Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1852 of 1,863 (18,627 results)

Aug 6, 2022 08:01AM gb2115 wrote:

I suspect I will eventually end up on Prilosec. I guess I need to see everything else fail first!

At least my runny nose is getting better. I was able to have a productive day at work yesterday so that was good.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Aug 14, 2022 11:19AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 14, 2022 10:00PM sunshine99 wrote:

Thank you, Nancy. I needed that today.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 14, 2022 10:46PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Carol, this was the verse God gave me when I was pretty certain I had cancer and it was just a matter of that being confirmed the next day on the phone. It really did give me peace at that time and still is a good reminder of this truth for me and for everyone.

As we all know too well, God doesn't exempt us from problems and suffering but He does promise to be with us as we go through them. My goal is to feel His presence always and I realize that this will be a daily challenge and effort and I fail miserably on many days. I am thankful God is patient and merciful.

I have my brain MRI on Wednesday to see if my brain tumor is stable. I have honestly not thought about it too much but now that it is coming soon I am. I think I am a bit more scared of my eye apt in a couple of weeks to see if my macular degeneration has gotten any worse.

I pray that we all have a good week as many are starting school in our area this week and I know Chris that Bria has already started. It is mind boggling that the summer has flown by.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 15, 2022 09:30AM wheatfields wrote:

Thank you Nancy for the lovely banner and the very special verse we all need to remember. We will be praying for your MRI and a good report and also your upcoming eye appointment, that nothing has gotten worse.

Praying for each of you!

Wheatfields

Dx 4/26/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 6/17/2019 Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 15, 2022 10:34AM intolight wrote:

Nancy, thank you for always knowing what to post and for being so encouraging. I am praying for your MRI and your eye issues. God knows what you need.

I am praying for all you ladies this morning. GB I hope your stomach issues resolve without using Prilosec but know it can help as it helps me.

Have a good day everyone.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 16, 2022 12:20AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you ladies for your prayers and kind words. It has been an interesting time of some terrible days after nights of insomnia. A couple of days ago I was finally getting to have some fun with my camera and I thought I should make a bathroom stop before leaving the house. As I looked down I had one turquoise shoe and one gray shoe on. It is obvious my head sometimes seems to not be screwed on straight!!! It is no secret that I am desperately trying to squeeze in some camera time that didn't happen for a good part of the summer because of fatigue from Covid. I am delving into flower photography which is a passion along with photographing butterflies and in this part of the country those beautiful flowers will disappear very quickly.

I can sense how some of you are feeling. I do pray for each one of you regularly multiple times a week. I know my temporary issues are nothing compared with what some of you are dealing with every single day. The one thing that I am so convinced of is that what sometimes feels like injustices in this life will be rewarded in the next. After all, this time on earth will be so fleeting in the scheme of eternity that our struggles here and now will quickly fade in the magnificence of heaven. When things get really difficult try to think on that.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Aug 16, 2022 10:57AM - edited Sep 1, 2022 11:33AM by teka

This Post was deleted by teka.

Aug 16, 2022 11:15AM intolight wrote:

Whoa Teka, way to envision the fleeing summer. It is starting to cool down at night in Colorado Springs. Last night it dipped to 47* but will be 84* tomorrow. Then it will begin to dip into a high of 70s by the end of the week. Winter is coming. I haven't experienced winter in Colorado for ten years and I am trying to prepare my mind for it. We hit a little of it when we moved here in February this year.

Nancy, I am trying to get out a bit but haven't even made it to the mailboxes yet. The puppy is forcing me to get up and out more... Good for you to keep at it. I love your butterfly and flower photos.

Dx 5/20/2016, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 16, 2022 12:42PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Teka, thanks for that reminder.Bawling When August began one of our meteorologists said in August we will lose an hour of daylight. I usually go kicking and screaming into this period of darkness which really hits when the clocks change. I have vowed to buy flowers regularly and they will be my practice subjects during that time along with giving me some joy.

Chris, I can't even imagine what a huge transition CO has been from CA. Our nights have dipped into the 60's but yours is quite a stark difference. I love having the windows open at night and feel a cool breeze. Your puppy is probably good for you and hopefully will give you some joy as well. Thanks for your nice comments. I am trying to master this specialty lens which makes for very dreamy kind of photos. When I think I am coming close I may post some pics. They will not be tack sharp as many prefer and some may think can't that girl get her pictures in focus!!! They would never pass in a photo competition which I am probably going to be participating less.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Page 1852 of 1,863 (18,627 results)

Scroll to top button