miserably hot and humid so that may limit what I would like to do.

GB, praying that your endoscopy was not too difficult and that it will help your doctor figure out what is happening. Yikes, waking up during that procedure is stuff of nightmares!!!! Hopefully that didn't happen today. I too have a swallowing problem post neck surgery in 2001. That was a typical side effect which was supposed to go away. Mine never did and really no solutions even after the tests. I have learned to swallow pills on one side of my throat. Hopefully you will get your situation resolved.

Wheatfields, how is your stomach burning? I know you won't have your scopes until Sept but I am praying already.

Have a great day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 3, 2022 01:21PM sunshine99 wrote:

Happy birthday, Nancy! I hope you get some relief from the heat and humidity. It's warm here with the doors open and no AC but it's not too bad. It's only 98F right now with a high of 110. It could be worse!

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 3, 2022 03:33PM hersheykiss wrote:

Carol, a high of 110?! Swoon! But it's a "dry" heat, right? ;-)

Happy birthday, Nancy! I hope you have something fun planned for the rest of your special day!

Aug 3, 2022 06:01PM - edited Aug 3, 2022 06:01PM by sunshine99

The thermostat says it is 94F in the house, 39% humidity. Outside it's 107F with 20% humidity. High clouds are starting to build. Looks like a possibility of thunderstorms tomorrow. Guys are getting close to getting done today and we'll be able to turn the AC back on.

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 4, 2022 06:17AM - edited Aug 4, 2022 06:17AM by gb2115

Happy birthday Nancy!

It went ok. IV went right in. I had blood vessels burst into a little rash under the BP cuff. Doc said to get platelets checked. I see oncology in a few weeks for my next Zometa infusion. I guess I can call and tell them what happened to see if they want to add that to the blood they're drawing. I personally think the cuff was too tight, but still....

I have a small hiatal hernia and an over relaxing LES, so there's the GERD. She said the swallowing things sound like an autoimmune things that can happen with the esophagus. Not sure what to do with that. I will ask her more at the follow up.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 4, 2022 03:44PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you for more Birthday wishes. I may not have family close to celebrate as in the past but you all are like my second family so I do appreciate all of you so much. The rain and basically awful weather prohibited me from doing what I would call fun on my birthday. I did have a big splurge and had my first sweet treat since Jan. I am still on my detox diet. I had a chocolate frosty from Wendys. Wooohooooo. I paid for it all evening so I will think twice before doing that again. I was having terrible computer issues and knew I needed to call the Geek squad. This morning two miracles happened. My computer had a Chrome update and now it is working just fine. I had figured out it was a Chrome issue but wanted the tech people to deal with it. Then my landline phone that hadn't been working for several days is all of a sudden working. Thank you Jesus!!!

Carol, I hope the door project is all finished so you can have AC. Yesterday we had humidity of 75 and when I finished my late night walking I was drenched when I got home. I have not experience dry heat before so I don't know what that is like. I have experienced Florida in July and Texas in July and after those experiences decided I could never live in either of those places!!

GB, I am glad your IV went fine. The blood vessels bursting is interesting. Hopefully no problem there. When you mentioned a small hiatal hernia I completely forgot I have one of those too. My new gastro didn't have me do the upper scope and when the colonoscopy was all over I don't think I even realized maybe he made a mistake and didn't read my records carefully. Hopefully you will get some answers when you have your follow up. Are you on an acid blocker for GERD? I have had that in the past and was on the meds for a long, long time and then read that you are only supposed to take them short term. So I just stopped taking the meds. My gastro is long retired now who prescribed that. Sounds like you have quite a few issues to deal with. Hopefully nothing serious.

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 4, 2022 07:57PM - edited Sep 1, 2022 11:32AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Aug 4, 2022 10:58PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Teka, I am glad that you were able to get in much sooner. Obviously you need the knee surgery and hopefully this will be a solution to get you out of pain. I know no one likes the thought of facing a big surgery but I am glad this doesn't have to be more long and drawn out as it could have been. You tried the more conservative route and that worked in the short term. Now hopefully you will do fine and it will be a good long term solution. My Mom had a knee replacement quite a few years ago and she did really well. I will be praying that your surgery will go well with a good result. In the mean time I pray that you have good pain control.

PS I have not tried the sugar free and gluten free candles. LOL It might be an "enlightening" experienceWinking

Love,

Nancy

Aug 5, 2022 06:01AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, I've been sticking with pepcid as I've been afraid of long time Prilosec (or similar) use. She said I could up my dose since the reflux pain has been breaking through. I can try Prilosec if that fails. We'll see. She didn't see any damage from the reflux so that's good.

My nose has been crazy runny from the oxygen nasal cannula. I looked that up and apparently it's a thing that can happen. I hope it stops happening soon. I think my coworkers thought I had covid yesterday, lol. I have a ton of patient facing work to do today, so running back and forth to blow my nose is not the best situation. I doubt I'm sick because I went to the endoscopy with a clear nose and woke up stuffy 20 minutes later. The oxygen flow felt really high. I should have said that to them.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 5, 2022 11:03AM intolight wrote:

gb, I have gone back and forth with Prilosec use. I have been on it for a long time prescribed by my doctor. It is the only thing that helps, My doctor said it helps prevent cancer of the esophagus in severe cases and we have to weigh damage there to other side effects. She monitors it. My GERD has been doing better on this new medicine so I may try to get off it again. I have tried in the past with poor results.

TEKA, I am glad you got in sooner.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Page 1851 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button