Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1853 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Aug 16, 2022 09:53AM sunshine99 wrote:

Good morning, ladies. It's so nice to see all of your posts.

Nancy, I'm so sorry you're still dealing with insomnia. I've actually had a decent sleep the past three nights, for which I am very grateful. I loved your shoe story. Fortunately, I have only one pair of slip-on shoes that I wear, so not much chance of mixing them up. Keep up with the photos - they're always a bright spot in my day. Thank you for your prayers.

Teka, call me weird, but on my weather app on my phone, I like to track the sunrise and sunset times of other locations. Since we're in San Diego, our days are a bit shorter than, say, Seattle. I also track sunrise/sunset times in Anchorage. Just as an aside, I love my Hallmark Christmas movies. One of them is set in Alaska (Christmas Under Wraps.) It shows the main character waking up at 6:30 AM in DECEMBER with the sun fully risen. LOL

Intolight, are you looking forward to a Colorado winter? I'll bet the cooler weather is always welcome. San Diego is always so varied. I'm glad to be near the coast where temps are a bit more temperate. Evenings and mornings have been delightful with lows around the mid 60s. Of course, then we drive out to the desert to see my dad. The high this week is 109, but that's better than 117.

Wishing everyone a blessed, symptom-free day.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 16, 2022 10:17AM intolight wrote:

Carol, I just moved from living in San Diego for eight years. I did love the weather while we lived there but am glad to be out of the craziness that was Pacific Beach, and California although I grew up there. I do miss the beach! We lived in Colorado Springs before so this is no surprise. We now live near family which is a nice trade-off. We'll see if I still feel this way come winter and single digit weather.

Nancy my oncologist told me to take Unisom for sleep and it works great. There is a specific one though and I will pm it to you when I get up again. I switch between Melatonin, Unisom, and a prescription Restoril per her orders so I don"t become dependent. I can go without any some nights.

Have a good week everyone.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 17, 2022 10:10AM sunshine99 wrote:

Intolight, would you mind PMing me with the specific Unisom, too? I don't want to become dependent, but I'd like to get into a pattern of good sleep.

I get wanting to leave the craziness of PB. We're in Mission Hills and although we have our share of "transient trouble" it's pretty tame here. We know all of our neighbors and we all look out for each other. We are very blessed.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 17, 2022 11:09PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Here is a pic from a recent outing to really try out this specialty creative lens. I was very encouraged and inspired by the fact that I found this huge planter with dahlias at our local arboretum which are dream flowers for a photographer to shoot. I was so inspired I bought another one of these specialty lenses called Lensbaby lenses which will come in a few days. I hope to go back to the arboretum tomorrow and and see what I can find.

I had my MRI today. I was surprisingly very calm going into the whole procedure considering I do have claustrophobia. I choose not to take the meds and have done fine. The tech person who BTW looked so much like Jamie from the Progressive commercials had me lift my my head so he could put earphones on my ears. At that point I had already asked them to cover my eyes so I am not sure what was on my head but I just know that my neck was in a lot of pain the whole procedure which has not happened with previous MRI's. Then I started to feel a bit nauseated and that feeling has persisted even into the very late night. I hope a good night's sleep will make that go away. I got results this evening and there was so much more information that I don't remember from previous radiology reports. The main thing is that it appears that the tumor is stable. There are other concerning things which I will ask the neurologist next week at my follow up apt.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 18, 2022 07:57AM intolight wrote:

Nancy, wow! Your dahlia picture is breathtaking! I miss the flowers in San Diego... I am glad your MRI is over and that your tumor is stable. Also that you got through it ok although the nausea bit is unsettling. Praying the rest is fine also.

Dx 5/20/2016, ILC, nodes, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/20/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 5/20/2016 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 6/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Aug 18, 2022 10:48AM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, I'm glad your MRI is over, but sorry you were dealing with nausea. I hope you get your results soon. Your photo is amazing. I'll bet you can't wait to get your new lens.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. I slept well last night - hopefully not just because DH is out in the desert for a couple of nights working on an art project with my dad.

Aug 18, 2022 12:30PM hersheykiss wrote:

Nancy, your photo is gorgeous. I especially like the fading around the edges. I'm glad that your MRI results indicate tumor stability, and I really hope the nausea passes quickly. That is such an unpleasant feeling. Perhaps some ginger tea or slices might help?

Aug 18, 2022 09:12PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Wow everyone. You all made my day. One of the rewards of photography for me is setting a goal and feeling like I achieved it. I knew this lens had a learning curve that I never mastered as I got distracted with other subjects and lenses. This time around I really wanted to delve into flower photography with these specialty Lensbaby lenses. My new Lensbaby is supposed to come tomorrow. I am very excited to try it out. I did go back to the arboretum today and I went right back to the same place I was at on Tuesday and I found some other dahlias as well. It has been fun trying new things even though it has been really hard on my upper back and I deal with a lot of pain while I am shooting with this lens. I feel really good that I am getting the hang of this lens early on and I am really thrilled with that even though it is a challenge physically.

I did get a message from my neurologist tonight and she said the tumor is stable. When I see her next week I will have several questions on some of the other things that were addressed in medical language I don't understand.

I do think my nausea yesterday during the MRI and that lingered into the night was possibly due to the contrast. There was quite a discussion regarding my weight. I have lost a lot of weight since the last MRI and I wrote in my new weight that I weigh at home with my doctor scales. I usually weigh 7 lbs more at the doctors office after eating and wearing clothes. I mentioned that to this tech. When I was just about ready to go in the MRI room this lady said your records say your weight is ........... I wasn't going to argue. I just finally said I have lost weigh since then but if you want to use that number go ahead. That meant that I would have gotten more contrast than I possibly should have. A discussion I will definitely have about this with my doctor next week.

I do appreciate your prayers and your encouragement. I hope you all have a great weekend. I will be having lunch with a friend tomorrow and then rain all weekend. That means doing some filing and getting my house in order.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 19, 2022 10:54AM sunshine99 wrote:

Nancy, interesting comment about your weight. I always thought that they asked about my weight to make sure I wasn't obese and would fit on the scan table. They did ask when I was checking in one time for an MRI. Maybe it was to know how much contrast to give me. I never thought of it. I hope your nausea resolved quickly. I'm glad to hear your tumor is stable. I hope the "other stuff" is stable, too.

Carol

Aug 20, 2022 03:29AM gb2115 wrote:

Nancy, that's kind of weird that they insisted on using your previous weight. I would definitely let someone know about that...that a staff member didn't believe your weight was as you stated.

First Dx IDC in 10/16 at age 38, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Second Dx IDC recurrence in original location 5/21. 1.3 cm ER/PR+, Her2 -. Grade 2. 2/2 nodes. UMX + AC/T + Zoladex/Exemestane + Zometa.

Page 1853 of 1,885 (18,843 results)

Scroll to top button